main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official John Ostrander Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Vrook_Lamar

Vrook_Lamar Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2008
    Yay, he's was my favourite cahracter in Broken and then he vanished.

He's interesting because of the various possible motivations that his duel loyalties infer. Calixte is similar but she's gotten more development so there's less of a mystery.

2. DARTHJOESITHLORD

DARTHJOESITHLORD Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2009
    Ohhhh, that makes sense. I just thought that it would be neat to have something like a Blademaster or a young Sith Lord going into the universe, In a set of comics like the ones about Master Snide. But yeah you do have lot of characters to deal with, I didn't even think about that part of it.

P.S
    Just saw the preview for Storms and I wanna say thanks for putting Darth Wyyrlok's daughter in it! I was hoping we would be seeing her! Blue, Evil, and beautiful, what more could a man want in a woman?

3. K2F2R42222233

K2F2R42222233 Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2008
    Mr.Ostrander,
    I have there questions
    Why dose the One Sith have red-and-black Sith tattoos?

Why did Darth Wyyrlok killed Emperor Krayt?

Will Legacy: Tatooine be the last story arc in Legacy comic series?

4. jfostrander01

jfostrander01 Writer: Dawn of the Jedi, Agent of the Empire star 3 VIP

Oct 26, 2001
    1) Custom among the One Sith.

2) The reason that he gave in the story was because he felt that Krayt was putting himself before the dream of a single galaxy under the rule of the One Sith. As I think he said, for the dream to live, the dreamer had to die.

3) No. Why would you think that? We're an ongoing series.

-- John

5. K2F2R42222233

Apr 6, 2008
    because of the inerview you gave to the newsomics online. sir.

6. Hircine

Hircine Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2009
    Are Roan Fel or the Imperial Knights aware of the fact that Palpatine was Darth Sidious

7. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    I really don't remember that. Which interview was that? Forgive me but i think my mind is going but it won't tell me WHERE.<g>

-- John

8. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    That's one of those questions I'd prefer to answer in LEGACY.

-- John

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Really? That's interesting...

10. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Hmm. It is.[face_thinking]

11. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    Perhaps I should have said that's the TYPE of question that I would PREFER to answer in SWL. I wouldn't read more into it than that.

-- John

12. K2F2R42222233

Apr 6, 2008
    http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Video_Interview_With_Ostrander_Duursema_121643.asp
    sir

13. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    I listened again and I THINK I see where the confusion lies. We said we had plotted up through issue 40 and all that means is that the Tatooine arc is fully plotted. We didn't say that the series was ENDING there -- that's the current storyline WE'RE working on and that STORY completes in 40. Believe me -- if it were the LAST storyline, we'd be a lot more open about that. As I've said, we're an ongoing series, the numbers are good right now, and we look forward to working on SWL for some time.

Was that what made you think the series was ending?

All the best

-- John

14. K2F2R42222233

Apr 6, 2008
    Mr. Ostrander
    You give hints in Part 2 of Indomitable and The Wrath of the Dragon comic books that is where i got the idea of that Legacy would end

15. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    Mr. Ostrander -

It looks like I won't be able to attend MidSouthCon after all! I'm horribly disappointed to miss the chance to meet you. :(

I will have to gush about the Imperial Knights from afar. Best of luck at the con!

16. Hircine

Hircine Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2009
    Mr. Ostrander,

I've recently picked up a copy of the Legacy campaign guide. What I would like to know is whether the information in the campaign guide is cannon, and if so how much was the Legacy team involved.

17. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Mr. Ostrander, I noticed while rereading Broken that Rasi Tuum appears in Legacy #2 when Shado, Sazen, and a few other Jedi gather before being ambushed by the Sith. By fights end it appeared as though Shado and Wolf Sazen were the last ones standing. They then leave alone. Rasi of course pops up again later in the Hidden temple arc. Did you intend to knock off the early Tuum character only realize you liked him and wanted to use him again?

And are we going to be seeing Tuum again along with some new Jedi in coming issues?

18. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    Hey K

You may be reading something into that since I made no hints in he scripts of which I'm aware since, as I've said, we're ongoing and have no plans to stop at 40 or any other number. I suppose at some point we will stop but there's no set number and it isn't something we're considering at the moment or that we have planned.

Honest, not trying to give you a hard time. Just trying to clar up some confusion.

-- John

19. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    This weekend at MidSouthCon, the Memphis Fan Force had the privilege of inducting John as an honorary member:

[image=http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/linworkman/midsouthcon09/IMG_9047.jpg]
    [image=http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp45/traci1012_public/MidSouthCon2009/JOinduction.jpg]

On behalf of all of us, I want to say that it was an honor to meet you and we thank you for coming and sharing so much of yourself and your work. :D

That was the formal spiel. ;) Informally: We love you, John! [:D]

20. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    Quick question, Mr. Ostrander - how do you pronounce the name of Darth Wyrlokk's daughter?

21. K2F2R42222233

Apr 6, 2008
    Mr. Ostrander
    why was there three leaders of G.A. by 127 ABY?

22. Ren_Stazi

Ren_Stazi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2008
    Quick questions Mr. Ostrander:

* Is Dru Valan (from "Indomitable") still alive? If not... Did he take his own life? Was he executed by Darth Azard?

* What are the names of female aides of Vaclen Tor and Edouard Fenel ("Renegade")?

23. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    Quick note. First, sorry I haven't been here more often as of late. I've had some (successful) eye surgery and have been getting caught up on my deadlines.

This weekend I'm going to be at the Superman Celebration in Metropolis IL for anyone who may be in the area. Come up and say HI if you do. I don't bite. Much. Well, maybe a nibble here or there. . . .

Lastly, I've written a DOCTOR WHO one-shot called AUTOPIA and it's out NOW on the stands. Also, in case you missed it, I've written the current issue of STAR WARS ADVENTURES: The Wind Raiders of Taloraan. Feel free to comment on these if you've read them and have a mind to do so. Catch you all later next week.

-- John

24. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    Have a safe trip, John. See ya this weekend! :)

25. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    John:

Any chance that Cade Skywalker will ever cross paths with Gar Stazi and the Galactic Alliance? It occured to me that the GA is the only faction that Cade has not interacted with.

When I was re-reading issue #20-21, I remembered that Gar Stazi had met Kol Skywalker during that meeting of the GA Tirumvirate. Makes me wonder if ole' Stazi could help talk some sense into Cade by reminding him that his father was a hero.

--Adm. Nick