A&A The Official John Ostrander Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Feb 26, 2002.

1. K2F2R42222233 Jedi Knight

Mr.Ostrander
    what Battle Tactics dose Admiral Stazi uses?

Hope you feel well
  2. jfostrander01 Writer: Dawn of the Jedi, Agent of the Empire

VIP
    star 3
    Whatever works. <g>

I'm feeling okay. The main reason I haven't been here a lot in the past few months, for those who don't know, is I've had three operations on my eyes because of my glaucoma since mid-April. The results have bveen very good and have significantly reduced my eye pressure which was eroding my optic nerves. There's no pain but there have been costs and the trips have been time consuming which has put me behind in my deadlines -- so I've been working on getting them back in shape. Plus, as some DC fans may know, I've gotten a little more work from DC.

My Mary and I also had to go back to her hometown in Michigan. Her mother had to have heart surgery and we were there for that. I'm sorry to say that a month later she had a major stroke and died and we were also back in Michigan for that. From mid April to mid September, I was barely home for longer than ten days at a time.

Anyway, I hope to be back here more often and answer the accumulated questions as best I can (or am willing to do -- hey, we all know I also like to obfuscate!<g>) -- so feel free to begin the dialog again.

All the best to all of you and thanks for your patience!

-- John
  3. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    It's good to have you back, John. I hope that your next few months are a bit more restful and trouble-free. :)

I don't follow DC comics, but I am intersted in hearing what you will be doing for them. Did you get a new title?

--Adm. Nick
  4. Corax78 Force Ghost

star 2
    Glad to see you're back John :)

Admiral- John is returning to DC with an issue of Suicide Squad in January, I believe it ties into the Blackest Night saga.
  5. jfostrander01 Writer: Dawn of the Jedi, Agent of the Empire

VIP
    star 3
    I'm doing an issue of SECRET SIX focusing on Deadshot that comes out next month and then, in January, Gail Simone -- a TERRIFIC writer and a good friend -- and i are doing an issue of Suicde Squad together that ties in to the BLACKEST NIGHT evcent at DC. I think the issue will be reasonably accessible. It also features Gail's Secret Six team. They and the Squad are NOT going to get along.

And my GRIMJACK story that appeared on comicmix.com, THE MANX CAT, is appearing in monthly installments from IDW. Issue 3 is out currently.

And SW PURGE 2 comes out within the next month, I think.

-- John
  6. K2F2R42222233 Jedi Knight

Mr.Ostrander
    you still did not answer my ?
    what Battle Tactics dose Admiral Stazi uses?
    also i found this link about
    Tatooine and the Skywalker connection
    http://www.njoe.com/2009/05/07/tatooine-and-the-skywalker-connection/
    may the force be with you always
  7. Manisphere Force Ghost

star 5
    Great to have you back, Sir! Very glad to hear you're feeling better. I have to say it's miraculous that Legacy has not been delayed more than a week for quite a long time.
  8. sonnymyson Jedi Knight

star 3
    Dear favorite EU author of mine,

I am just dropping by to say thanks for writing about SHA KOON in the upcoming Purge stand-alone issue! I deeply regret having killed her off years earlier in a fanfic of mine and look forward to hearing her 'real' story.

sonny
  9. jfostrander01 Writer: Dawn of the Jedi, Agent of the Empire

VIP
    star 3
    Sonnymyson

I hope I'm STILL your favorite EU author after you've read my version.<g> I know it won't be as good as YOUR's but I was trying.<gg>

-- John
  10. jfostrander01 Writer: Dawn of the Jedi, Agent of the Empire

VIP
    star 3

Actually, I gave you all the answer I HAD. I'm not certain what you're looking for. In general, for the past seven years Stazi has depended on guerilla, hit and run tactics. He has a larger fleet now and may be able to do more but he has no permanent base from which tto strike so he still depends on guerilla like strikes or combined raids with the Felpire forces. Is that he sort of thing you're looking for?

Thanks for the link.

All the best

-- John
  11. Corax78 Force Ghost

star 2
    Hey cool that's a link to something I wrote :)
  12. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    New SUICIDE SQUAD. [face_love] I?ve just gotten into SECRET SIX and I am SO excited for these books! Can?t wait to see what you and Gail have cooked up. [face_devil]:D

Really enjoying having MANX CAT in print. :cool:

We ran into Jim Hall last night at an art show and he?s having a signing next month here in Memphis when it comes out. We're making it a FanForce event. Wish you could be here. [:D]

13. Asharak Force Ghost

star 4
    Since Cade is finally able to see Kol can we expect a major heart to heart conversation between them in the near future?

It would be great if Ganner and Draco could get some issues focused around them. They have both been in the series from the start, but so far we don?t know much about them, Draco seems pretty close(closer than Cade IMHO) to the dark side for instance.

I think Legacy has been a little slow the last 10 issues(particularly the Cade stuff has been threading a little water in my opinion), but overall I am really impressed with your work. I haven?t been this interested and impressed by a Star Wars comic series since "Dark Empire".
  14. K2F2R42222233 Jedi Knight

Mr.Ostrander
    That is what I was looking for.
  15. Black-Dog Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Hello, John? I was wondering if you plan to have the Knighthunters from the Legacy Era Campaign Guide to eventually appear in the series.

Also, great job on the Tatooine storyline. :) Can't wait to see what Gunner will be doing next.
  16. jfostrander01 Writer: Dawn of the Jedi, Agent of the Empire

VIP
    star 3
    We spent a lot of time going into VECTOR putting our pieces in place. For example, some folks thought that the single issue on Darth Wyyrlok, while interesting, wasn't really moviing the story along. With the ending of VECTOR, the importance of that issue became clearer. Since then we've watched Cade get closer and closer to the Dark Side. At the end of the most recent arc, he kept himself from giving in to the Dark Side, from killing hiw own mother, an act that certainly WOULD have brought him completely Dark Side.He said that he didn't to be that person. That may seem small buts significant. Are we going somewhere? very definitely. Will you see it soon. Yup.

Are there more plans for Ganner and Antares? Yup. More Kol and Cade? Not at the moment but that can always change. Jan and I are such whimsical people!<g>

-- John
  17. Asharak Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for the answers :)
  18. sonnymyson Jedi Knight

star 3
    I made her dead before she made knight, just to make Plo Koon sad.[face_shame_on_you] Anything would be better than that.

I like your non SW writing too, even the Westerns.
  19. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    Great job on Legacy #41, John. I love that instead of being a "one shot" issue that it steps up a great future storyline for the Mandos. =D=

I had a question regarding the Battle of Botajef. I am curious if the GA relief fleet was trying to contact the Mandalorian forces on Botajef when Auchs betrayed the Mandos.

Is it implied that the GA was signalling the Mandalorians to withdraw when Auchs struck and betrayed his fellow soldiers?

BTW- I loved the reference to the GA fleet being in the Arkanis Sector. Not only is it good geography for a mission to Hutt Space, but it is in general just a cool place to be. Is that planet supposed to be Tatooine?

I cannot wait for #42! :D

--Adm. Nick
  20. Asharak Force Ghost

star 4
    Legacy 41 was really good, the potential storylines springing out of this issue makes my mouth water.
  21. K2F2R42222233 Jedi Knight

Mr. Ostrander
    Are any new G.A. Military units from the Legacy Era Campaign Guide going to make any appearances in any new Legacy issues?
  22. jfostrander01 Writer: Dawn of the Jedi, Agent of the Empire

VIP
    star 3
    No current plans. Sorry.

-- John
  23. jfostrander01 Writer: Dawn of the Jedi, Agent of the Empire

VIP
    star 3
    For those of you who might be interested -- I've written issue 15 of DC's SECRET SIX comic which just went on sale. It's a stand alone story and, while it does reference previous stories, I think it stands on it's own. It spotlights the character DEADSHOT who is pretty cool. Art is by Jim Calafiore and he's done a great job, IMO.

If you do read it, let me know what you think.

-- John
  24. K2F2R42222233 Jedi Knight

Mr.Ostrander
    Why do Imperial Missionaries wear white?
    I am sorry for asking
  25. jfostrander01 Writer: Dawn of the Jedi, Agent of the Empire

VIP
    star 3
    The missionaries are like the flip of the coin to stormtroopers -- who wear white. It appears to be a fave Imperial color. And no need to apologise. It's a fair question.

-- John