main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official KOTCS Novelization Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Ulkesh2, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Anybody finding it yet?

2. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    The novelization by James Rollins hits shelves on Tuesday May 20th. So it's not out yet.

3. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Yeah that's the official party line answer. But see part of the fun is to find novels earlier than the official party line answer. I HATE street dates and all that they stand for. My philosophy is I'm the paying customer. Let me buy the book. MINE! MINE! MINE!

[face_money_eyes]

Ahem...sorry.

[face_blush]

Street dates are silly. Mistakes are made all the time and books are released early. Why fight it? So come on people let's break them silly street dates in protest of silly street dates. If you are the paying customer then that should override street date nonsense. That's the American way!

[face_flag]

4. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    Im picking it up tomorrow as well as the soundtrack. Should this be made into the novel discussion thread?

5. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    What a novel idea. ;) I'll change the title.

6. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002

[face_plain]

:p

I wonder if I swing by B&N now or right before they close I can pick it up tonight.

7. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    I have it, and I've read the prologue and half of chapter 1, needless to say the book so far is well written just like the novelizations for the first three movies.

8. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    I've read the first four chapters now (I'm a fast reader) and so far I'm really impressed. So far just in the first four chapters we have action, a snake, a betrayal, and the introduction of the enemies.

And I did read the ending (Im one of those people, Im confessing), and Im not sure if I like ending, I have to see how the book plays out.

9. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    Okay I finished it. And needless to say I'm still kind of iffy on the ending, it sort of puts a big red bow on the movie. There was one thing I was really starting to get annoyed with though, and it was the use of Indy's real name in there. It was like it was rubbing it in our faces that Indiana is not his real name.

Does that need to be highlighted even though its something that carried over from Last Crusade?

10. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    Just picked up the hard cover version today. It is 30% off at Borders book store. And around the corner was a nice new movie theater so I also purchased two tickets for the midnight showing of CRYSTAL SKULL tomorrow night! So far, haven't touched the pages of the novel for spoiler sake.

11. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Got it yesterday and started reading it. It's really easy to get hooked!

Last night I read about the first 100 pages, which in theory should be the first 35-40 minutes of the movie (it's about a third of the book).

12. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    Its so good, I got engrossed in it that I finished it in a day. Some of the dialogue made me lol.

13. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    OK, this probly shouldn't be spoiler material but I should black out anyhow: I hope the line about him explaining he fought with Pancho Villa isn't actually in the movie. Because in the novel, he uses it to explain why he speaks Quechua. But obviously Quechua is an Incan language, I don't think it's spoken in Mexico and if it was, it would only be near Central America, not in the northern part of Mexico where Pancho Villa was.

14. JohnJacksonMiller

JohnJacksonMiller Mastermind: KOTOR, LTotS, Knight Errant star 3 VIP

May 24, 2005
    Also check out Dark Horse's graphic novelization, adapted by Luke Ross and yours truly. It was an unusual experience today seeing the movie after all that time imagining what everything would look like for the adaptation!

15. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002

Whoa, Im going to go check that out later on today. Thanks!

16. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Someone at The Raider.net has highlighted some scenes in the novel that didn't make it to the movie;

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?p=330107#post330107

17. Palpateen

Palpateen Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2000

wow, those scenes alone make me want to get the novel. I'm sold! Besides, everytime I visit a bookstore, they've got tons of those things at the front of the store.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.