main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The ***Official*** LACWAC Fan Art Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    This thread has been a long time coming, I'd say.

With all the insane (and I mean that in every sense of the word) creativity some of you've shown lately with your artistic endeavours, particularly in the recent "Design a LACWAC" contest, I think it's only right we have a fanart thread.

The good folks over in the TFN Fan Art Forum have given us the OK on this, since this thread will probably become a source of lots of in-jokes and such. However, if you're into art as srs bsns, then by all means, check out the Fan Art forum! They've got some insanely good artists, and don't feel shy to start your own art thread there -- they're a great resource for getting feedback. They've also expressed interest in possible collaborative activities between the forums in the future... ;)

In the meantime, this thread will be for all artsy projects along the lines of drawing, sketching, photoshop work, youtube videos, photos of your handcrafted life-size Yoda statue made from moss and twigs you found in your backyard, etc etc etc. Go at it.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  2. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Hmm... my Clone Wars art has generally been sketches on the notebook between hastily written notes. On one page of writing there can be an entire Jedi or Separatist Council. But because they generally aren't good-looking (what is that thing you call perspective?) and anyway my notebooks have squares, I'm not going to scan them.

Then I have one Hondo Ohnaka vid on Youtube, the music is (of course) He's a Pirate by Klaus Badelt. Note: It seems almost like a rule that every Hondo video should have his friends line.
    After Hondo's next appearance, I'm going to do another with Up Is Down by Hans Zimmer.

I'd do snow art, I have done Minas Tirith, Barad-dûr and Davy Jones, but the temperature will most propably be under zero for three months, so don't except anything soon.

teamhansolo likes this.
  3. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Hm. These are suddenly topical. :p

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/Rogue_Follower/Art/san_recolor.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/Rogue_Follower/Art/rogwa_wodrata.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/Rogue_Follower/Art/po_nudo.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/Rogue_Follower/Art/shu_mai.jpg]

4. Harpalyce

Harpalyce Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 19, 2010
    I actually squee'd in real life at seeing this thread. I am not even going to lie.

I really, really look forward to seeing everyone's art. We have some ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! artists in here, and that's already been shown in this thread!! (I mean - WOW - I'll give more constructive praise tomorrow when I'm not tipsy, lol.)

To just go ahead and plug my own stuff, I'm still fairly pleased with the 'Pinup'-style Ventress I drew awhile back. But I already have a thread on the art forum, so I'll try to only cross-post new stuff that is relevant on here.

I do have a question I want to pose to people here. Does anyone have tips on drawing clone armor? I'm working on a Clone-Wars-ish comic, very slowly (set from order 66 on, so sort of after LACWAC's scope, but I may post it here if people are ok with it - it's very silly LOL), and so far I've been desperately avoiding the helmets... but this can only happen for so long. : / I have a hard time making it look 'architectural'. So far I've not been dwelling on it too hard; I tend to make up excuses for not finishing stuff so I'm bravely getting through as much as I can before getting lazy. I can sit and put my artwork down and not do anything, well, ALL DAY, so I'm trying to not do that. But it's still something I would like to improve on! Does anyone have tips for drawing clone armor?

5. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Wow, did you make those Rogue_Follower?

That is awesome.

6. TogrutaJedi

TogrutaJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2010
    Awesome indeed. Those are some great aliens!=D=

7. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Hopefully this doesn't lead to some DeviantArt style postings:p

8. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Lol RF. Lol. I will post some of my san hill + tarkin pinup art soon.

9. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    This thread is already giving me nightmares...[face_worried]

10. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Time for some moderate artwork to provide sweet dream fuel! [face_laugh]

Sooooo I'm nowhere near as skilled as what we've seen so far, but...eh...I've got Plo Koon as a Green Lantern and another of him and Kit Fisto training. :p

Also, those were terrific, RF. =D=

11. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    More moderate artwork? Like a pimp hat Hutt, as seen in the Art of TCW?

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/Rogue_Follower/Art/ziro_the_pimp.jpg]

12. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    [image=http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a439/grasshoppercupcakes/Picture14-3.png]

13. Rogue_Follower

Nov 12, 2003
    lulz @ the rank garter. I'm sure the rest of the Mofference was very jealous.

14. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    [face_sick] So awful, yet I can't...look...away! [face_hypnotized]

15. Harpalyce

Harpalyce Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 19, 2010
    I NOW HAVE A NEW BACKGROUND, THANK YOU GOOD SIR

Actually that's disturbingly nice. If you need me... I'll be in my bunk.

16. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    MY EYES! THEY BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN! [face_beatup]

And yet, in the words of Thrawn, it's...so artistically done. XD

17. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    ZOMG Sithlord Gunray was actually serious.

Hilarious stuff!!! [face_laugh]

Love Ziro with the hat!

18. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Nice to see the drawing trend caught on!
    Here's one I just whipped up.
    Muunilist 10, with a couple changes I was inspired by from TCW.
    [image=http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/327/5/d/clone_wars_by_arcsquad12-d33g2cl.jpg]

clone commander bossk likes this.
  19. TogrutaJedi

TogrutaJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2010
    Nice drawing! You got the clone armor down pretty well.

20. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Thanks. I can draw the armor pretty well, but I did this in only about 45 minutes, so it isn't quite as detailed as I do for individual troops.
    When I get the time, I want to edit it and pretty it up. The background is glaring at me and I want to change that.

21. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Koonfan - Why... is Fisto attacking an entire planet in space? :p

RogueFollower - You are never going to drop that Pimp Hat business, are you?

SLG - :oops: This is why Filoni and co. don't come to our site! Cure you! And your rank-insignia garter!

Zandalor - Pretty slick. Makes me want to watch this 200 times until I get a seizure. :p

You know, I'm actually really surprised we've not seen the Muunilinst 10 yet...[face_thinking]

22. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    So where's the San Hill pin-up?

...'cause I'm really twisted like that.

OHNAKA SAYS 'CHEERS'!

23. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Barriss, that scene never gets old.

24. XJapanRoX

XJapanRoX Official Star Wars Artist star 2 VIP

Dec 5, 2004
    Barriss, Zandalor --

While this has nothing to do with LACWAC art, I did this Captain Fordo recently, as I'm a huge fan of him and the Muunilist 10! Thought I'd share it with y'all!

25. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Very nice rendition! I like your style; flashy, slick, and clear. I'd seen that picture a little while back browsing DA, but I didn't know it was yours. I like it.