main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Official LACWAC Star Wars General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Dark Lord Tarkas, May 28, 2011.

1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Taken from the Rebels teaser thread:

I don't understand how you think SW doesn't deal with death. The six-episode saga we have right now hinges entirely on Anakin's inability to accept death.

2. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I rather like that the OT doesn't linger too much on death, coping, etc. Not every bad thing that happens has to be brought up or become an ongoing burden/consequence. I don't really need to see Leia being depressed over Alderaan, for example.

3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    The most depression we got was Luke over Obi-Wan and later Yoda. And even that was a few seconds, a minute tops. But then, Luke was always an emotional sap.

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  5. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
  6. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    It's true that SW doesn't spend an extraordinary amount of time on characters grieving over other characters' deaths, although it does spend some time on that, but that's not the only way of dealing with death. The whole reason Anakin turns to the dark side of the Force which the whole saga hinges on (albeit retroactively) is his inability to confront death - I think that's certainly dealing with the issue.

7. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Moving from the TCW thread:

Wookieepedia initially set up Legends as default because the canon pages at the time were largely bare-bones or in some cases non-existent. We will eventually switch the default, for when the subject has the same name in both Legends and Canon, to Canon, with the goal being to do so before Episode VII hits theaters. Note that this eventual switch will not affect Palpatine, since his Legends and Canon pages now bear different titles (so typing "Palpatine" alone into the search box will always take you to Legends, for technical reasons). The question of which should be default only affects subjects which bear the exact same title in both Legends and Canon (e.g. Anakin Skywalker), as well as redirects that apply to both versions (e.g. "Chancellor Palpatine", which currently redirects to Legends Palpy, but will eventually redirect to Sheev once the switch is made)

Cevan likes this.
  8. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Well that's good to hear. Part of me was suspecting that they were just keeping it on Legends because they were bitter, to be honest. :p

jcgoble3 likes this.
  9. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Trust me, there are plenty of Wookieepedians who are so bitter about it that they won't even do major work on NuCanon pages. Thankfully, we've gained a few new users this year that do most of their work on Canon pages, so it balances out.

At this point, we're looking for the point where the Canon pages are all fully filled out and ready to be presented as the default view. There's no exact timeline for the switch, but I'm one of a few users that is pushing for making the switch sooner rather than later (and in fact, back in May I was one of several users that voted for making Canon default from the outset, but I was outvoted 2 to 1 on that). Ultimately, it will be up to a vote of the Wookieepedia community at large as to when we actually pull the trigger.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Ok good well so I know have to look up Sheev paplatine I guess

Really who wanted to implement that name.

11. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    James Luceno.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    if I ever see him I will thank him for that Oh so great name.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    For anyone interested the wook does not have a article on Sergeant Crest the clone trooper in the Tarkin Novel do what must be done and make it so.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So who wants to continue on if Jango was Satrile and why he would want a cloned son.

15. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    FRICK I JUST GOT RE-HIT WITH ALL THE LUMINARA FEELS OUT OF NOWHERE

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  16. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    YOU WILL NEVER ESCAPE THEM!

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Imagine what will happen when you see that Barris is dead.

18. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    THAT"S NOT TRUE THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE.

19. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Well obviously it'll happen eventually and I'm personally hoping for a redemptive Ganner Rhysodian last stand, but Dave Filoni did actually confirm that she wasn't executed so...

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So I think that gives her one option and that is she is part of the empire.

21. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Or she's with Ahsoka.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    How could Ashoka get her out.

23. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Force tricks.

24. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    I always liked the idea of her escaping during the Battle of Coruscant and then becoming an anti-Imperial darksider terrorist. And then she runs into Ahsoka. Stuff ensues.

25. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    What is this thread and why have I never seen it before?