main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Official LACWAC Star Wars General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Dark Lord Tarkas, May 28, 2011.

1. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    A flashback that explains what exactly? Why he decided to make himself as douche-y as possible?

2. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    hmmm... sounds like frustrated reaction to my WOT.....:p

and Tarkas how doubledouble sabers could be explained in any way- he just used doubledoublesabers because he wants i don't think anything could explain such an odd weapon choice but then when we first time saw doublebladed saber used by Exar Kun cross of lightsaber's bladelimits was gone to me so i wouldn't care if we see 13-bladed saber but would be too hard to animate....or even illustrate in any way[face_thinking] ..... hopefully that besaliskclown bites the dust by Grievous:p

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    @fanboy

If he uses them to create a defensive wall, that will make sense. Don't be one of those it-doesn't-make-sense-no-matter-what LACWACers.

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    if he accidentally slices himself it would be so awesome[face_laugh]

5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
  6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    No I'm not frustrated at all, I got answers to the questions I asked. There's no point in trying to argue needlessly when I went in asking for an explanation and you all offered ones. So in fact, I will thank you Swash, and thank you to everyone else who responded to my question. You all rock [face_peace]

We're not taking issue with how wielding 2 doublesabers would be feasible, we're taking issue with how it's obvious they just wanted to make a cheap badass character for all the fanboys ('cept me of course :p) to get excited over.

7. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Joke:D

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    If they don't bother building up the character well including acknowledging and hopefully explaining his unique weapon choice your description will be correct; if they do those things, however, I believe your description will be incorrect.

9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    No, they shouldn't be designing characters like that in the first place. A backstory doesn't nullify his cheapness, or justify it in any way.

10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    A rather simple point of view.

EDIT: I just realized I brought up TCW as the new topic because I didn't realize I was in the Star Wars general thread. :oops:

So yeah, I need to start figuring out exactly what to take out of Ep. I to prove my point that it can be awesome.

11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    [image=http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k546/ImNotAStarWarsFanboy/tarkasyuno.png]

12. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    There's nothing wrong with a simple point of view, especially when it's an accurate one.

13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    True, when it's an accurate one. Of course, I'd have to be a lunatic to think CT would be the one to tell fanboy to stop thinking he can read the minds of the writers. :p But we're still off-topic...

14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    How is this off-topic? We're still talking about Star Wars right?

And Tarkas, if you look back through the Season 4 thread you'll see I'm not the only one seeing him like that.

15. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Accuracy of certain point of view is also depending on certain point of view[face_mischief]

Much to learn you still have.....

16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Because this should be in the TCW general thread.

I know you're not.

17. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I have no special relationship with multiple sabers idea then what? One saber or two or three or four..... i'll judge that guy after we see the episodes- but seeing besalisk as jedi is welcome- one of the underused species and his physicality alone allows difference in saberarts- could be they came up with idea in this order:

GL: New jedi for season4!
    Dave:hmmm... let's make it alien!-
    GL: The it's some alien from the movies this time!
    Dave: I've always liked the design of Dexter Jettster.
    GL: That's it Dexter's species as a jedi knight.....
    Dave: So Besalisk as a jedi then... but it has four hands...
    GL: Then he needs more than one saber!
    Dave: Have we ever seen two double-bladed sabers?

that would make it more acceptable than this order:
    GL: We need extreme jedi for season4!
    Dave: What about 2 doublebladed sabers- I've never seen that anywhere!
    GL: Good idea Dave let's make a jedi with two doubleblades!
    Dave to himself : damn i was joking....
    :p

18. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    He doesn't have to read the writers' minds. He doesn't need any proof, he doesn't need to know for sure. He's just following his instincts and experience, which is something we all do. If his instincts and experience tell him he isn't going to enjoy something, he is perfectly right to avoid it.

How do you determine if you will watch a movie? How do you know if you will like it? You can't know for sure, but you can guess. If you watch a trailer for a movie and your experience/instincts tells you you will probably not enjoy that movie, do you watch it anyway? Apply the same thing to food.

You don't need to try something you think you will not enjoy just because there's a chance you will. If your experience tells you you will not enjoy it and your instincts are correct the majority of the time, why put yourself through what will likely be a miserable experience just for the small chance you are wrong?

Yes, it can be a good thing to try new things, but there is no reason to try everything just for the sake of it.

By this age we all know what we will like and what we won't like and we're correct more often than not.

19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Did I say people shouldn't follow their instincts when it comes to choosing what to watch? This conversation really belongs in the social thread...

So does anyone else here actually like Ep. I or is it just me?

20. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Guys this is the general SW thread and you can complain about Eradicator Jedi elsewhere.

I think TPM is probably the most complete PT film but since it deals with Kid Anakin and Jar-Jar it isn't phenomenal.

Also, look forward to another cinematic TOR trailer at E3 next week.

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    You mean TPM i guess - it is ok movie- hopefully CGI is bit improved now when it's re-released droids need bit work..... but anyway it is far too hated because of Jar Jar and his foolish scenes and childish humour but one has to be real dullard if one or two seconds lasting fart joke ruins entire movie..... TPM is simplest of the PT in that most OT-like i guess- Maul is mysterious and Sidious/Palpatine is deliciously planning behind scenes all the time-

I don't get all that Jake Lloyd-hate either- ask me and he is better than Hayden and Lanter together:p and he is just 9 or so ..... One problem in the movie is that motives and background of TF should've been revealed more- without EU-info Nute's loyalty to Sidious makes no clear sense- why does these guys work with him? EU tells how Sidious helped Nute to the power so that helps a lot understanding where this odd relationship supposedly comes from and how it started- greedy Nute made a deal with the devil so there is no return form the path he has chosen..... hopefully we see more Gunray and also Haako in TCW :p

22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Yeah Phantom Menace had some great moments. But I generally skip most of the Tatooine stuff, including the podrace which I really don't care for.

Definitely looking forward to another TOR cinematic trailer - both Deceived and Hope were just amazing pieces of work and hopefully this year we'll get an even better one.

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    That was pretty badass. Pity if they didn't have a new cinematic as well, but at least this time we actually get to see the gameplay at its current standard. It looks a whole lot better than it did back in 2009/10. Need to get a new computer.

25. JoleeBee

JoleeBee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2011
    MMO? Thank you very much, but no.
    SW MMO? [face_sick]
    SW TOR MMO? [face_sick][face_sick] They even retconned KOTOR 2 - my all-time favourite SW game!:_|
    Got to admit, I'll play it when it become f2p.[face_laugh]
    And where is my KOTOR 3?[face_skull]