main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Official LACWAC Star Wars General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Dark Lord Tarkas, May 28, 2011.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Anakin is exactly the sort of person who would come up with cheesy lines though. Becoming Vader doesn't change that.

2. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I disagree, but I really don't feel like arguing the point. Believe what you wish.

3. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I thought the "aspirations" bit was clever because the word means "rough breathing" as well as "ambitions".

4. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    In the film, one clever pun would've been welcome. I'm glad the majority were kept to the novel. A few of them are...pretty bad.
    Do you plan on picking up the novel?

I just assumed, if Vader boarded his ship, then Raddus died in battle, one way or another.

5. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    When it comes out I'll pick it up - I wonder - will it come in two versions by different authors, junior and adult, like TFA did? I know the adult one will be by Alexander Freed.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    He's such a great author.

7. TheNerdyOne_

TheNerdyOne_ Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2015
    I think Rogue One opens to the doors to allow Kanan and Ezra to survive past ANH.

A lot of people thought they had to die because Kenobi was Leia's "only hope," but that's no longer the case. Kenobi is Leia's only hope by default. Not only it Tatooine very close to Scarif, and Leia was going there anyway, but what survived of the rebel fleet is likely on their way to a secret base. If she tries to go to them for help she'll lead Vader right to them. With the Ghost being present in the assault force, this means that Kanan and Ezra are out of the question even if they survived the battle. So they definitely don't have to die for that line to make sense.

And before someone brings it up, regarding Mon Mothma asking Bail to track down his "Jedi friend," this doesn't mean he's the only Jedi they have access to. They were talking about bringing in all of their assets. Just because they have a Jedi Knight and Padawan doesn't mean they wouldn't also mind having a Master on their side as well. The more Jedi the better.

8. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    "When gone am i, the last of the Jedi will you be."

9. TheNerdyOne_

May 24, 2015
    Good thing that line wasn't said in ANH then.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Correct, but it does mean that by ROTJ Kanan and Ezra either need to not be jedi or dead, but thats an extra 4 years.

11. TheNerdyOne_

May 24, 2015
    Well obviously, but like you said that's 4 extra years of potential stories with them.

12. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    "The Jedi are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe. You, my friend, are all that's left of their religion."

By ANH, Tarkin believes they are dead. I wonder what prompted that.

13. Zejo the Jedi

Nov 16, 2016
    And Obi Wan and Yoda were still alive.

14. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Also:
    Ezra: I'm not afraid of you
    Vader: Then you will die braver than most
    *Ezra cowers*
    Vader: Perhaps I was wrong

*Han Solo shoots at Vader multiple times only to have the shots blocked by a hand and his pistol pulled away through the force*
    Vader (in a tone like nothing's happened and he's just throwing some chic dinner party): We would be honored if you would join us.

Vader loves him some dark irony. Detached amusement to the universe is probably the only source of joy in his life. The pun fits perfectly in this vein of humor.

15. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    BREAKING NEWS!!!!
    It has been confirmed that

The "General Syndulla" who was called via intercom in R1 is indeed Hera and not Cham.
    http://ew.com/movies/rogue-one-rebels-references/rogue-one-and-rebels-6/

So now we know that Hera is still alive during R1. Filoni also teases that we might see the Battle of Scarif in Rebels, from the perspective of whoever at that time is in the Ghost.

16. Zejo the Jedi

Nov 16, 2016
    Coool, that might be series finale.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  17. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Yes, that's exciting news. It was awesome just seeing the Ghost in the film. Will be fantastic to see a rebels episode showing the ghosts role in the battle.

18. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    amazing news! I am much, much calmer now ;)

19. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I thought one of the Rebels chilling in the background in the Rebel base might have been Sato. Can't confirm, but he was on screen for a few seconds, behind the main characters in the shot. His front faced to the camera, he didn't speak. Grain of salt. Though apparently Sato's Corellian Crovette was spotted in the Space Battlw

20. TheNerdyOne_

May 24, 2015
    Both of Phoenix Squadron's remaining CR-90s appear in the space battle. And the Hammerhead that rammed the Destroyer also has the same markings as one of the Phoenix Squadron Hammerheads. Plus there are 3 Hammerheads in the space battle, all 3 may have potentially come from Phoenix Squadron.

Seems like the entirety of Phoenix Squadron is engaged in the battle, minus their carrier and A-wings. My bet is that the carrier is destroyed, taking most of their A-wings with it (we know at least one survives, since the new locations guide book depicts one of the Phoenix A-wings on Yavin IV). Sato usually uses the Liberator as his command ship though, so he very well may be alive.

cwustudent likes this.
  21. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Does anyone know if
    the Ghost was destroyed in the battle, or is that left unclear for now?

cwustudent likes this.
  22. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Unclear? I haven't heard anything about the Ghost being shown in battle much. Has anyone asked Pablo or Filoni about it?

23. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    for the most part the Ghost hung around Raddus' command ship. The smaller craft jumped to hyper space to escape before Vader's Star Destroyer flew in so I'm guessing the Ghost got away with them

24. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
  25. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah that would not surprise me. Most of us have been thinking that there was a new series in the works for a while now.