main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Legacy of the Force Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by russelguppy, Apr 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Awesome news.

Do we know how far along the cover is (or if it's done) and when it will be revealed?

2. StaryKnight

StaryKnight Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2006
    This is why I'm still holding out hope that the Solos make it through this alive. Luke is still very hurt from what happened. Not just about his wifes death but the fact that he prematurely killed a person who, once upon a time, was his friend and fellow rebel. One can only imagine what Ben is going through.

3. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Jaina doesn't deserve to be on Invincible's cover. At least not until we see her actually do something important. So far her biggest LOTF accomplishment is saving a bunch of younglings(with some help). Besides, we all know how misleading covers can be, so Jaina probably won't have anything to do with Jacen's defeat/death/redemption.

4. Kyptastic

Sep 10, 2005
    However, this really hasn't been the case with any of the LotF so far

Betrayal - Jacen - He betrays the Jedi and his family
    Bloodlines - Boba Fett - Finds out about his new family
    Tempest - Tenal Ka - The entire plot of the novel revolves around a threat to her leadership of Hapes
    Exile - Han and Leia - Self imposed Exile from both the Confederation and the GA
    Sacrifice - Mara - Jacen's sacrifice
    Inferno - Luke and Kasshykk burning - Luke swings into action and Jacen burns the Wookie Homeworld

The covers and titles, for the most part, have been quite literal in their describing of events, and I suspect there's little reason anything would change for the last three.

5. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    We know this:

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    We still have three books to go and I forget which book it was(Sacrifice?) but the Sword of the Jedi subject did come up again. When Jaina and Mara were talking, she expressed how she was confused over the whole title and wasn't quite sure what it meant. To me, that was foreshadowing to something big she will accomplish later on in the series. A hand in Jacen's redemption or defeat perhaps? Whatever it is, I can see the title "Invincible" going along with it.

With that in mind, I can't wait to see the completed cover. :)

7. StaryKnight

Nov 12, 2006
    ^^There's definentlly been some foreshadowing in this series. I'm just hoping that some of the "good" foreshadowing actually happens instead of just the bad.

8. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Fury preview on Random House:

http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780345477569

DP, parts of several chapters.

9. Kyptastic

Sep 10, 2005
    Valin Horn!
    Syal Antilles!!
    Kyle Katarn!!!
    Kyp Durron!!!!

Multiple other cool things!!!!!

This book is going to rock!

One question, how do you access the preview chapters?

10. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Click the book cover, it opens in a separate window. In the lower right corner of the window there will be arrows to move back and forward, works for me in Opera. In Firefox the window didn't load well, but clicking on the page loads the next one. Just move forward. There are 40 pages, some of them empty. Few almost intact chapters, but usually just one page from a chapter. Sorry if I'm saying things that you already know.

11. Kyptastic

Sep 10, 2005
    Thanks.

Just some observations from the pages - highlighted for courtesy and spoilers

Waroo on the falcon, hopefully that becomes a permanent thing.

Confirmation that Kam and Tionne survived

Jacen Kidnaps Allana!

Katarn receives a wound, perhaps fatal

Leia goes/is captured by Jacen

Luke and Jacen have another dogfight

12. StaryKnight

Nov 12, 2006
    Man!!!!!!!!! The Solos are going to die! I know it! Perhaps Jacens "dream" in Exile was the real deal after all.:_|

13. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    I hope not the'll end up killing two characters instead of just one and get rid of a huge bus load of potential in two characters. Not to mention they would have to create a new villian for the jedi to face and with the skywalker blood being so strong it's not likely you'd have as a good of a villian as Jacen could have been

14. LittleZion

LittleZion Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2006
    On Sue' blog >

Sue, do you know when we'll be able to see the cover for Invincible? I'm sure we're all looking forward to it!

Del Rey is working on it right now. We've seen a couple of concept pieces and have sent it back for further modifications. So it is coming along.

Sue, will Jaina be on the cover for Invincible (since we've already seen both Ben, Han, Jacen, Leia, Luke and Mara)?

Sue > Signs point to yes

:oops: OMG :oops: it's not Invincible but Impossible XD

15. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    If it's officially revealed, it ain't a spoiler. So, no tags, but if you don't want to be spoiled even by officially released material . . . stand back.

DP: Han Solo, pilot and firefighter? Does he get one of the hats?

Kyle Katarn on the DP? YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES GOD YES!

Koyan Sadras, Corellian PM? Yes, finally, Gejjen's replacement. Also note that Seyah, Syal, and Teppler are back.

CH. 1: Kashyyyk is still burning. It will not miraculously, newt-man-like, suddenly get better. I like.

Waroo is getting some love. No, not like that. Authorial love.

"We are going to wait until your piranha-beetle of a wife can see, and then we will shove our lightsaber through your heart. She can hold your corpse and cry. Won't that be nice?" I'm finally starting to like Alema.

That excerpt leaves off in the middle of an Alema attack, but her left arm appears to have been healed. I don't recall that from Inferno, so something new is up with her.

Ch. 2 first page is from the Inferno excerpt. Jacen getting a report.

Ch. 3 first page is Han post-Alema incident.

C. 4 first page: Octa Ramis gets authorial love. I am satisfied. Kyle is still around and kicking ass. Kam survived, shockingly. Kyp makes a horrible yet hilariously Allstonian pun.

Ch. 5 first page is a shuttle going to Hapes. No real information here.

Ch. 6 first page: there's been some kind of attack on the Hapan palace. Twenty bucks says Jacen grabbed his kid.

Ch. 7 first page: Waroo is still around. Excuse me while I cheer.

Ch. 8 first page: Yep, he got Allana. And we get her POV. Color me happy.

Ch. 9 first page: K-wing! Whoo! Attack on Commenor! Whoo!

Ch. 10 first page: Seha! Valin! Kyle! Some sort of Jedi Coruscant ambush or action!

Ch. 11 first page: Thann! Kolir! Allston, I love you! Kyle . . . stabbed in the chest! IMPOSSIBLE! . . . unless . . . oh, he's lulling Jacen into a false sense of security. That sneaky, bloodthirsty bastard.

Ch. 12 first page is just description of Kashyyyk. Nothing going on.

Ch. 13 first page: Jacen has Allana and is keeping her always with him. Tenel Ka has withdrawn all her Hapan forces and basically clammed up . . . she could even be dead.

Ch. 14 first page: Corellian PM Koyan wants to defect. Tralusian and a Centerpoint Party member.

Ch. 15 first page: Leia has been captured. Niiiiiice. Also, Jacen's now to the point where he pretty much doesn't give a damn about his parents. He wants to discomfit her with his appearance, to punish her. Yeah, the dark side's been working on him. Oh yeah.

Ch. 16 first page: Jag working with Han. I smell a rescue attempt.

Ch. 17 first page: Leia has somehow scared Jacen's ass off. He's abandoning ship.

Ch. 18 first page: Alema pops out of nowhere; apparently Alema was indeed somehow completely healed. There be funky crap going on down here.

Ch. 19 first page: Luke's on Jacen's tail. Dogfighting against Luke? Jacen doesn't have a chance.

Ch. 20 first page: Some kinda sabotage or something on Centerpoint station. Delpin shows up, which is nice.

Ch. 21 first page: Some Sort Of Viper eats Luke.

For just being the first pages of all the first twenty chapters . . . these are surprisingly effective teasers.

16. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    Your so evil....I want the book NOW

17. Corusca_One

Corusca_One Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Also according to the search function on randomhouse there will be a revelation excerpt in case anyone didn't already know.

Major spoiler from the search function: (seriously don't read it if you like to stay unspoiled) [last chance] By the end of the book pretty much everyone seems to think Alema is dead. There is a mention that Jaina thinks Jag died with her.

18. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Hahaha. Good one, DR. The hand of Imperial destiny cannot be thus stayed.

19. StaryKnight

Nov 12, 2006
    Oh snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is he dead?

20. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, it didn't seem to stop Bib . . .

21. StaryKnight

Nov 12, 2006
    Whats Bib mean? Anyway, I was just being overlly dramatic. If its just on the first page then I'm sure it at least goes into detail about him fighting his way(hopefully) out of its gullet. I mean he's the freakin Grand Master. But if you don't want to go into any of that, can you tell me what Allana's thoughts about her daddy are on the first page of the chapter he kidnaps her in? Thats is, if it has any?

22. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
  23. StaryKnight

Nov 12, 2006
    Oh, okay. Can you answer my second question?

24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    He's kidding, there's no chapter twenty-ONE excerpt. :p

go to the FURY thread for more, the Allana answer is there

25. StaryKnight

Nov 12, 2006
    I keep clicking on the cover image but nothing happens. By the way, very funny Havac.[face_not_talking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.