The Official Legacy of the Force Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by russelguppy, Apr 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyptastic VIP

star 5
    You've got to be using firefox - it doesn't work with IE
  2. StaryKnight Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, well I don't think I have firefox. Can somebody give me a highlighted summery please.
  3. Nobody145 Force Ghost

star 4
    Actually, yes, it does work with IE. I used IE to look through it but gave up after a while (I don't have the patience to read through the book snippet by snippet). Maybe your Flash isn't new enough? Or maybe pop-ups and/or Flash are disabled on your IE.

And do you mean summary of the official preview, or summary of all the information that people have found by searching through whatever parts of the book are online but aren't normally viewable?
  4. StaryKnight Jedi Master

star 4
    ^^The second thing you said.
  5. StaryKnight Jedi Master

star 4
    Well? Anyone? Anyone have a summery or two?
  6. Ackbar_Van_Gungan Jedi Master

star 4
    Go to the last few pages of the Official Fury Discussion Thread. There in you will find your answers.

-The Rebel Gungan
  7. LittleZion Jedi Knight

star 1

Excuse me but I used tags because I don't want somebody who don't want to be spoil, scream on me. I remember a big warning about Inferno 's spoiler so I prefer to be careful.
    I love spoil otherwise, i shouldn't be on this boards. So keep your "stand back" for another person please. ;)
  8. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    Well, looks like Jaina finally got her own LOTF cover. :)
    http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jspa?threadID=222689&start=5640
    http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Contracts_and_Covers_and_Ewoks_Oh_My_109979.asp

I wonder how it will look like...
  9. MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Master

star 4
    Does anyone else here think that the tassel prophecy isn't necessarily about Jacen at all? ("A prophecy, that misread could have been..." or somesuch.) Who's to say it's not about, say, Ben? (I actually think the prophecy might be worth a thread of it's own, but I didn't know if it had already come up elsewhere.)

I'm too lazy to type the prophecy out at the moment, but does anyone have any thoughts as to who else could potentially qualify for it?
  10. Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus

star 6
    WotC is releasing a Legacy of the Force miniatures set some time next year. Here's an early image of a booster pack box. That's Luke there, of course, but what is he wearing and why does he have Anakin's saber again? It almost looks like he's wearing one of those commando suits from Rebellion. [face_thinking]

Since it looks like Sia, Cade, and Wolf are pictured on the side of the box, I assume we'll be getting minis from both Legacy and LotF, plus some other eras thrown in (as WotC is wont to do.) Hopefully, we'll get some good depictions of characters that have so far remained unpictured---Cal Omas, I'm looking for you. Perhaps we may even get a Legacy-era sourcebook someday...
  11. Kaje Jedi Master

star 4
    Luke is wearing the Rebel strike team uniform from the first arc of the Rebellion comic series. That'd also be why he has the old lightsaber and looks so young.
  12. Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah, that's my guess, but I was wondering if I missed a scene in LotF where Luke took up his dead wife's lightsaber and went black-clad. I suppose out of place Lukes aren't entirely unprecedented, though. :p

13. Kaje Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I think WOTC thinks we won't know it's Star Wars unless theres a movie-era Luke on the cover.
  14. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    Praise the Lord! [face_dancing]

My wish list would be Cal Omas, Admiral Niathal, Admiral Stazi, Kol Skywalker, and just about characters who we need a picture for. :p

--Adm. Nick
  15. Havac Former Moderator

star 7
    I. Demand. Omas. He runs the galaxy for as long as Leia . . . and we don't have a single picture of him.:mad:
  16. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Force Ghost

star 5
    He has to be falling down upon Ben's saber. Or, in a needlessly dramatic pose, like his predecessor.

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/4/40/Borsk_negtc.jpg/433px-Borsk_negtc.jpg]
  17. Excellence Jedi Grand Master

star 7

You . . . guys are crazy. Jaina appearing on a book cover sends you all into Michael Jackson's happy ranch. Who are you? :confused:
  18. kyp_durron_fan_2009 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Are spoilers allowed in here?
  19. Rouge77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If you mean Fury spoilers, I doubt the mods allow even blackened out spoilers yet in this thread. You have to post in the Fury spoilers threads.

But if you have something about future books, then blacking out the spoilers should be enough.
  20. Kol_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Is it just me, or does anyone else think that there is too much to tie up in one final book [Invincible]?

Surely there is going to be at least another trilogy after this to deal with the aftermath (ie: what Dark Nest was to NJO).
  21. Jedi_Hall Jedi Master

star 1
    Eh, that would make too much sense. As Revelation spoilers have pointed out, making sense is something that this series as given up on.
  22. Kemikal Jedi Padawan

Wow....I was reading the first official Dark Nest discussion thread(link in the first post of this thread)...and people were calling Lumiya (the 3rd post I think) back in '03 before DN was even released....pretty good haha.
  23. aesium Force Ghost

star 2
    I forget, but has Boba found the clone he's been looking for? What is the clone's name again?
  24. Rouge77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Jaing Skirata. Fett did find him.
  25. Jedi_Earnhardt Jedi Master

star 2
    Sue posted over at SW.com that Invincible is only 299 pages.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.