main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Legacy of the Force: Exile Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Rogue_Follower, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    He and Phennir are good friends again and will teach those silly Rebels what's what. :D

I just finished the book, and I was terribly pleased to see Phennir play the fascist Jedi twerp for a fool.

2. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Jello are you supporting the Conferation? For some reason I figured you supporting the GA. Afterall, you do love Coruscant above all others. :p

--Adm. Nick

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I don't support anyone, actually. I do support Coruscant, but that's an aside--Coruscant is still under Rebel occupation.

I support the following parties: The Antilles family, good ol ex Imperials like Rogriss and Phennir (Pelly excluded since he's a bad ol), and a few others.

I greatly dislike Jacen Solo, so even though I don't care for the Confederacy, seeing old school Palpatinists smack him down was nice.

As for you--did it grate on you to see Niathal using Ackbar's ship and stealing his lines? She's not fit to wear his flippers, IMO.

4. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    Wait, Jello...supporting Antilles, he who helped toast two Death Stars? :eek:

I'm feeling faint.

:p

5. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I found that just a tad odd myself.

6. QuiGon-Z

QuiGon-Z Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2003
    I like Jacen but now he's going evil I wouldn't be too upset if he died.
    But he's not going to.

I dislike Admiral Niathal. She's reminding me of Pwoe about now. Arrogant fish who's extremely harsh on everyone. Except no one listened to Pwoe, Jacen, sadly enough, gives his ear to Niathal.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Not at all. Remember what Rogriss thought of him?

War hero, nigh-mythical legendary pilot, man of principles, and a non-politician? Why not? He may be a dirty Rebel--but remember, the Romans respected Hannibal and the Allies respected Rommel.

Plus, his children are adorable. :p

8. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Jello, when I saw damned Niathal using the Galactic Voyager, it made me dislike the character even more. Basically we have a poltically ambitious officer with nominal tactical skills using the flagship of the most celebrated military mind in the Rebellion and New Republic.

I loved Luke's pondering about her choice. I am with old farmboy. Using Ackbar's flagship and "favorite ship in the fleet" (source: Darksaber) was nothing more than a ploy to boost her own image by comparing herself to a Supreme Commander with two decades of service at the top.

Damned ambitous fish! She makes Ackbar turn in his grave. Thank the Force we have officers like Bwua'tu who honor his memory as opposed to using it for gain.

--Adm. Nick

9. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    At least she didn't yell "It's a trap!"

But yeah, I hope no one falls for it. It's a dispicable and unworthy stunt. She's nothing like Ackbar.

On the bright side, we know that Galactic Voyager is indestructable so even her bungling can't destroy it. :p

10. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    The Galactic Voyager should held in the same high regard as the Freaking Sweet Hat and Shoulder Pad.

The damned thing is 1255 meters long and it took on a SSD and twenty VicStars.

The Invincible Voyager!

--Adm. Nick

11. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah. And all the whole time, the shields were failing but never managed to actually fall. :p

12. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Myri = [face_love]

13. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Syal > Myri, ftr.

14. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Until we get visual representation of them at the proper age . . . Myri sounds cuter. It's all in the personality. :p

15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Precisely, and Myri sounds like a troublesome teen. :p

16. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    I'm standing by "cute".

Count on you to like the buckled-down one, though. :p

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
  18. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Syal seems less outgoing and more subdued than Myri. More . . . Imperial.

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Gentlemen, you can't fight in here... this is the WAR Room!

I'l just take 'em both!

20. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    NOOOOOOOOOOO!

21. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/f/f6/Erisi_Dlarit.jpg

Ms. Dlarit would like to remind everyone to wait for the art before crushing on a character.

22. Lightsaber_101

Lightsaber_101 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2005
    ok. i've been reading some of the spoilers, i havent gotten around to reading the book yet. but can you guys answer some questions so i dont have to read the 20+ pages i have left?

1) what makes some of you say vergere is still alive
    2) is jagged really a clone? can you elaborate on this?
    3)Luke and lumiya meet...and make a handshake? and what was lumiyas story of how she lived through the previous book?
    4) who does jacen "get owned" by?

23. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    1) Jacen hears something he characterizes as "Vergere's voice" speaking to him, but it's fairly clear that Jacen is engaging in dialogue with himself. It's more likely to be Lumiya screwing with him than Vergere.

2) No. Just a fan joke about inconsistent names and numbers of Fel children.

3) Lumiya doesn't tell a story. She just disarmed the bomb and crawled away. No huge deal. As for the handshake, Luke and Lumiya are fighting, and then Lumiya switches her weapon off and does the whole "I don't want to hurt you" thing. She tells Luke to take her hand. Luke doesn't believe her, but can't feel a lie in the Force, so he very tentatively reaches out and brushes her hand -- and then a trap goes off.

4)Turr Phennir, the Confederacy supreme commander. He ambushes Jacen's forces, though Jacen does well and actually fights his way out just fine.

24. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Havac: Actually, the bomb went off, but she just unstrapped it and crawled away. In Tempest, Luke and Mara mention the explosion, as does Alema.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.