main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Legacy of the Force: Fury Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Rogue_Follower, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Was Dorsk 80 Force-sensitive at all?

2. r2d2istheman

r2d2istheman Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2005
    No, Dork 1-80 were all non-force-sensitive. Remember, this was a big deal because nothing had changed for their civilization for 80 generations (clone generations / however long those are)because they thought everything was fine the way it is. Then, suddenly, whamo, one of the clones comes out force-sensitive and is recruited by Luke Skywalker to join the Jedi, effectively leaving a gap in the Dorsk-line of clones. This made it all the more difficult on Dorsk 81 and his successor 82, because they effectively left their society and civilization hanging by deciding to be a jedi instead of whatever it was they were intended to be on their world.

3. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    The implication is that Dorsks 1 through 80 were all Force sensitive as well; it just wasn't picked up on until Lukie dropped by.

4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I'm not saying it's canon or anything, but this is Wookiepedia's version:

Viewing Force sensitivity as an undesirable fluke, the Khommites endeavored to remove the trait from their species. Despite this fact the trait would occasionally surface, as in the case of Dorsk 81, a Khommite Jedi Knight.

5. quad_gun_jinn

quad_gun_jinn Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Dorsk 82 wasnt really the offspring of Dorsk81 though. It was just another clone. I dont think there have been any Force sensitive clones that had actual children. There is Darman, whos child probably would be force sensitive but that was from Etain's side not his.

6. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Why would we have any reason to suspect clones, who are exact copies of their templates, wouldn't pass on Force-sensitivity the way their templates would?

7. Owners-Inc

Owners-Inc Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2007
    I always thought the implication was that Dorsk 1-80 were all non-Force sensitive which was why Dorsk 81 was considered a freak.

8. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    That was always my feeling as well, but then it doesn't explain why 82 and 83 were also Force Sensitive, unless they get the genetic material for the next clone from the predecessor, and not a master source.

9. BaneOfTheSith

BaneOfTheSith Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2007
    mark my words folks - this is the beginning of Ben's descent into darkness.

i think this novel is going to revolve a lot around Ben and his emotional turmoil over the death of his mother. he's going to be piecing together the puzzle, and i believe at the end of the book he will without a doubt know the identity of her true killer. in this book, i believe he will reclaim the Sith war vessel that Lumiya had taken back to her asteroid. it's going to become Ben's "pet". this is one of the ways we will see Benn start to fulfill the Sith prophecy.

the plot to kill Jacen unfolding in deep space is Fett. i don't know if he's actually going to put the plan into action in this novel though - i think it might be in Revelation or Invincible that he makes his move. one thing's for sure; when Fett does come, he's bringing the house. in fact, don't be too surprised if he's the one who actually kills Jacen. i believe that will actually be Ben, and will be his final decent towards the Dark Side, but one never knows.

10. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Don't expect anything about Fett in Fury... I'd hate to see you get your hopes up. Right now, I'm wondering how it will make sense for Fett to get to the carbon-freezing chamber at the beginning of Revelation, what with all the time that passed in the two books before it...[face_thinking]

Hey, Dorsk 83 should be in Fury!

11. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Cool. How about this? How about an ending similiar to KOTOR's dark ending. Ben is Revan, Tahiri is Bastila, Caedus is Malak, and Fett is Canderous. While they're having an epic showdown, Luke and the Jedi will be roaming around the galaxy hunting down Alema and any other person who didn't kill Mara and have nothing to do with what's going on.

12. Owners-Inc

Owners-Inc Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2007
    I don't think that Ben will go dark in this novel. It would seem kinda strange for every other generation of skywalkers to become dark Jedi. I don't mean that Ben will become a total good boy, but any 'darkness' that appears in him will probably just be temporary. Luke will probably remain inactive in this book and come back with a vengance in Revelations. This book will probably focus mainly on Ben, his opinion of his father and his actions, Jacen and his actions and on his mourning Mara's death which hasn't had time to do properly.

It will IMO also revolve around him solving the 'mystery' of who killed Mara on his own. While Jaina, Jag and Zekk go hunting for Alema, Ben will tell everyone that they don't what they're doing, and go off looking for hard evidence incriminting Jacen.

Just a thought; it would be pretty dumb if Ben just finds a security tape showing Jacen killing Mara.[face_laugh]

But on a more serious note, it would be very, very intersting if Ben has a chat with Jacen's security droid. I forgot its name but it knows. It knows a LOT. In fact, it would make a perfect ending scene for Fury: Ben goes searching for Jacen (who won't be there cuz he's gone off to go 'save' Allana/ kill Tenel Ka), but instead finds the droid (which Jacen left behind for some reason) and hacks in and finds out stuff that constitute Revelations.

13. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    More whining, moping and inaction by Luke because he finally relieved the galaxy from Lumiya; more borderline Dark Side actions by the little vermin Ben who can't open his mouth and tell what he knows nor he seems to be able to remember in one book what he found out or decided in the book before it; and another annoying, fruitless "hunt" for Alema. Oh, and I guess Jacen will be portrayed to be even more stereotypical Dark Side villain with nothing special in him that would make him more than a cheap copy of Palpatine etc.[face_worried][face_tired]:(

14. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    Well, right now he kind of acts more like Darth Malak. If he was like Palpatine he'd be laughing a lot.

15. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    There's three more books still, it's inevitable that he will eventually be laughing madly at some point. It's his destiny. Sadly.

16. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    As Kypt said, the Force sensitivity of Dorsks 82 and 83 strongly suggests that the entire line is Force sensitive.

17. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Yo, did you even read Inferno? Luke was on fiyah.

18. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    I don't think he'll laugh. If anything he'll just become a little eccentric. Not all Sith laugh. I know he will smile when he kills someone or when he blows a planet up. But I'm not sure if he will laugh.

19. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    The threat from deep in space couldn't be the Sith on Korriban?

That is how I took it.

20. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    Yes, but according to Fury summary he is unable to act because of grief and guilt that he feels because he killed Lumiya.

21. _Erasmus_

_Erasmus_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 2, 2007
    Mood swings, upset stomach, diarrhea.

Let's take Luke to Dr. House, he'll solve the problem, one way or another.

22. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Because of course, no book cover summary has ever been off at all on anything about the book before. *cough*ENTIRE DN TRILOGY*cough

- Keralys

23. r2d2istheman

r2d2istheman Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2005
    It will be really weak if they put Luke in a helpless state because of this whole Lumiya business. Earth to Luke: She had terrorized the galaxy promoting Sithly ways for more than twenty years. Get over it! Gosh, this is like Mace Windu moping over killing karking Dooku or something. I really hope it doesn't go down that way. It mustn't if they have any chance of preserving Luke's place as the most bad@&$ of the Jedi.

24. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    Luke is a little whimpy right now. He's about to be responsible for the destruction of several planets. Tenel Ka is going to be dead because he didn't let Ben kill Caedus. Allana could end up dead too.

There really is no bada** Jedi in this series because it is clearly an anti Jedi series. The only bada** that opposes Caedus is Ben. But if Ben hangs around Luke and the dumba** knights he'll become just as stupid.

25. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I'm sure he'll act even if he is a bit hesitant. Some people here sound like they expect him to curl into a fetal position and spend the whole book crying over Lumiya's death.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.