main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Legacy of the Force: Fury Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Rogue_Follower, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Darth Skywalker or Darth Starkiller actually sound pretty cool.

2. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    [image=http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/adc/10204247A~Darth-Vader-Posters.jpg].

3. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    I hope Ben hurries up and redeems his future bride Tahiri. I mean, it's sad that this girl is becoming a depressed time warp addict.

4. Qui-Gon3590

Qui-Gon3590 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    The other species were Quarrens and YES! You are 100% right. I saw that as well.

They say that history repeats itself and between the anti-alien sentiments displayed here and the force choking death Jacen used, he is heading right down the path of Vader.

5. GoA

GoA Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2007
    I hope you're joking. Tahiri's twice his age.

Not to mention, Tahiri's the most annoying, useless character in the Star Wars EU now. Heck, if she was made into a film character, she'd rival Jar Jar Binks.

Meesa hopes Tahiri gonna die.

6. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    Skywalker men have methods on pleasing older women;)[face_mischief] . Which is why I envy Skywalkers.

7. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I think these Sith just consider Darth Vader to have been one of the greatest Sith of all time and that his children are huge failures compared to him in that they're good guys. Which seems kind of odd, as Vader actually turned away from the darkside and killed Palpatine, gaining some redempetion for his soul and saving his son at the cost of his own life. But meh, Sith aren't exactly sane or impartial people, so anything goes.

And while I hate most of Traviss' books, considering the plot line of Jaina seeking Boba's help/training was already begun in Fury, I'd probably just pin the blame on the LotF planning committee. Especially as the final climatic duel of LotF looks like it'll be a Jaina vs. Caedus duel, so that Mando training will probably play a big role so it isn't just a random Mando-obsessed deviation, unlike half of Sacrifice. Though I am not looking forward to the next LotF book, I'm just glad that its her last one. Though I'm kind of scared that Jaina will get one of those new "everything but the kitchen sink" Mando fighters and singlehandedly attack Caedus' flagship and win, where all the Jedi StealthXs have failed. She has some skills, even though I felt Bloodlines was way too much like a rehash of her last RC book (which at the time was Triple Zero), but I just find her books very boring. I don't mind non-movie characters, its just personal opinion that I don't find them interesting.

My preferred Caedus death, hm....- Caedus standing on the bridge of the Anakin Solo, the shields get knocked down, he orders them to intensify the forward battery, then something unexpected and very random happens- a ship comes hurling through the viewport (the Falcon, a StealthX, heck, even a Mando fighter, doesn't really matter) and then the Star Destroyer blows up, killing Caedus. If its a Jedi kill, like if Luke or Jaina were flying, they might even be able to eject before their fighter rams into the bridge.

Anyway, destroying Star Destroyers isn't that hard. A couple dozen shadow bombs, even with anti-missile fire, can still do a ton of damage to a Star Destroyer (considering the plan at the Battle of Kuat was for the Jedi stealth force to take out the Bothan core which would cause the Confederation forces to collapse).

8. T-boy-wan

T-boy-wan Jedi Master star 3

Jun 6, 2006
    I'm re-reading Bloodlines for no reason and I have to say Traviss can definitely write! her books are easy to get into its just her content i often disagree with. Mandos were ok in Bloodlines because Fett contributed to the main storyline in some way. I enjoyed reading them in Sacrifice too, but I could feel that it had nothing to do with the main storyline whatsoever. Hopefully it was a build up for Revelation when they do contribute.

9. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I've decided that they just don't know about it. Or refuse to believe it. Or believe that Vader was tricked by Luke... or something.

People thinking that Vader is one of the greatest Sith ever, however = Win.

Heh, why? You can bet it was Traviss who pushed for it. Aaron's just making it seem less jarring by having the seeds planted in his own book for a change.

I've got pretty mixed feelings about the whole thing. We'll just have to see how it plays out.

I quite like the way she writes. I just don't always like what she writes.

I was actually quite partial to the Mandalorian stuff in Sacrifice... it just felt out of place. I kinda wish that they'd actually got basilisk war droids back too, rather than a starfighter named after them. [face_mischief]

10. Trepidation

Trepidation Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2005
    Personally, I think Traviss was a poor fit to the series. Stackpole or Zahn would have been a better fit (in my opinion) if for no other reason than continuity of characters. However, my major gripe is how she portrayed Han Solo in Bloodlines. It was almost as if she was going out of her way to make Han appear as a buffoon when in the presence of Fett. She doesn?t seem to possess the same ability to transfer humor and wit to the pages as Allston and Denning. Allston and Denning are certainly not interchangeable, but Traviss is extremely dissimilar in style, character development (or lack thereof), and perception of the characters that we all seem to know much better than she. The dialogue, actions, and even her annoying first person thoughts (a technique that I find tedious and lazy due to an inability to transfer the story in a conventional way) were so inconsistent with the other two authors that it was cringe worthy.

To me, Bloodlines seemed like it belonged in some other series. I was left shrugging to myself wondering what that was all about.

Perhaps I was not the only one who noticed, because in Sacrifice Han was conspicuously absent from the story. I wonder if her first draft lost a number of pages in the editing process for that very reason.

11. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Almost?o_O I would say that really was the intention.[face_plain]

12. RiggsWolfe

RiggsWolfe Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 3, 2002
    I like her writing for the most part, but yeah, she does tend to knock other characters down to make Fett look better. Still, I'm not at all bothered by Jaina getting Mando training because it finally explains why the Mandos have been here in the first place. And honestly, teaching her dirty tricks to fight Jacen actually seems smart to me.

13. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    But how exactly can learning to fight dirty help her if she goes to learn from Fett because Jacen has this knowledge of numerous different Force traditions? How can simply learning how to be fight nasty and cheat in an effort to win help against those Force techniques that Jacen knows and she doesn't?:confused:

I guess the reason being OU, that Jacen won't actually use any of these Force techniques - not even Sith - he supposedly knows and she doesn't, against her in their coming duel.[face_worried]

14. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    Well so far we really haven't seen Jacen use any sith tech. other then the dissappointing Battle Meditation which isn't anything close to palpatines. We haven't seen him use sith lightning, deadly sight or anything of the like. Although he won't be expecting Jaina to use any tricks...it's not her.

15. _Erasmus_

_Erasmus_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 2, 2007
    When the IWOD cheats, she'll use her Imperial Knights.

Watch for the Zeke/Jag vs Caedus fight.

;)

16. NewStaryknight

NewStaryknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2007
    Were they planning on attacking them or something?

17. NelanisGhost

NelanisGhost Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    Why? Vader fulfilled his destiny as Sith (and ironically, a Jedi). He killed his master. That is the only path to Sith ascension, isn't it?

18. Darth_Sabith

Oct 17, 2006
    Actually she did attack them in the book

19. NewStaryknight

Dec 8, 2007
    ^^Oh, yeah. How'd that turn out again?

20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Does anyone think it's possible the resurgent Empire seen in the LEGACY comics is actually the Confederation, that became so dominated by its Imperial faction that the whole thing just absorbed into it (as part of the peaceful Imperial Mission), making the Imperials no longer a remnant? They already have a former Imperial as their military commander, Pellaeon was in BETRAYAL, Jag has to join the Imperials sometime, and someone above said FURY mentions Bastion leaning towards the Confederation now...

That would be a cool and unexpected twist! Even if it isn't true, and Jacen soon crushed the Confederation into surrender like I already speculated, I'm betting the former-Confederation worlds are the ones LEGACY alluded to in saying some GA worlds stayed neutral or backed the Empire in the Sith-Imperial War.

21. Darth_Sabith

Oct 17, 2006
    Well the sith doing the attack left when they decieded to blow up the astroid.

22. NewStaryknight

Dec 8, 2007
  23. Darth_Sabith

Oct 17, 2006
    I was really dissapointed that the holocron was only a worthly tracking device for the one sith.

24. NelanisGhost

NelanisGhost Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    What really would be a wonderful end for Jacen is for Luke to go back to Harrar and get a dovin basal to bring Jacen down. It would be a total reversal for the Vong to kill Jacen to save the galaxy from his domination.

25. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    That's what I find strange. Jag's tricks worked on Jaina, but I don't see why they would work on someone who would be more than willing to use the Force to kill him.

Edit:eek:f course, it wouldn't be the first time a Sith Lord didn't use some of his more potent powers on someone with Mandalorian training. I would love if this was all a red herring and Boba refuses to train her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.