main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Legacy of the Force: Fury Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Rogue_Follower, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Would be a nice surprise, but I think Boba Fett will be flattered and the temptation will be too big - it will also be one more chance to inflict suffering on the Solos - Jaina killing her brother - and revenge on the death of her daughter. I don't think Fett can resist that combination.

2. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    So yeah....looks like that twin duel that Shimrra was all obsessed about is going to happen after all.

By the way, did anybody chuckle when Jacen reveals his true identity to Allana? =D

3. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Oh, I think you're right, but I'd rather it not be that straight-forward.

Oh, I loved that scene.

4. Master-Chief-Kenobi

Master-Chief-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2007
    I think it would be truely fitting & poetic to serve as a reminder of what hes beome & how far hes fallen for Jaina to enter into her battle with Jacen by resuming her role as the trickster goddess bit she did in Dark Journey & go into battle either wearing VOng crab armour or say duel wielding Ampstaffs & thudbugs.

5. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I so wish it would end up like that, with Jaina going to Boba and asking for training, and he'd go "nah". On the other hand, at least if Boba trains Jaina to help her get ready to take on Caedus, at least it'll mean the Mandalorian subplot is relevant to the main LotF again. I loved Han's analysis of Boba's gift when he received them in Fury, that its part mocking joke and part "good luck with killing Jacen", whereas when Boba sent them, it just looked like Boba got the last laugh on the Solo family. But yeah, Boba will probably train Jaina in one way or another, to get back at the Solos again, as it doesn't get much worse than training one twin to kill the other.

Luke is probably capable of defeating Caedus, but considering how LotF is going, he'll probably be occupied with some other crisis or taken out earlier, just like how Luke defeated Shimrra but was too wounded to continue, and then Jacen got the final battle of the NJO. Just too bad they couldn't have let that battle be Jacen's high point. Wait, it probably still is Jacen at his greatest, just too bad he's fallen so, so far since then.

I kinda wish someone could've stuck a bomb on Caedus though. They managed to stick a homing patch on his cape without noticing, and Alema didn't sense Jag's blaster was going to blow up until it was far too late. But that would be far too easy, and would probably trigger a danger sense too. Actually, I kind of wish the Jedi would get on with gathering evidence and more support. As mentioned in Fury, Luke's sorta setting up a third galactic power/government, but Luke doesn't want to overthrow the GA, he just wants his nephew out of office. Jacen became Chief of State legally, but as Leia said, you're not supposed to become Chief without elections. In theory he's only temporary chief, but its pretty obvious he's not going to let go of his political power willingly. And so far Niathal doesn't seem willing to oppose Caedus openly. Oh well, Caedus death will hopefully solve a lot of problems. With Alema dead, and the One Sith not likely to help him, he's not going to last too long by himself. Its only a matter of Luke being able to kill him without falling himself, though Jaina hopefully won't be as emotionally fragile by the end of this series as Luke is.

6. RiggsWolfe

RiggsWolfe Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 3, 2002
    In the same way it helped Jacen beat Mara. He didn't outduel her. He got her with a poison needle.

7. Darth_Sabith

Darth_Sabith Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2006
    Very true he only fought dirty because she forced him to.

8. FearlessJay317

FearlessJay317 Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2007
    Someone may have already addressed this, but I've searched back through the forum and didn't see it readily - plus, this is my first post, so be gentle...

Did I miss something, or has Ben only told his deceased mother that Jacen was in cahoots with Lumiya and plotting his (Ben's) death? And if so, why hasn't he told his father? If you read the preview for the next book, he's got another very opportune moment to share this info with others and sway them into believing Jacen killed Mara. Granted, the evidence is circumstantial, but it would open people's minds to the possiblity.

I can't understand everyone's insistance that Jacen couldn't have done it. Yes, they are his family, and don't want to believe he's capable of such an act. But even their inner monologues, instead of suggesting it has crossed any of their minds, seem to suggest the opposite.

Seriously, all Ben would have to say is, "Hey, Dad."
    "Yes, Ben."
    "I told Mom I overheard Jason talking to Lumiya."
    "Really?"
    "Yeah, they were plotting my death."
    "Well, you don't say?"
    "Yup, and you know what?"
    "What's that, son?"
    "I told Mom, and two days later she wound up dead."
    "Hmmmm..."
    "And Jacen showed up at the murder scene about 5 minutes after it happened."
    "Well, that's..."
    "And Alema Rar is an idiot who wasn't even in the same league as Mara Jade. Do you really think she could take Mom even on a bad day?"
    "It's stll pretty circum..."
    "He's killed thousands, if not millions, tortured hundreds, kidnapped his own daughter, and tried burning Kashykk to the ground."
    "Wasn't that last one your ide..."
    "That's not the point... Dad... he dresses like Darth Vader."
    "Your right, son. Let's go get him."
    *Jacen dies*
    *Ewoks dance*
    The End.

9. Darth_Sabith

Oct 17, 2006
    lalalalalala not listing Jacen can't die they need a good villian and granted his not that now but they could make him one

10. Emperor_Time

Emperor_Time Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2007
    But if that happen then the LOTF series would had ended at Sacrific which is only a five books series which does not make as much money as a nine book series. [face_shhh]

11. FearlessJay317

Dec 20, 2007
    How silly of me. Forget I mentioned it.

12. larame_kaine

larame_kaine Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2005
    "That's not the point... Dad... he dresses like Darth Vader."

I think that's the dead giveaway right there. =D
    [face_thinking]

13. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    "But... but he doesn't have those funny lights in his chest armour! And he rarely uses his helmet!"

14. NewStaryknight

NewStaryknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2007
    Luke seems fine now, but then again he doesn't know the extent of Jacens evil deeds yet.

15. FearlessJay317

Dec 20, 2007

"Maybe, but he's wearing a cape, Dad. A CAPE! You know only bad guys wear capes in the Star Wars... er, I mean, our universe. Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Count Dooku, General Grievous, Lando - who wore a little one making him a little bad, and now Jacen has a big black flowing one."

16. _Erasmus_

_Erasmus_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 2, 2007
    Oh no, Lando is real bad. But only when the ladies are looking. ;)

The lack of Lando in SW EU can be a mite depressing.

17. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Well Mara was fighting dirty to begin with, which is how she almost got the drop on Jacen.

18. Darth_Sabith

Oct 17, 2006
    Yes and she was trained to fight dirty so I don't see how learning from the Mandalorians will improve Jaina's odds much and I'm so tired of witnessing Jacen get his but stomped at the end of every book. At lest Vader had a few wins under his belt as a Sith.

19. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Yeah, it is kind of annoying. Though Fury didn't end on that note, so at least it was a little bit different. Unfortunately, this all links back to how Jacen simply isn't strong enough to be a major villain, nowhere near as formidable as Vader or Palpatine were, especially as Lumiya helped out a lot with his rise to power. Then again, Palpatine sent Vader out against random Jedi and Masters, and Caedus has killed at least one Knight so far. Fortunately, Luke's kept the NJO from getting slaughtered too badly, except for that one attack run on the Anakin Solo at the end of Inferno, but mainly he kept any singular Masters or Knights from getting killed by Caedus.

Though it might be kind of funny if Jaina began wearing a jetpack, and then someone, either Caedus during his duel with her, or Zekk or Jag or Han will hit the jetpack to show its flaws, then Jaina will fly off screaming. I'm just going by the movies, where jetpacks generally do not work out (Jango's blew up, I think, and Boba's launched him into the side of Jabba's barge). I wonder if Han will show up at all next book to object to Jaina's next choice for some tips. I hope he does, but... well, I'm not going to bother getting my hopes up.

20. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    How many kids did Jacen kill at Jedi Massacre 2.0?

21. NewStaryknight

Dec 8, 2007
    And I'm tired of DR killing off classic characters who should be more than able to take down a Sith wannabe like Jacen and killing off new characters before they have a chance to shine. And yet we can't have one without the other so no matter what alot of people are going to be dissapointed by all this.

22. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    I feel that Jacen's weakness as a Sith Lord is that he's too easily controlled by his emotions. Palpatine was able to internalize his anger and still be able to think rationally, but that's not true for Jacen. Even from the beginning of the series he uses his questionable actions as an outward expression of frustration rather than to cement his allegiance to the dark side, and ultimately that's what gets him into the situation he's in now.

23. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    He's young, and didn't get decades of training beneath a Sith Master.

I really hope this series ends up as: "Darth Caedus, the Origin", rather than, "Darth Caedus, the Beginning, Middle and End."

That would be a complete waste. "Woo, we turned Jacen evil, did nothing with him, then let him get killed off/redeemed". Sure, he sucks NOW, but so did Vaderkin... and I ended up [face_love]ing him. (Though the benefit there was that I saw the badass he would become long before I saw the whelp that he was)

24. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I'm amazed really.

What WOULD it take for Jacen to be a real Sith in people's minds?

25. NewStaryknight

Dec 8, 2007
    ^^Thats what I keep asking. And yet I never get a leginamate answer.

Can I ask something by the way? Did Allana stab Jacen with a viroblade before or after he told her he was her father?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.