The Official Legacy of the Force: Fury Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Rogue_Follower, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha-Red Force Ghost

star 5
    Wasn't Traitor mostly a discussion of whether the means justify the ends? In some instances they would, but in the case of LOTF Jacen is destroying things not to replace them with something better but simply to expand his own control over others, and it's become the self-cycling loop that Luke warned him about.

Not to mention that Jacen's actions are drawing more people to fight against him so that in the end he is generating the bloodshed he sought to avoid in the first place.
  2. Nobody145 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, Caedus is the biggest problem at the moment, which is why Luke and the NJO are so focused on taking him down at the moment. Caedus has no idea of compromising or negotiation. For instance, when he opens talks with the Corellian captain at that trap, his first sentence demands their complete and utter surrender. Compare that to Pellaeon's calm but still somewhat respectful negotiation with Saxan in Betrayal. True, it was pretty obvious that the whole "negotiation" was just a trap meant for Caedus, but still, one could at least try to act like its a real negotiation, on the off chance that these negotiations were in good faith. Even back in Exile, Jacen's stance is "surrender or die" so not much incentive to negotiate. Wedge was still trying for an "everybody shake hands and make up" approach before massive casualties began, but the Corellian leadership was too stubborn and ambitious to give up, and Jacen was too stupid to accept that kind of compromise. Not to mention that Caedus was so busy thinking how great he was, he never noticed that there was something wrong with the lack of background noise in the transmission and even after he found out, still didn't think it was too big of a problem.

The Confederation is a problem too, sure, but they're just normal politicians and military officers, so Luke can handle them well enough. With Teppler in charge in Corellia (for the moment...), maybe there can actually be a negotiated peace eventually. Caedus is a Force-strong madman, and that is in a whole different league than politicians.

Still not entirely sure what Vergere's teachings were meant to be, since at the moment, the canon seems to point towards Vergere's philosophy being a Sith variant, but most of the proof comes from Sith word of mouth, and of course that's completely reliable :rolleyes:.

Caedus seems more powerful now than Vader, but Caedus isn't as phsyically damaged as Vader was. But yeah, Vader went through a whole more over the years than Jacen ever did. The Yuuzhan Vong War was brutal, but Anakin's whole life was painful. Even his early Jedi Padawan years were painful in that he he was away from his beloved mother and only returned in time to see her die. And right now, Caedus can't see that the galaxy's biggest problem is himself. Too bad, otherwise it'd be funny if he thought "I'm a problem" then kills himself to solve the problem. Unfortunately, Sith are never that intelligent. Oh well, Sith usually go down in flames (metaphorically or literal in some cases) sooner or later. Let's just hope that Caedus doesn't drag the whole GA down with him, as there aren't any other politicians left. Well, Cal Omas was introduced suddenly, but we're past where NJO was when Omas was introduced, and Omas is already long dead, sadly.
  3. NewStaryknight Jedi Master

star 4
    Tell you one thing, it sure is a slow post day today. Guess that answers my Christmas shopping question.
  4. SuperWatto Manager Emeritus

star 5
    New Stary Knight? What happened to the old one??
  5. NewStaryknight Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]I am the old one. I had to change my user name because my e-mail address changed and I needed to be sent a new pass word because I forgot my old one. It felt right to do it anyway, I felt rejuvenated after Inferno and Fury came out. They basically assuaged my fears about Luke getting killed. And my hopes have picked up for the Solos to. Of course, with every worry I get rid of a new one pops in its place.
    I'm currently fretting over if Allana becomes Jacens Sith apprentice.
  6. Quinnocent-Till-Sith Force Ghost

star 3
    Here's to Alema Rar appearing in Invincible with her head flopping about. ;)
  7. NewStaryknight Jedi Master

star 4
    ^^I think he was talking about good guys getting killed.
  8. DarthEL Jedi Padawan

Hello everyone!

I'm rather new to these boards, in fact this here is my first post. So please be kind.

Anyhow, here I two things, well they are more theories that anything, that I've been kicking around, and I thought I just might get others opinion on it. I do apologize if this has been brought up before, but 85 pages is a lot to get through.

1.) I don't know if this was the authors intention but it seems to me that the whole of the Legacy of the Force series is Yoda's prediction on Dagobah coming to fruition. Where Luke by going to face Vader as only a half trained padawan, at best, has destroyed all for which they have fought and suffered. My support for this is well, the New Republic/Galatic Alliance is destroyed by Han and Leia's child who was trained by Luke. If Luke stayed on Dagobah, who knows what happens.

2.) I remenber reading that everyone is figuring on the voice that spole to Lumiya at Vectivus's place was either Vectivus ir Caedus Flow-Walking, but I have an interesting thought, maybe it was Vader. Yes Vader, and I know that Anakin was redeemed we even see him at the end of Jedi. After having seen the movies and read the books, Vader and Anakin were two completley different personalities in the same boday, at least in my unprofessional opinion. Anakin/Vader embody both the very best and worst of the force. Could it not be possible that while Anakin became one with the light of the force, that Vader still exists waiting and plotting his revenge against the Skywalkers and Luke's New Jedi Order. Plus, Lumiya was Vader's apprentice, and who else would she listen to.

well that's my two cents, thank you for your time and my the force be with you.
  9. GoA Jedi Knight

star 2
    That sounds incredibly implausible, especially considering it was Vader, not Anakin (remember the whole Obi-Wan speech about how he's more machine than man now?) that turned on the Emperor to save Luke.

But, hey, this is a universe that's brought us Jar Jar Binks, ewoks, a 3-book series dealing with bugs, Starship Troopers-style, and that blob creature (waru?). So nothing's out of the realm of possibility.
  10. SuperWatto Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Hey DarthEL.

Your first words are the most important ones: I'll tell you one thing: I'm sure the author of the movie you refer to didn't intend it, in fact, he probably intended quite the opposite - which he must have confirmed dozens of times in interviews I'm too lazy to look up. Don't know about the intentions of the LotF authors, though.
  11. jacenskylo Jedi Knight

star 1
    So since Alema can manipulate and create force phantoms, this make her The Phantom Menace? :oops:

Sorry I couldn't resist
  12. DVCPRO-HDeditor Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow.

That actually makes a lot of sense. :eek:

Maybe Luke will have a personal revelation along those lines in the next couple of novels.

I think it's almost funny (but funny uh-oh, not funny ha-ha) how the Jedi taking their StealthXs to attack the Anakin Solo is what led Caedus out of the blast radius of the Centerpoint attack. Yes, the Solo-Fel infiltration of the Anakin Solo got Caedus off his ship, but then Luke led him further away, and as a result, the Sith Lord remains alive.

I'm starting to think that it's the will of the Force. [face_thinking]
  13. killfire Force Ghost

star 4

Yes. and Jagged Fel killing Alema is the Attack of the Clone O:)

Sorry, couldn't resist either.
  14. Earthknight Jedi Master

star 4
    Or just a very silly and convenient way to have the bad guy get away and the heroes look really stupid.
  15. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4

That is extremely funny...Thanks for the laugh both of you. [face_laugh] :p

FL @};-
  16. FearlessJay317 Jedi Padawan

What? No one posted a "Happy Life-Day!" note yesterday?

I know the trees on Kashyyk are burning, but let us not forget why Wookie's dance.

o<:)>

17. Rouge77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's because the hot ash and cinders from the fires makes their feet burn.[face_whistling]
  18. leia7 Jedi Knight

star 1

At the same time, the talk with Jag showed that it wasn't all about fighting dirty but also about acting like a good jedi who knows some sneaky tricks and doesn't throw people into trees when they win at a practice match.

There is an answer to the different force techniques. One is that they have been inflated to make Jacen into a fake-Superman when he is not.
    Those techniques don't seem to be doing him any good. He feels the presence of the "harass" group during the last battle but dismisses them and can't tell when the Jedi stuck a tracking device on them.

Even if the force techniques are powerful (answer two), Jacen himself has a weak area.
    Since Jacen can't seem to deal with anything unexpected, it seems that Mandalorian training might work - especially if it teaches you how to counter other tricks like poison needles or force illusions - since that also got Mara.
  19. Furyan_Jedi_13 Jedi Master

star 3
    Hey, just thought I'd bring something up. Charlemagne wrote this a few weeks back:

I hope the last line of the book is something like this...

"And Jacen screamed hatred and obscenity at his sister, his Uncle, his traitorous lover, and his child. He vowed to destroy them and call down darkness. The fact that he was dead made no difference to him as he was surrounded by the visions of the horrors he'd bring down upon them. These imagined tortures filled his mind and they would be his only comfort."

"Forever."

That's what this author would write Jacen's end as.

And I have to agree with it! It just highlights where Jacen's destiny lies within the Force, and how far he really has fallen. It's ominous, and it reminds me to the quote from The Mummy, where Imhotep says: "Death is only the beginning".

Creepy.

Oh, and for the record, I hope Jaina does not create the Imperial Knights because it just doesn't seem her style. And although the hardcore shippers would argue otherwise, I really only got a "just friends" vibe between her and Jag in Fury.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.