main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Legacy of the Force: Inferno Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    No, but do you want to make a wager that at the end of the current arc we have been given other, now unknown reasons for why Hett is Krayt? [face_thinking] Good reason(s) why he, and nobody else, is Krayt?:confused:

I hope that there is some still hidden good reason[face_praying] , but I don´t expect it. On the contrary, I'm afraid that we will be shown that what made Hett Darth Krayt could have happened to any Jedi and that the only reasons to make Hett Darth Krayt was to create a connection to Republic, have that fight with Obi-wan and use the fact that Hett is Krayt to bring another Republic character connected to him to the side of the Jedi in the form of K'Kruhk.[face_tired]

Based on what we have seen so far, they could have as well made Asajj Ventress the big bad Sith Lord and have Hett appear on the side of the Jedi.8-} It all seems so arbitrary.[face_worried]

2. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    I also don't see the problem if Hett falls to the Sith in a way that any Jedi could fall. (We may yet learn how Hett formed the New Korriban Sith.) After this arc why would we not? This comic is far from over.
    Hett was a warlord on Tatooine. Jedi's aren't supposed to conquer towns and cities especially if it is literally for personal gain or vengeance. If Ventress or Quinlin Vos were Krayt then I would be put off. Hett was a good idea IMO. Jon picked the perfect Clone Wars Jedi for the job of Krayt. One that we know of well but was not followed closely in Republic comics.

That sounds kinda boring. Does it really feel arbitrary, though? I'm going to wait until this arc is over to make such judgments. I've found Legacy a well written comic. Well thought out. Jon writes good stories. This has proved more than any writer DHC has on staff. I trust that Hett being Sith or even posing as a Sith Lord will all be explained. And I do think he may be posing to an extent.

As for Ventress, I'm sure we'll see her in Dark Times at some point if they ever get passed the fifth issue.

3. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    I hope that they don't take the latter option, it would diminish the series. We have seen enough fake Palpatines and Thrawns and fake Jedi. We do not need a fake Dark Lord of the Sith and a fake Sith Order.[face_tired]

4. StaryKnight

StaryKnight Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2006
    Once again I say that just because Luke is still in grieving doesn't mean he won't be active in some way. He was grieving in Inferno but that didn't stop him from unleashing a can of whoop-ass on Darth Stupid. In truth though I really don't care how active the Big 3 are in Fury just as long as they don't get killed. I was actually hoping that this would be Ben's book really. Allston seems to have a real knack for writing him if Betrayl and Exile are any indication.

5. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    a plan to destroy Jacen is unfolding deep in space.

One word: Krayt

6. StaryKnight

Nov 12, 2006
    ^^I've varied it down to four groups that might be planning to topple Jacen. The secret Sith, the Jedi, the Confederation, or a secret sect in the GA. Take your pick.

7. Jedi_Earnhardt

Jedi_Earnhardt Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2006
    I don't think so, Luke is Facing his grief, not being comsumed by it.

And as to the plan unfolding deep in space, it's in the same little paragraph with
    Luke, so that leads me to believe that Luke is making the plan to destroy Jacen.

8. StaryKnight

Nov 12, 2006
    ^^I feel that way to, but I can't help but wonder what "destroy Jacen" really means. Does it mean destroy his regime and his position in the GA, or does it mean literally destroying him?

9. master-of-les-pauls

master-of-les-pauls Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 16, 2005
    I didn't really word that the best did I. What I meant was IMO Luke had come to terms with what had happend with Lumiya and had acepted his grief for Mara and had let go of those emotions, and the fact that, from the blurb at least, it was going to be yet another regression for Luke. Just when he had gotten back into his grand masters grove. But hey thats what i get for posting on here with a hangover :p

I'm hoping that its Jedi and Sith plot to destroy Caedus, I mean they both want him out of the picture don't they. The Jedi becasue of the damage he is doing to the galaxy.

and as for the Sith, once the revaltion of Jacen = Darth Caedus don't you think the Jedi are going to start to think OK Lumiya wasn't a Sith lord perhaps some else trainned Jacen to become a Sith. And were/who is the master, after in tempest the big 3 belive theres a puppet master pulling the strings and whats to stop them going out and tryng this supposed puppet master

10. StaryKnight

Nov 12, 2006
    No, we know what you mean. Your saying that you think because of that blurb Lukes going to be all depressed and sad again and won't be able to do the things he did at the end of Inferno and your wrong. Luke was greiving in Inferno and didn't really accept anything about it, and yet went past his grief none the less in order to save his son from Cadeus. Now, he's not just going to move past his grief, he's also going to face it as well, so if Luke was able to kick butt while he's still in grieving, then theres no telling what he's capable of now that he's going to face his grief. He's going to have to if he is to prevent Ben from going down Jacens path.

As far as the plan for Jacens downfall goes, whatever it is I doubt its some kind of Jedi/Sith compilation. The Jedi will never work with the Sith, EVER.

11. master-of-les-pauls

Jan 16, 2005
    You miss understand me I didn't say work together I meant them both to have seperate plans to take Caedus out

12. StaryKnight

Nov 12, 2006
    Oh, okay, yeah that makes more sense. But if that was true don't you think the summery would have said "plans" instead of "a plan to destroy Jacen unfolding deep in space"?

Judging by what that stated I would say theres only one plan being orchestrated in Fury and I gave four possible groups: Luke and the Jedi, the secret Sith, the Confederation, or a secret group in the GA. Which one do you think it is if you could only pick one and why?

13. master-of-les-pauls

Jan 16, 2005
    Yes of course it would, I guess its just wishful thinking on my part. That if they are going to sow the seeds of the NSO in lotf and there contempt for Caedus its does make sense that they would want him out of the way in case he some draws attention to them.

If the Jedi order had found out about the NSO, on Luke's lifetime, theres no way Krayt would be able to conquer the galaxy the he has done in the comics.

14. StaryKnight

Nov 12, 2006
    Thats exactlly why they need to stay hidden. To me thats been Lumiyas plan all along, distract Luke and the NJO by turning one of his realtives into Vader 2.0, while the real Sith continue to build their numbers. The flaw in this plan is that Luke and Co. will beat Jacen eventually one way or another so whatever he goes on to do better have long lasting effects on the galaxy at large in order for the Sith to continue on building unmolested(and no I'm not talking about a death of an OT character, that will just have a long lasting effect on the fan base).

15. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    It's either Krayt or the Mandalorians who plan to kill Caedus. If Ben is smart he'll defect from the Jedi and join forces with the Mandalorians. That description further proves how dumb the NJO has become and why Ben doesn't need to be apart of it.

16. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Yeah, how dare the Jedi follow up on the evidence they have because unlike the readers they don't know the whole story. Ben's been far dumber with his bloodlust and preventing Luke from killing Caedus.

17. Ace_Venom

Ace_Venom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    Something tells me there's more to this story than has been revealed. Krayt stands to gain more by staying neutral than provoking the Jedi before he's ready. Caedus is dividing the Galactic Alliance and Krayt wins a victory without having to lift a finger. Caedus is just a puppet.

18. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    Well actually a lot of evidence points to Caedus. They're just not smart enough to figure it out. Revelation is going to be funny. They're going to be like 'Oh my! Jacen is the killer!'. I'm telling you, the NJO doesn't have it upstairs.

19. Lord-DarthMerrick

Lord-DarthMerrick Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 5, 2003
    Its funny how a teenager and padawan can figure things out, but yet the Grand Master of the jedi is like "Jacen a sith lord? The guy who killed Mara? Nah can't be...you don't know what your talking about son". I place my bet on them finding out at the end of revelation.

20. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    The difference being Ben was nearby when she died and an injured Jacen near Mara's body(as I remember) whereas Luke's only heard second hand information other than sensing her death.

21. Lord-DarthMerrick

Lord-DarthMerrick Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 5, 2003
    You know if Ben were to be Grand Master of the jedi...the galaxy would be alot safer and the Jacen's would all be dead. Its time for Luke to step down and to put Kyle Katarn in charge.

22. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Ben's just an angry child with no self control.

23. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    But he has a brain unlike Luke. Amazingly, I have to agree with Merrick on this one. The galaxy would be safer with Ben as Grand Master. Luke just doesn't have it upstairs. Maybe Waru dropped down and ate his brain, who knows.

I mean sheesh. This series is making the Jedi look so dumb that it's like a comedy.

24. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Ben simply has first hand evidence. Luke would have realized Caedus killed Mara had he been on Kavan instead of Ben.

25. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    No he wouldn't. He would've been like:

Luke: Oh my! Somebody killed my wife. Hey, Jacen, did you see anyone?
    Jacen *carrying a poison dart in his hand*: Uh........no, uncle.
    Luke: Hmm....well, it's very obvious that Lumiya did it.

Fooling Luke is very simple. No effort or brain work required. My thoery is, Ben is going to leave the Jedi Order for the Mandalorians because the Jedi will act so stupid that it will almost drive Ben insane. Poor little guy. I feel sorry for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.