main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Legacy of the Force: Inferno Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    There should be something like a million planets still in the GA.[face_thinking] It might take awhile to come up with the names of all of those whose names we know and which should still be members...;)

2. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Has this even come out in the UK yet?

I have yet to see it *anywhere* and the thread's already been unstickied.

3. Jedi_Earnhardt

Jedi_Earnhardt Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2006
    Remember what Nelani said -- If your goal is to ruin someone that's aggression, not a trait suited to the Jedi. The goal should be noble. I think they'll go after his regime to restore justice and if Jacen is killed in the process than so be it, but if the goal is to literally destroy him as a person than the Jedi are no better than the Sith.

4. LittleZion

LittleZion Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2006
    When I read Inferno I have a little question... How ? lol
    I don't appreciate character's reactions like Ben. Even if I understand.
    This book is so good but very cold. I missed little Ben. I'ms so sad about him and Jacen.

5. StaryKnight

StaryKnight Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2006
    Thats sorta the point don't you think?

6. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Yes. I too am sad about what has happened to Ben and Jacen. Jacen has a lust to torture Ben and Ben has a lust to kill Jacen in a horrible way. It's tragic.

7. Lord-DarthMerrick

Lord-DarthMerrick Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 5, 2003
    I don't think Jacen really has a lust per say to tortue Ben, he's just trying to break the boy and turn him to the darkside. It's not so much wanting to torture as it is wanting to create a new image of himself.

8. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    I guess he's trying to do to Ben what Vergere did to him. When he was talking to Ben he did sound like Vergere.

9. NelanisGhost

NelanisGhost Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    That's why the Darkside has the greatest leap in logic ever. Treat me like dirt, kill everyone I know and torment me! I will be your errand/slave/bitchboy!!!

Yeah..... Why?

10. Earthknight

Oct 3, 2002
    Yeah, it doesn't make sense. But for some odd reason it works sometimes. It worked on Bastilla. It apparently worked on the SA. And it worked on Jacen. If Jacen kept Ben in that torture room, little Ben would've walked out as Darth Maul 2.0.

11. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    I went to Forbidden Planet and none of their branches had any, the guy said any that they did have would have been US imports. It's out tomorrow though, right? Oct 4th IIRC

12. Caedus_Zealot

Caedus_Zealot Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 12, 2007
    Well it is certainly a tough way to show that you care for someone isn't it? To torture them? But really Vergere did that to Jacen to show him that he could embrace pain and make that his fuel. In doing this, she gave him a power and a gift of being able to stand through pain. It was a hard lesson to learn and I wouldn't want Ben to have to learn it. But I think really Jacen is just trying to give Ben what he percieves to be the gift of embracing one's pain... and eventually embracing the dark side. Sure to a Jedi that sounds really bad. But to a Sith, it makes perfect sense. It's like a twisted (really twisted) father/son type relationship like Palpatine and Anakin had. I think that is what Jacen wants with Ben and he is willing to put Ben through some tough trials to get there. He sees it as him doing it for Ben because he cares for him and wants him to be the next great Sith Lord after him.... it won't happen, but you gotta give my boy Jacen credit for trying... =D=

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Inferno mentions half the Galaxy remains in the Alliance. The key ones being Kuat, Coruscant, Bastion and Bilgringi. Though Kuat is pretty much battered by now, I guess.

14. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    That depends, actually. It was a week-long slugfest at Kuat . . . but it's entirely possible that the GA was able to hold the Confederation off the docks and so have little damage done to Kuat itself.

15. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Is Bastion still in the GA? I'm kinda under the impression that when Pellaeon left the Empire started sitting out. I've been thinking their a little more like Hapes was, independent but Aligned.

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Havac, the Battle of Kuat took place among the docks, at least the start, so Kuat Drive Yards at very least will have taken a blow.

Robimus, as of Exile it's still supporting the Alliance, at the Moff Council and Pellaeon's insistence. They're fulfilling their treaty obligations, more or less, and not joining the Confederation. If the Remnant did, well...I think the Alliance would be entirely finished.

17. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    The GA ships were hiding in the docks and allowed the Confederation to move in close . . . but then they engaged and I doubt anyone had the time to mess with the docks. I've no doubt they took some collateral damage, but I don't think Kuat's production as a whole would be that badly damaged. A couple weeks of cleanup with production diminished, maybe, and then back to full production.

18. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Kuat's docks ring the entire system, remember, so they ought to be mostly okay.

19. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    Well, Kam better not be dead. If he is, that is the lamest death ever, and he doesn't deserve that.

At least have the character be IN the book, not just referred to if you're gonna kill him off. His only actual appearance in the book is him lying motionless on the ground.

And Jaina doesn't even tell Luke? Kam and Luke are probably pretty good friends by now, considering Kam was one of his first recruits.

20. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
    I know Denning likes sissing Sebatyne but I'd have thought Talon Karrde, Corran Horn, Calrissian or Katarn would have been more appropriate to read Mara Jade Skywalker's eulogy and I don't even like Mara.

21. NelanisGhost

Jun 24, 2006
    Talon wasn't even there.

22. crazythorn

crazythorn Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2007
    Which is, quite frankly, a tragedy.

23. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
    Not necessarilly, he might have been there just not mentioned by name in the book. ;)

24. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Come on, don't you know that if it's not on the page, it is factually proven not to possibly exist? The books prove Luke hasn't taken a leak his entire life.

25. NelanisGhost

Jun 24, 2006
    Very funny.

If Talon was there, he would have said something. He isn't the type of guy to not mention a friend in a eulogy. He would have said at least a word or two.

This is the reason I can't feel a lot for this series. All the characters besides the immediate Skywalker/Solo fomilies haven't had a single line, nor any page time, in literally (by timeline standards) 14 years. It's hard to feel that this is a real story. Everyone else is sort of gone from memory, made unreal since TUF.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.