The Official Legacy of the Force: Inferno Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emperor_Time Force Ghost

star 4
    Which means that Ben will get his revenge on Jacen in Invincible. :eek:
  2. StaryKnight Jedi Master

star 4
    Not necesarilly.
  3. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Or just, you know Ben finds out he's right about Jacen.
  4. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I would be immensely happy if this were true. My other pick would have been Jaina, but it's seeming less and less likely with each book. She's over the lust-toads and yet she's not, so I guess we're getting ten more books on her love life before she does anything else.
  5. Furyan_Jedi_13 Jedi Master

star 3
    I would be immensely happy if this were true. My other pick would have been Jaina, but it's seeming less and less likely with each book. She's over the lust-toads and yet she's not, so I guess we're getting ten more books on her love life before she does anything else.

Yeah, something tells me that Jaina's love issues won't be over until at least the end of LOTF. And although I have long since supported J/Z, at this point, I probably won't care who it is eventually, as long as it comes to an end.

It's becoming like a freakin' soap opera!
  6. master-of-les-pauls Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    For some reason I've been thinking about the blurb for Revelation a lot today and it got me thinking perhaps we have been jumping the gun a little

In his new mantle as Sith Lord, Jacen Solo's dark powers reach a peak as he continues to crush opposition across the warring galaxy and bring his dream of a new order closer to fruition.

Could this book be Caedus Empire strikes back? I'm hoping we see him in full evil mode. Also, though i may be reading to much into it, that in Fury Caedus scores a huge victory over the confederation. Could this an utter rout of the Hapeans and the death of Tenna Ka? This would go a little way to explaning why they haven't shown up so far in the comics perhaps

But those who once fought at his side now turn against him, and as his unexpected enemies rally to the confederacy,

Obvous, some GA planets are going to leave the GA BU then I started thing deeper. Some on here have mentiond Gavin Darklighter joining the Confederation but what if its Nithal who does? Pehaps she starts to see Caedus for the lunatic he has become

Ben Skywalker discovers the full and terrible truth of how his mother died.

The big one, as everyone who has read Inferno knows Ben has pretty much figured out who killed his Mom but perhaps its the why. Think about this at some point someone has to figure out that Jacen Solo has become Darth Caedus. Why not Ben? Could Ben be the one who finds out just how far Jacen has fallen? So far the Jedi don't know about what realy happend on Lumiyas asteroid and just how in league with her Jacen was.

How badly will Ben react when he finds out that Mara's death was Jacen's sith sacrifice

7. Earthknight Jedi Master

star 4
    We will have two men with yellow eyes clashing sabers.
  8. Trip Force Ghost

star 4
    Benny's not the brightest, but I think he'd put two and two together if he confirms Jacen did the deed. Lumiya + Jacen + Dead Mara makes it pretty obvious that something Sithly's afoot.
  9. Jamez Jedi Knight

star 1
    Let's be reasonable. Not one of Benny's ancestors was anywhere close to bright at the age of 23.

Cut the boy some slack.
  10. StaryKnight Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, judging by how bad he took it at the end of Sacrafice and throughout Inferno then I would say not very good.
  11. Rouge77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Her death was not Jacen's Sith sacrifice. He killed her to save his life. The fact that what it caused - according to his own reasoning - to his relationship to Ben was enough to be his sacrifice was just a bonus, of which he had no knowledge of when he poisoned her.
  12. Earthknight Jedi Master

star 4
    No, that was his Sith sacrifice. He didn't plan her to be the sacrifice but she was it.

Too bad Darth Krayt can't make an appearance.
  13. LordVader66 Jedi Master

star 4
    Inferno was probably the second best LotF book after Bloodlines, imho. So that's good. But what is going on with Jaina Solo? You'd think that this woman would have potential to finally do this something worthy post NJO and she's been consistently relegated to second tier missions that a nameless Jedi Knight could handle and consistently involved in a pointless love triangle. Enough is enough here, Jaina Solo needs to come into her own. Second, Darth Caedus/Jacen Solo is coming off completely retarted, to put it bluntly. His behavior toward his crew especially in Inferno seemed by the author to make it extremely obvious to the 5 year old reader that Darth Caedus is very evil. It went too far, and he comes across as unintelligent, which had been especially building from Sacrifice. The whole part with Kashyyyk at the end, I mean, what gives? And then he's labeled as a brilliant tactian at the end of the book. His characterization has to be crisper, imho. Other than that, I thought the storyline was pretty good and the pace is picking up, I can't wait for Fury.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.