main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Legacy of the Force: Inferno Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Oh I think I might enjoy seeing Leia kill an ewok.....

2. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    A Jedi fighting an Ewok? [face_hypnotized]

This may finally shed light on how Ewoks managed to fight Stormtroopers on Endor. :p

Seriously, Leia fighting Tarfang sounds like one of the most hilarious things I've ever pictured.

3. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    If Saba dies, I think the board's gonna get a new anti-Del Rey whiner... in the form of ME. :(

4. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    I certainly hope Saba doesn't die. The whole "confronation" described by Denning seemed more like a conversation (agressive as it will probably get) between Saba and Jacen. Maybe there will be some fighting, but I really hope that he gets a pounding, not because I dislike him or anything, but I think a Sith lord needs the occasional beating from which to rise, as we began seeing with the fight in "Sacrifice",

Also, speaking of Saba reminded me that, aside from that Insider B&W picture, we've really never seen her. I think if there's something that LotF lacks and needs a lot of is reference artwork, and we can't just hang around waiting for those cool Japanese covers to give us the pictures we like, not when there's a magazine released each month, which has, of recent times, lacked satisfying EU material. Seriousley, I can't wait until we see artwork of events in LotF in Insider (or elsewhere), hopefully in the near future.

5. Furyan_Jedi_13

Furyan_Jedi_13 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 6, 2007
    (finally realizes) Oh, when you mentioned Ben's "groove" you were talking about him finding a girl! I'm sorry, but I thought you ment something else! Oh boy, is my face red. [face_blush]

Anyway, as for J/J/Z, I doubt Jaina will make a choice soon. For now, let's just enjoy the humour that comes from it. Because I'm sure there will be some.

6. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    She should choose both. DP FTW!

7. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    The only true love.

8. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    I'd rather she not die as well.

If she does it will feel as if they're just trying to give Jacen a high enough body count before he gets his ass handed to him in Invincible. If they wanted him to kill half the Jedi order they should have had him go Sith sooner or keep him alive at the end of LOTF. I'd rather we not see a progression of developed characters killed off seemingly aimlessly.

I'd like to see something like Sauron_18 said. Saba beat/escape/survive a fight with Jacen and be the one who manages to make it back and tell the others exactly what he's become.

9. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Since Jacen is in charge of the GA, does anyone think the Chiss will step in help to stop him?

I'm figuring the 'new rebellion' is goign to have to have a fleet, or will it be the old Imperials that step in to 'save the day'? Kinda like a reverse of the OT, but still have Luke going in to take care of the Sith Lord.

10. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    He'd need to attack the Chiss first though, right? They don't usually like to get involved otherwise.

I agree with the second part though. I can see it being the start of the Imperial revival and the first reason for some people to start thinking the Remnant would be better than the GA.

11. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Didn't Jacen already attack the Chiss in DN though? Do the Chiss hold grudges?

12. Darth_Ziantor

Darth_Ziantor Jedi Youngling star 3

May 5, 2005
    I don't see Saba dying here. She hasn't been utilized in this series yet, and there's no way that Troy Denning will take one of his own characters, make her a major player in a book just to have her cut down by Caedus. I also don't see her fighting/escaping. She already did that once in DNT, and I don't think Troy would do it again.

I do think Saba will be the one to discover Jacen's secret, and that she will be a strong voice that Luke will listen to. She was a close friend of Mara's in DNT (I think Ben said something about his mom's best friend being a lizard), so I think Luke will listen to her. She seems like the kind of Jedi who can sense the darkness of a person, and if there's some sort of memorial for Mara that Saba and Jacen both attend, she'll be able to tell that Jacen has changed for the worst.

13. kever20

kever20 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2004
    Jagged Fel does...

14. bnxian

bnxian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2005
    With all the trouble the Skywalker-Solo family makes in the galaxy that'll be very well defined once Jacen's intentions are known, I think it'd by funny to see some random common guy plainly state how they usually cause more harm than good. lol, but what's star wars without it? [face_laugh]

I doubt the Chiss will get involved. Maybe only as far as offering political asylum to perhaps Han and Leia or anyone else Jacen is after.

15. 1Jacenfan

1Jacenfan Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2007
    i see saba and jacen have more of a fight that a discussion. saba never quite struck me as a conversationalist

16. Darth_Napoleon_MN

Darth_Napoleon_MN Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2004
    That was one of the best things to happen in a long time. The $%#%^ got what she deserved. [face_dancing]

17. Sirene

Sirene Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 2005
    No, but I sure can see Mandalore stepping in, especially with all those nice shiny new ships they have.

18. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    Not that I dislike Mandalorians, but I seriousley hope they lose, at least, in the end. I want Jacen to kill Boba Fett, because I thought that if anything weakened the new Sith lord's public appearance it was the constant mention of how he was "lucky" that Fett hadn't started hunting him. Seriousley, as awesome and crafty as Fett might be, he doesn't have the force on his side, and I really think they've backed down on Jacen's own power, perhaps to not glorify a Sith Lord. While I don't want him glorified, I do want them to approprietly aknowledge his abilities and power, as well as his Sith Lordiness, and I think this would be well done by killing a character like Boba Fett, especially when every Mando in "Sacrifice" kept on expecting Fett to live.

19. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    It certainly would be impressive if Traviss did the following in Revelation

1) Had Jacen kill Fett
    2) Didn't have Jacen killed by a Mandalorian

20. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    IMO Fett's been living on borrowed time since he 'survived' RotJ.

There have been some fun times since then, but, really, he needs to go.

21. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    I have to admit this is one of the more anticipated books on my reading list. I think Saba will discover the truth about Caedus, and Luke will need to lay down the law for Jacen. This book will probably be the one full of drama in which all the pieces start coming together.

22. master-of-les-pauls

master-of-les-pauls Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 16, 2005
    If Caedus kills Fett then imo all will be forgiven!

23. crazythorn

crazythorn Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2007
    Actually, setting ths up to be the series where Fett dies would make all the Mando pagespace worthwhile.

24. master-of-les-pauls

master-of-les-pauls Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 16, 2005
    Lets go one better, have Caedus wipe out all the mandos!!!

25. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    And perhaps all that remains will be what I see before me: a man, wounded by a Jedi, encased in a Mandalorian shell, haunted by the thought of being the last of the Mandalorians.

What if... what if she wasn't talking about Jango?

What if she saw Bobby?!

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.