main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Legacy of the Force: Inferno Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bnxian

bnxian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2005
    Definitely... in fact, maybe he'll supply some assistance in tracking down just how Mara died

2. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Considering the slow movement of the series, I would not be surprised if the funeral will be in Fury. I have never liked Karrde - he is (with Booster Terrik etc) a poster boy for claim that "crime pays" and then there is his small, but very important role in the creation of Voxyn - so I would like too see him in a small role as rare named male victim of Darth Caedus.

3. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    Considering how dim-witted the heroes are , "some assistance" is not really enough to help them do that and find out the culprit....[face_tired] He would have to practically do it all by himself.[face_plain] Of course, this series being like it is, after finding out, he would not tell the truth to anyone, but would decide to go and confront Jacen alone.;)

4. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    Unlikely, if Jacen dies, his killer will be Luke or Ben. Others are pretty unlikely. But if DR really wants to start building bridges towards Legacy, perhaps we could see a small epilogue in which Darth Krayt mulls over the failure of his colleague and how his own plan will not fail.

5. F0RSAK3N

F0RSAK3N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2006
    His visons were correct about skywalker. he was turned, and rather easily exactly as the emporer forsaw (i feel so cliche using that wording). palpatine predicted luke's turn after episode 6, he predicted mara's killing of luuke in the last command. minus a few details like himself and luuke being clones in both instances doesnt negate his accuracy.

in any case, palpatine knew the vong were coming 20 years before they even scouted bimmiel or sonoma sekot.

point being, besides him, no one has been as accurate. certain changes and choices not withstanding, i speculate that if jacen dies in this series, his mother will kill him.

dont agree?

*shrugs*

6. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Good point. Perhaps Karrde should stay out of this one and avoid getting contaminated with the stupidity that's floating around.

Personally I'd love to see him gatecrash Mara's funeral and punch Jacen out in front of everyone.

7. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I absolutely insist.

8. Jedi_Fenrir

Jedi_Fenrir Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 2002
    I actually like the fact that they made Jacen evil, I just can`t stand how much of an idion he and everyone else around him is. I can`t believe that Mara would not leave Luke anything saying Jacen is going over to the sith and risk her life like taht in case she failed. I mean who else would protect her kid. It`s so stupid just like the fact that Jacen suddenly realized he had kill Mara.

9. StaryKnight

StaryKnight Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2006
    I really think that little dream he had was just the force's way of telling him that by the end of all this he will officially be "dead" to Leia and vice versa. I've come to believe thats what all his visions are about.

10. sonnymyson

sonnymyson Jedi Master star 3

Dec 7, 2004
    Excellent suggestion.[face_devil]

11. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Slightly off-topic: TOS has revealed the cover for Revelation

[image=http://www.starwars.com/eu/lit/novel/img/20070810_bg.jpg]

12. Lord-DarthMerrick

Lord-DarthMerrick Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 5, 2003
    Is it just me or does Jacen look like he recently had his jaw broken? Spoiler from Fury?

13. StaryKnight

Nov 12, 2006
    Now, I'm almost certain he's going to get messed up in Invincible because all the Sith Lords of the past ended up being uglyier than that.

14. SlackJawedJedi

SlackJawedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2004
    Tyranus looked quite alright, you know....

15. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Well, hiding his Sith identity went out the window. Somebody looks at him they're going to scream or faint.

16. NelanisGhost

NelanisGhost Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    He wasn't a real Sith you know....

17. SlackJawedJedi

SlackJawedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2004
    Unfortunately, according to G-Canon, he was. :)

Placeholder? Back up? Certainly. Sith Lord? Yep.

18. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Sith Lord =/= Ugly.

Exar, Ulic, Malak, Revan, Belia, Kaan and company, Krayt and company-- ugly/deformed Sith are the exception, not the rule.

19. StaryKnight

Nov 12, 2006
    Are you guys telling me that you like this look as it stands?

20. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    No. Just that the reasons used so far have been atrocious in their use of largely irrelevant reasons for condemnation of the cover.

So... Inferno discussion?

- Keralys

21. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Jacen really has made a lot of enemies, even everyone in his family has a reason to take him out.

Tenel Ka- would be nice to see a reversal of ROTS, but unlikely, I think

Jaina- looking likely to be on the title of Invincible, being his Twin Sister, the Yuuzhan Vong Prophecy, the authors saying her role will grow

Han- father vs son, proving you don't have to have the Force (and Jacen's underestimation of him because of it), Jacen has proven he has a weakness for long-range attacks (Alema with her poison dart, Lumiya and the World Brain saved him from that)

Leia- mother vs son would be different for a change, she was in Jacen's vision, and Leia almost not having kids to prevent another Vader

Luke- Jacen's original vision, he killed Mara, plus Dark Lord of the Sith vs. Grand Master of the Jedi

Ben- the building of their relationship throughout the series, reverse parallel of Anakin vs Obi-wan, Ben has learned to be a sneaky assasin like his mother, and can become invisible in the Force, already knows how to assassinate using long-range weapons...

23. Bringbacknom

Bringbacknom Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2006
    slightly off-topic...any ideas on who Jacen enemies 'really are'? Cos i'm re-reading Tempest (that's kinda what you have to do with LOTF with the three trilogies thing) and was checking out the part when he has his vision over Hapes (page 142 (chapter eleven)).

he thinks how horrible the idea of a 'Sith dynasty' is after seeing three faces, the first of which covers an island on Hapes, the second of which covers Hapes and the third of which covers the galaxy

the first he presumes is his own (speaks in Jacen's voice, 'lopsided mouth')

the second has a 'twisted, gaping mouth', a 'lumpy brow', 'sunken and smashed' cheeks, a 'low and harsh' voice (too much so to be Jacen's) and also sneers

the third is 'long and gaunt' at first but the head grows to become 'round and coarse'. The voice of the third face is 'crisp and commanding'

jacen regards all of the figures as cowled = Sith hood.

anyway you're probably wondering what an earth i'm going on about BUT -
    later on Lumiya hints to Alema that there's a Sith 'plan' and there are more of them, rubbishing Alema's point that there are only two.

so considering Jacen's enemies will be revealed...and there's perhaps some sort of 'Sith dynasty'...do you think that Jacen will contend with a rival Sith faction?

or maybe...
    the second face smacks of Yuuzhan Vong so that's obviously (!) Nom Anor
    long and gaunt ------> (Legacy identity of Krayt spoilers in black) A'Sharad Hett ?

or maybe the 'true enemies' are the Jedi Order

it just seems Denning's put this vision into two of his books now (TG being the other) and it seems quite important.
    any thoughts? or will the last discussion steamroll over this?

24. sonnymyson

sonnymyson Jedi Master star 3

Dec 7, 2004
    I think he has a swollen tooth or two; makes Sith Lords grumpy to have sore teeth.

25. StaryKnight

Nov 12, 2006
    ^^This is the most appropriate to me. I could see a scenario where Jacen and Luke are dueling and Jacen is about to strike Luke down when Ben comes in to make the save. Then we have a ROTS type duel where Jacens anger and frustration causes him to screw up and he gets pwned and then Ben ends with a sorrowful speech similar to Obi-Wans. But then again, Ben is in the same rutt as Jaina, can he become strong enough and experienced enough to do what needs to be done?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.