The Official Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature (Spoilers Allowed)' started by dp4m, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
  2. Rohniss Jedi Master

star 4
    C'mon Death Spot, Dead Luke, no Whammies.
  3. Darth_Hydra Force Ghost

star 4
    You could've at least put up the cover pic and release date. And I'll be the first one to say it here: I think Luke's gonna die during Sacrifice.

Edit: Read Rohniss's post too fast, and did realize he'd already said it.
  4. Havac Some Guy Who Moderates Lit

Manager
    star 7
  5. 000 Jedi Master

star 4
  6. Rohniss Jedi Master

star 4
    He's dead Jim.
  7. Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost

star 4
    Snape kills him... on page 596...
  8. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    [face_laugh]

Naw...Dumbledore comes back to life and saves Luke from evil Darth JINO.

9. Rouge77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Of course they will kill Luke.[face_tired] DR and LFL will get lots of free advertisement from the media to their products because of it.[face_plain]

Of course, if they would be really "clever", they would kill Han in the series too, to advertise the Indy IV -movie, because of the Harrison Ford connection. But that to work Han would have to be killed in the final book, I think. It would otherwise be too early.[face_thinking]
  10. beccatoria Force Ghost

star 4
    *hopes Luke dies*

*doesn't believe it'll happen*

*says goodbye to Mara*

DEATH SPOT!
  11. Rouge77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Luke has the death spot, not Mara.[face_not_talking]
  12. RebelGrrl Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd think that Del Rey would give Luke's death to an author that didn't have any more books under contract with them. Fans are either going to love how it's handled or hate how it's handled, and the majority opinion will determine if Del Rey dares use the author again.

If they use an author who has three more books coming under them, and that author bombs Luke's death totally with the people who buy the books, it could and probably will hurt sales of the three remaining books. It just doesn't make sense to me to give Luke's death to Traviss, who's controversial anyway, and has three more books coming out in the Del Rey SW line.

Just look at the number of books R.A. Salvatore has done since 'Vector Prime'. He got death threats over Chewbacca. I cannot see any author willing to kill Luke who still wants to write for the franchise afterwards.
  13. Rouge77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    After VP Salvatore wrote the AoC novelization, so apparently the powers that decide these things did not agree that he as an author would harm the sales of a SW book.
  14. beccatoria Force Ghost

star 4
    Err, sorry for lack of clarity - yes I know he does; it's the one thing that's currently giving me hope he'll bite it and not Mara. I was sort of yelling it to invoke its power. Like, um, a rain dance. Yeah. A Luke's-Death Rain Dance.

DEATH SPOT! *gets out the stormtrooper helmets and starts drumming on them*
  15. RebelGrrl Jedi Master

star 4
    I forgot that. However, AotC novelization would have sold if they'd hired a cage of monkeys to write it. Movie novelizations have the movies to sell them, which I can see as a counter-balance. R.A. Salvatore also did not go into VP with the love/hate notoriety Traviss already has. The last thing she needs is Luke's death. Let her finally kill Boba Fett... less damaging for all involved.
  16. SuperLariat Jedi Knight

star 2
    They're gonna put Jacen in the Deathspot and just confuse all of you!
  17. starlit_goddess Jedi Knight

star 1
    If Luke dies, I'll be impressed that they have the guts to kill the "cashcow" for many fans.
  18. Teegirloo Force Ghost

star 6
    I really dont think Luke will die, not yet anyway. I believe Mara will die trying to save Ben.

Or maybe the sacrifice isnt who we all think it is. It's suppose to be personal one but im thinking it could be Jacen sacrificing the person he once was and becoming Darth Who. Kinda like shedding the skin. Jacen does love himself in a way that he feels he could do know wrong. My first option is Mara but i think this can actually be considered.
  19. Havac Some Guy Who Moderates Lit

Manager
    star 7
    Every time you say JINO, God kills a chinchilla.
  20. rebel_cheese Force Ghost

star 4
    Luke will not die. That's all I'm gonna say until I actually read the book.
  21. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    I never liked chincilla's, anyway.
  22. DarthRotten Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I suspect the sacrifice will be the love and respect of the last member of his family that is still standing by him: Ben. I think he will kill Mara. Ben will find out and HATE Jacen. One thing that is clear is that Jacen really basks in Ben's adoration. That is what he'll end up sacrificing.
  23. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    I'm not sure there. Jacen did let Lumiya do as she pleased with Ben...

Jacen's fall has been so heavily done that anyone could be a suspect...

He has decided on Han and Leia, discarded Ben, hates his uncle, manipulates his aunt, has shrugged aside his sister...

I just hope it'll be interesting, and well done.

I could imagine a situation arising that demands a full Sith Lord, Lumiya screaming at Jacen to do his sacrifice now, and him turning to Luke/Mara/Han/Leia/Ben/Jaina and killing them.
  24. SuperLariat Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm betting on some kind of Pseudo-sacrifice where he leads on that he killed Jaina for example, but lets her get away with Jag to start the Fel line.. yea, this early :D
  25. TheEmpireStrikes Jedi Knight

star 2
    Jacen sacrifices Chewbacca, by flow-walking back and giving the Vong the whole Sernpidal idea in the first place.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.