main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Literature (Spoilers Allowed)' started by dp4m, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Placeholder

2. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    C'mon Death Spot, Dead Luke, no Whammies.

3. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    You could've at least put up the cover pic and release date. And I'll be the first one to say it here: I think Luke's gonna die during Sacrifice.

Edit: Read Rohniss's post too fast, and did realize he'd already said it.

4. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Luke doesn't die.

5. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Yes, he does.

6. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    He's dead Jim.

7. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Snape kills him... on page 596...

8. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    [face_laugh]

Naw...Dumbledore comes back to life and saves Luke from evil Darth JINO.

9. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Of course they will kill Luke.[face_tired] DR and LFL will get lots of free advertisement from the media to their products because of it.[face_plain]

Of course, if they would be really "clever", they would kill Han in the series too, to advertise the Indy IV -movie, because of the Harrison Ford connection. But that to work Han would have to be killed in the final book, I think. It would otherwise be too early.[face_thinking]

10. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    *hopes Luke dies*

*doesn't believe it'll happen*

*says goodbye to Mara*

DEATH SPOT!

11. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    Luke has the death spot, not Mara.[face_not_talking]

12. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    I'd think that Del Rey would give Luke's death to an author that didn't have any more books under contract with them. Fans are either going to love how it's handled or hate how it's handled, and the majority opinion will determine if Del Rey dares use the author again.

If they use an author who has three more books coming under them, and that author bombs Luke's death totally with the people who buy the books, it could and probably will hurt sales of the three remaining books. It just doesn't make sense to me to give Luke's death to Traviss, who's controversial anyway, and has three more books coming out in the Del Rey SW line.

Just look at the number of books R.A. Salvatore has done since 'Vector Prime'. He got death threats over Chewbacca. I cannot see any author willing to kill Luke who still wants to write for the franchise afterwards.

13. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    After VP Salvatore wrote the AoC novelization, so apparently the powers that decide these things did not agree that he as an author would harm the sales of a SW book.

14. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    Err, sorry for lack of clarity - yes I know he does; it's the one thing that's currently giving me hope he'll bite it and not Mara. I was sort of yelling it to invoke its power. Like, um, a rain dance. Yeah. A Luke's-Death Rain Dance.

DEATH SPOT! *gets out the stormtrooper helmets and starts drumming on them*

15. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    I forgot that. However, AotC novelization would have sold if they'd hired a cage of monkeys to write it. Movie novelizations have the movies to sell them, which I can see as a counter-balance. R.A. Salvatore also did not go into VP with the love/hate notoriety Traviss already has. The last thing she needs is Luke's death. Let her finally kill Boba Fett... less damaging for all involved.

16. SuperLariat

SuperLariat Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2003
    They're gonna put Jacen in the Deathspot and just confuse all of you!

17. starlit_goddess

starlit_goddess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2007
    If Luke dies, I'll be impressed that they have the guts to kill the "cashcow" for many fans.

18. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I really dont think Luke will die, not yet anyway. I believe Mara will die trying to save Ben.

Or maybe the sacrifice isnt who we all think it is. It's suppose to be personal one but im thinking it could be Jacen sacrificing the person he once was and becoming Darth Who. Kinda like shedding the skin. Jacen does love himself in a way that he feels he could do know wrong. My first option is Mara but i think this can actually be considered.

19. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Every time you say JINO, God kills a chinchilla.

20. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    Luke will not die. That's all I'm gonna say until I actually read the book.

21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I never liked chincilla's, anyway.

22. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    Yeah, I suspect the sacrifice will be the love and respect of the last member of his family that is still standing by him: Ben. I think he will kill Mara. Ben will find out and HATE Jacen. One thing that is clear is that Jacen really basks in Ben's adoration. That is what he'll end up sacrificing.

23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm not sure there. Jacen did let Lumiya do as she pleased with Ben...

Jacen's fall has been so heavily done that anyone could be a suspect...

He has decided on Han and Leia, discarded Ben, hates his uncle, manipulates his aunt, has shrugged aside his sister...

I just hope it'll be interesting, and well done.

I could imagine a situation arising that demands a full Sith Lord, Lumiya screaming at Jacen to do his sacrifice now, and him turning to Luke/Mara/Han/Leia/Ben/Jaina and killing them.

24. SuperLariat

SuperLariat Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2003
    I'm betting on some kind of Pseudo-sacrifice where he leads on that he killed Jaina for example, but lets her get away with Jag to start the Fel line.. yea, this early :D

25. TheEmpireStrikes

TheEmpireStrikes Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2004
    Jacen sacrifices Chewbacca, by flow-walking back and giving the Vong the whole Sernpidal idea in the first place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.