main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Legacy Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jfostrander, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfostrander01

jfostrander01 Writer: Dawn of the Jedi, Agent of the Empire star 3 VIP

Oct 26, 2001
    Yes and we've seen the overall outline (necessary to make sure we aren't stepping on any toes with things we do).

-- John

2. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    According to our Upcoming Releases thread (and the fantastic uber-info-tracker Eddie), Amazon has a listing for Legacy Volume 2: Shards, release date February 25, 2008. Care to steal Randy's thunder and confirm?:p

3. NeoStar9

NeoStar9 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Thanks. :)

Just saw it on Amazon.com. It's listed as having 296 pages. Exactly how many issues do you think that it's suppose to cover?

Just about to order the first Legacy trade. Didn't realize I'd be waiting all the way till Feb of 2008 but at least there will be a lot to look forward in that volume though. I think I might as well pick up the Knights of the Old Republic trade as well in the meantime or start working my way through the Clone Wars trades (the ones with the Republic series, not the Clone Wars Adventures titles).

Speaking of which, I know the Tales era of comics are being collected into omnibus editions. I can't wait to pick that up. I only have the "The Freedon Nadd Uprising" and I think an issue of the "Golden Age of the Sith". Will the Clone Wars (Republic series and connected books) be collected in an omnibus fashion as well or is it still way to early (years) for that to happen?

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Don't overlook the CWA ones if you're after fun stories - they deliver great little complete tales.

As for Legacy 2 - I'm sceptical of that page count, as we have these issues outstanding:

4: Noob
    8: Allies
    9-10: Trust Issues
    11-12: Ghosts
    13: Ready To Die

Then 14-19 is Claws Of The Dragon.

Can't see it covering 4 + 8-19, so I'd suspect 4, 8-13, that'd be a 7-issue collection and more the usual size/price.

JB

5. julioangelortiz

julioangelortiz Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2007
    http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Legacy-2-Shards/dp/159307879X/ref=sr_1_18/104-6179246-2587158?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1188789294&sr=1-18

From the sounds of it, "Shards" will reprint 4 & 8-13. I was just hoping we'd see sooner than the end of February.

6. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    John- Glad to see you're still posting on here with your busy schedule. Just wanted to say that I LOVE Legacy! It's the best SW comic ever!
    One question: Do you think we'll start to hear more of the missing years between LOTF and Legacy once LOTF has ended? I really want to know how the Fels came to power and why the Remnant chose to crown a new Emperor after all those years without one.

7. CatherineSkywalker

CatherineSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2004
    I'm sorry to have such an interruption, but did anyone ever listed the dialogues in the Legacy comics?

One of my friends asked me yesterday and I don't know if there was a collection of words written, so if anyone could help me with that, please let me know, THANKS~

8. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Yeah sheesh, it ain't like hardback to paperback books, i want my damn TPB's! :p

I've got no interest in getting individual issues because keeping them is a thought I don't want to venture into. I'm a pretty messy person, but my TPB's can sit nicely between my Han Solo & Greedo bookends when I've read it. Plus I like reading it in one chunk. Such a big wait for something that will still leave us the equivalent of a TPB or more behind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.