main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The *OFFICIAL* let's all see AOTC on Saturday, June 8 (formerly the 'STOP complaining....' thread)

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by jedibri, Jun 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pommekitty

pommekitty Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    That's the spirit! Let's Saturday be THE SW day all around the world. I live in France and I'll bring two friens with me.

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Pommekitty that's great- get the whole world behind this!!!

3. pommekitty

Jun 1, 2002
    Okay, who's with us here? we need to turn this event into an international thing. Where are you all from guys?

4. Bookedout

Bookedout Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    Orange County, CA. I'm with you too!

5. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    The box office numbers would go way up if everyone here and their friends went. This would shock everyone in Hollywood. It would also upset the people who have it in for Lucas.

Let's do this! Everyone.

6. BucMan55

BucMan55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I'd like to go but my wife works on weekends and I don't have an extra car....Plus I've got 3 kids....

I also think that if everyone who posts in this thread goes to see the movie and brings at least one other person, you might make a difference of 4% overall....

But....if everyone who reads this thread and doesn't get all snotty about it goes, you could make as much as a 10-12% difference...

7. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    I'll be going to the Barrington AMC 30 this Saturday, so in the words of you know who "I'm with you too!"

We should make an effort to spread this to other SW websites as well.

8. pommekitty

Jun 1, 2002
    Is there any way to make it 'official'. We need a circular letter or something. Anyone up to the task?

9. willy4pres

willy4pres Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2002
    If we get this on the front page at this site maybe it will get some more attention, then possibly snowball into other Starwars sites. We have 3 more days, not counting today to get it noticed.

Maybe some of the Mods that have connections to other sites can help a little.

It's a good cause, we did something like this at the old Van Halen Official site, we flooded TRL to get "Unchained" played, it came in #1 but those chumps wouldnt play it.
    Stuff like this actually happens allot, just allot smaller, but it's definately possible.

What movies are showing next week? I know it's nothing that I care about.

10. pommekitty

Jun 1, 2002
    Where are the Mods when we need them?

11. BucMan55

BucMan55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I'm also surprised that there hasn't been any thread farts....

12. trek_rules

trek_rules Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2001
    Yes!!! I will be more than happy to see it again. I think I stay for 3 showings. How many city reps are taking part in this?

13. LUH-3417

LUH-3417 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2001
    I just took 3 people to see it on sunday, and it was my third time seeing it. I loved it, the sounds, the sights, everything was new and weird like a SW film is known for.

Anyways, I think some people should bring previously non-SW fans to see it for the fun. Face it is in dazzling and your friends will love it.

There has to be a bunch of SpiderMan geeks that keep repeatedly seeing it to boost it the way it was going, why can't we??

14. willy4pres

willy4pres Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2002
    Is there anyone out there that can get this rolling?

15. Telemachos

Telemachos Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2002
    Not to entirely burst a bubble or anything, but wasn't there a fan-organized attempt to have everyone see TPM on a certain day? It's 30th day of release or something?

IIRC, it didn't really alter the box-office numbers that much. But perhaps this time it'll work. I look forward to seeing Saturday's returns compared to last week's.

16. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    You should see the response at the "Offical" site. This could be a huge weekend for AOTC :D .

If anyone posts at other SW sites please let them know.

17. homeless_jedi

homeless_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    wow...why hasnt this website posted it on their main page? and is it also in the official site?

:D you can all thank me later!

18. Drew_Workin_It

Drew_Workin_It Jedi Master star 1

May 18, 2002
    I'm gonna go watch it...again, yes...and in Digital Projection. Either Saturday or Sunday, June 9.

19. xchrisvx

xchrisvx Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 1999
    I'm going to be camping this weekend but I can probably talk my whole family into going. As I remember we did that for TPM so why not for AOTC too?

Spread the word.

20. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I remember there was a similar thing organized for TPM. One month after TPM was released, there was Star Wars Fan Day. Then, two months after TPM was released, they held Star Wars Fan Day 2. Guess what came three months later? That's right, Star Wars Fan Day 3

Unfortunately, I don't think my local theater even had the movie for Fan Day 2. Hopefully, it will this time.

21. homeless_jedi

homeless_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    hey yodajeff. is it possible to take this to the main page here? if so. we can make this june 8th. "star wars day"

someone just locked the oficial site post. I think i might have to star another one.

22. Darth-Jedi

Darth-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    I'm game, definitely gonna go see it again on Saturday(been wanting to see it again anyways).

23. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I'm so there.
    Seriously- EVERYONE MAKE AN EFFORT TO SEE IT.

We wanna beat everything out there! Even if you just go up there, get a ticket, and don't see it!

The more $$$ AOTC makes, the better Episode III will be (in money hassels anyway)

Just...go see it!

24. Autumn_Skywalker

Autumn_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    General..count me in.

25. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    Uh, no.

I had already planned my marathon Star Wars viewing day for tomorrow :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.