The *OFFICIAL* let's all see AOTC on Saturday, June 8 (formerly the 'STOP complaining....' thread)

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by jedibri, Jun 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radovan_Karadzic Jedi Knight

star 1
  2. smauldookie Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'LL BE IN MY LOCAL THEATER SATURDAY AT 7pm watching my favorite movie of the year.

STARWARS EP 2 ATTACK OF THE CLONES
  3. Pooja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Let's go see it MORE than once!
    :)

Seriously!

Let's boost the box-office! Let's beat Spider-Man! Come on! I'll go see it four or five times this weekend!

2 on Friday
    2 on Saturday
    1-2 on Sunday

MWAHAHAHA.

If everyone follows this routine...wow. Come on! At LEAST see it once or twice!
  4. Dark_Force Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeees!!
    I am in for sat the 8th.

This will be my 9th time, and my second on digital.

Any one else going to San Francisco's AMC 1000 on Vaness. It will be an 160 mile round trip comeing from Healdsburg.
  5. Moeskywalker64 Jedi Master

star 4
    Fan Day is June 15th:
    I think that it would be a lot better to have the Fan day on the 15th of June.

Why? Well it would be the one month anniversary plus the 16th is Father's day AND a Sunday so that kinda rules out many people.

I live in NYC and the SWNYC is getting together to watch it digitally on the 15th at the Ziegfeld theater. Excellent.
  6. Pooja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Let's get Episode II some attention this weekend!

Here's my proposition:

We have ONE MORE STAR WARS film left after this one.

We've had RACISM REMARKS, JOCK REMARKS, CRITIC REMARKS- and we got beat by a comic book movie.

Uhm- no. I will refuse to go down like this.

If we all, ALL OF US, get friends, neighbors, work partners, relatives, EVERYONE TOGETHER- and go see it MULTIPLE TIMES- WE CAN beat Spider-Man.

Spider-Man doesn't deserve its rank, especially above Star Wars.

Let's show everyone up. LET'S GO SEE AOTC this weekend, MAYBE more than once, and let's boost it up!

This ENTIRE WEEKEND is STAR WARS FAN WEEKEND.

Not just "STAR WARS FAN DAY"

But FAN WEEKEND.

Yes I'm going crazy, but we've been waiting on these movies all our lives, and they rock! TPM and AOTC were just great in my opinion!

So what do you say? Want to sit around and let a movie called "Spider-Man" thrash our beloved Star Wars?

As fans, let's get up, round up people, and go see the fabulous STAR WARS EPISODE II ATTACK OF THE CLONES this weekend, and raise the numbers!!

Come on, WUSSIES!!! Get up and let's give Lucas what he DESERVES. Not RACISM. Not THIS. Not THAT. GEORGE LUCAS gives us TEN YEARS of his LIFE to satisfy us! And make money, but ultimately, he is satisfying us because we wouldnt shutup!

Now because of US, he has lost TEN YEARS of his life.

Why not pay him back? Okay, sure, I guess you could say we did. But let's REALLY pay him back. I know if I gave ten years away to a bunch of sweaty fanboys, I'd want more than racist claims and horrid critic analysis!

Come on! Let's get him some $$$ so EPISODE III will be as good as possible!

Come on! Get up, get everyone you know, and LIVE AT THE MOVIES THIS WEEKEND!

Okay, lol, I'm done. I had to. That was fun.
  7. Pooja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Posted by ME on www.starwars.com's EPISODE II board:

------------
    SamuraiYoda
    ^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
    Attack of the Clones
    Fox
    $391.8 million

Ohh yeah, its SO collapsing.

Spider-Man
    Sony
    $478.0 million

We are LESS than 100 million away from Spider-Man. If we get enough support...we can beat this. I mean we arent THAT FAR away from it.

By the way, do NOT come to this thread to bicker about AOTC. Dont like it? Good. Go somewhere else.

We don't want it.

Anyway, we are currently less than 100 million away from Spider-Man. If we do good this weekend and next, by going to see AOTC more than once each weekend, we can do it.

Sadly, not enough people know of this, and it will not happen.

SO

I propose everyone SPREAD THE WORD. Spread it on websites, phone, TV if you must.

Do it somehow. Let's get our movie up fellas.

Again, if you think this is LAME or whatever, just dont post here. Leave. Whatever you have to say, we don't care. Scram.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

I just posted that on the official site's message board. Spread the word guys. All of you. Let's get our movie up.
  8. CommanderSesfan Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm there, guys. Sounds like a good thing to do. I'll get the word out to my fanforce group, and drag some friends with me too :)
  9. BucMan55 Jedi Master

star 4
    Love the enthusiasn....but As my wife works weekends, I may only be able to help out on weekdays....

Hey...I helped yesterday, contributed $18 to the Tuesday gross!!

;)
  10. RPooDPoo Jedi Knight

I'm in for friday but cant on saturday unless there is a miracle.

Ideas for letting people know - Email people, go to chat rooms, etc. anything you can think of.

If you know someone who just hates star wars, ask them if theyve ever seen it. Some people just hate it to hate it. Try to get them to go and judge for themselves.

I personaly think AOTC will top the BO this week anyway. Sum of all fears will probably drop off. I seen it this week and although it is good it isnt great and it certainly isnt good enough for repeat bizness. Also unless im mistaken nothing else big comes out untill scooby doo ( lets face it, as corny as it is, especialy with prince jr. playing Fred, it will be a big hit ).

Anyway, long live STAR WARS
  11. pommekitty Jedi Knight

star 1
    Third page people! Let's get this thing rolling! Back to the top!
  12. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    If we all, ALL OF US, get friends, neighbors, work partners, relatives, EVERYONE TOGETHER- and go see it MULTIPLE TIMES- WE CAN beat Spider-Man.

Unless every member here (including socks) has over 1500 friends that isn't possible. ;)

I'm in I'll try and get my friends that haven't seen it to go.

I also agree that this is the weekend to do this. Sum has lost any steam that it might of had and Bad Company is the only movie coming out this weekend that would have a chance of topping the charts. The weekend of the 14th has a couple of movies that could squash any fan moviement.
  13. Chewies_bandolier Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, where I'm from (Australia), AOTC hasn't much of a chance this weekend 'cause Spidey opened today (though no-one got dressed up and lined up around the block at midnight to see it) - but I'm going to see AOTC anyway. In the US, it's only a mill or half behind The Sum of All Fears and for whatever its worth, I think that it would be a nice waking call for the critics if fans really made a difference.
  14. jedibri Jedi Master

star 4
    Well the whole ideal isn't to slam other movies (i.e. Spiderman" it's to get Epi.II back on top. This is by the fans for the fans :D . That's why I think it will be more special.
  15. SLAVE2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Me and my friend are going to go see it on Saturday, well hopefully, he doesnt know this yet but I'll make him [face_mischief]
  16. Chewies_bandolier Jedi Knight

star 3
    True - (the dark side overcame me for a moment there...)

People power it will be then! :)
  17. Dagobah_Dude Force Ghost

star 3
    Well the whole ideal isn't to slam other movies (i.e. Spiderman" it's to get Epi.II back on top.

Exactly. Also, I want AOTC to make a healthy profit so that GL feels comfortable in making EPISODE III as dark and uncompromising as he has said he would. I would hate to see GL change gears because he percieves that people like the "light" SW like TPM more than AOTC.
    Don't get me wrong, I love TPM, and the light tone was fitting for that particular chapter in the saga. But EPISODE III has to be even darker than AOTC for it to work correctly.
  18. johnglen Jedi Knight

star 1
    Pooja you do understand that SW is only 85 mil.short of SM in overall BO cause it has opened in more than double the countries that SM has don't you??
    And i am going to get flamed for this but this thread shows desperation and won't work.You might be disppointed on Monday.
  19. willy4pres Jedi Knight

I don't think anyone will be dissapointed, it's just an attempt by people that really enjoyed AOTC. It would be nice if this site and other's would get involved, it's not as impossible as it sounds, it just has to be worded in the correct way. I don't think anyone is fooling themselves that this thread and the one at the official site will make a huge difference this weekend, but if this damn ball would get rolling then anything is possible. This is a perfect weekend to do something like this, the 14th is another story.
  20. Riley Man Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's cool that people are excited to go back to see the movie. But just to keep things in perspective, don't set your hopes too high that this will have a massive affect on the box office. ;) Alot of the people involved would probably have gone again regardless. I don't think this can boost things more than a few thousand $.

But have fun seeing it again anyway. :)
  21. willy4pres Jedi Knight

22. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Saturday sounds good. A friend and I are currently making plans. We should be going to the theater after a graduation party.
  23. PRINCESS_C Jedi Knight

star 1
  24. DarthScully Force Ghost

star 4
    this sounds like a good idea.
  25. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    In theory if every registered member (and their socks) took one other person to go see AOTC this weekend it would bump the box office over $1,000,000. Is that enough?...

Maybe [face_mischief]

But probably not :p
    Still its a good idea. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.