The *OFFICIAL* let's all see AOTC on Saturday, June 8 (formerly the 'STOP complaining....' thread)

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by jedibri, Jun 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHomer Force Ghost

star 5
    I also think everyone should line up outside the theater in costumes on Saturday. Treat it like it's opening day again. That would really confuse all the other people going to the cinema :)
  2. Pooja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    bump

Whoever thought of the "fan day" idea- speak up, because the topic I started at the official site is STEAMING- I mean, already over 120 replies, and people are emailing everyone they know, sending letters to Fox and Lucasfilm to ask them promote the day-

Frankly; whoever thought of the idea in this thread just started something VERY BIG, so speak up so I can let everyone know who REALLY started this thing.

BTW- here's what I know-

Fan Day is Saturday, June 8th. However, if you CANNOT make it, still go see AOTC this weekend.

So- let's see AOTC as many times as we can this weekend, especially on Saturday.

Come on, we need support- and you know how fast word travels.

Whoever thought of this idea; congratulations.
  3. Telemachos Jedi Knight

star 2
    I hate to be the lone sceptic here, but if this didn't work with TPM, why should it make an appreciable difference now?

And how would we tell? If it drops less than 40%? If it drops less than 30%?

Standing by to eat crow if it grosses more than $15 million this weekend.
  4. Pooja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It's just something fun to do.

Any problems with that?
  5. Telemachos Jedi Knight

star 2
    No, not at all. Enjoy yourselves! :)
  6. Pooja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Okay then.
    :)

(but I do hope we see a box office increase)
  7. namaalika Jedi Knight

star 1
    I don?t know why I feel a compulsion to participate in this but I guess I?m just some sort of Star Wars freak. Oh my God, I'm sooo excited!!! I'm going to see Star Wars again on Saturday!!! Yippee!!! None of my friends like Star Wars except me so in a way I'll be going to see it with all of you. I am sooo geeked and it's only Thursday night. Well I'll be at the digital screening at the Star Theater in Southfield, MI. One of the last two shows. Who's with me? Hell, I?ll see it Saturday the 8th and Saturday the 15th. If you post from now on mention the 8th and 15th. A week is a good time to get even more people going. Two days might not be enouph time to get the word out. But by the 15th everyone should know.

Oh my God we are such geeks?actually I?m not a geek did you see me dance?

!!!Keep this thread alive!!!
  8. AL Chosen One

star 5

I don't want to piss on anybody's parade here but there was a similar campaign to see TPM in its first month anniversary, and it added jack to the gross.

You seem to overestimate your influence.

For al intents and purposes, Star Wars is the loser of the summer box-office war.
  9. namaalika Jedi Knight

star 1
    We don't care about statistics hater. I really don't care how much more money this movie makes. Nobody's gonna cry if this movie doesn't make more bucket loads of money--and it has made bucketloads for those of you who think it's a bomb. But this is fun!!! If I see one person in the theater who came because of this thread I swear I'll just pee in my pants with excitement. So come on out Detroit. I'll be there!!!
  10. Pooja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    What part of

"It's FAN DAY"

Do most of you FAIL to understand?
  11. Razorback Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I am taking 2 others with me Saturday (and I am paying for them both). Of course I wanted to see it again so I am just using this fan day as an excuse. ;)

RB
  12. namaalika Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've only seen it 5 times. Once on Digital. I have at least 3 more times to go. My favorite number is 8. This is a great excuse for me to go again. This is just too exciting!!! It's 2:30 in the morning, though. I need to take my ass to bed.
  13. -_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I honestly believe this is a wonderful idea and a great opportunity to show the true power of Star Wars fans everywhere. It would be nice to boost it back to #1, generating more word of mouth so to speak. I believe we owe it to George to have AOTC break $400 million by the end of June, though some of you may grill me for saying I only base my opinion of AOTC based on how successful it is in dollars, however as I said before, this is a chance to prove our loyalty and power to the world.
  14. Darthkarma Jedi Master

star 4
    Hell I saw it Thursday, I'll go back for more on Saturday. It's always fun and it makes a statement for us loyal fans, even if it doesn't result in a huge surge. It just adds to a sense of community, and that alone is nice.

I don't know how anyone can call a movie that makes nearly 400 million dollars world-wide in LESS THAN A MONTH a "loser." That's just not accurate. In fact, it's absurd.
  15. Jedi_Lite Jedi Master

star 4
    I would really like to be there on Saturday. I've seen it 3 times and all my friends have seen it multiple times, but I will still try.
  16. maul_grrrl Jedi Padawan

Woohoo! This is great! I was planning on seeing AOTC anyway this Saturday with a couple of friends, but now I think we'll go to a non-matinee showing. I'll probably even go more than once this weekend. Every little bit helps, right?
  17. denseyjedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Numbers are not important, we have to stop the drop at all cost. I think we are gonna make it. Expect a 35-30% drop this weekend.
  18. jedibri Jedi Master

star 4
    Well 1 day away :D ! Remember this if you want Epi.III to be the movie we all want it to be (dark) than we all need to support Epi.II.

This could be a GREAT weekend for Epi.II ;) .
  19. Razorback Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Figure about 100 people from this thread will go. We won't make a dent... but still, it is a great idea. :D

RB
  20. namaalika Jedi Knight

star 1
    Good morning. I'm still going to see Star Wars. Is anybody else in the Detroit area going? Am I the only Detroit person who frequents this board?
  21. willy4pres Jedi Knight

This is really cool, but...

I cant fathom why this site and any other's didnt get involved! I know it basically tanked when the same thing was attempted during TPM, but hey, this movie is allot better by most peoples standards. People dont have much of a problem viewing it multiple times. Hell, my wife has seen it 4 times, and she doesnt really care about Star Wars. It's not like were expecting someone to organinze some sort of special event, just help in passing the word! By Saturday this thread will have been going for 6 days, and all we have to show for it is this thread, and one like it at the official site. Thanks for the help TFN.
  22. darth_boy Jedi Master

star 7
    ive seen it 17 times now, hell may as well reach 20 before i give up.
  23. Ret Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Namaalika, check out the fan force boards for more Detroit fans.
  24. jedibri Jedi Master

star 4
    "If 100 people from this site go it won't make a dent." Maybe not. But if those people take famliy, friends, husbans, wives, children we can.
    Also you should checkout jedinet.com & the "Offical site" there are people e-mailing other people telling the people next door to them ot telling people they work with.
    At least the attempt is there. There is enough SW fans to make a difference. I hope we can. Imagin what the this board will be like Monday IF Epi.II is back on top :D !
  25. Darth Philo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Come on people, if you were *REAL* fans, you would go to your local theater this weekend, and buy *ALL* unsold tickets for each showing.

Yoda knows Lucas needs the money more than you. The question you need to ask yourself is: "Are you a *REAL* Star Wars fan?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.