The *OFFICIAL* let's all see AOTC on Saturday, June 8 (formerly the 'STOP complaining....' thread)

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by jedibri, Jun 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaxxon Force Ghost

star 4
    I just convinced my family to see it tonight again at 8:35. That makes 4 times for each of us. 12 total tickets sold. I will try to go tomorrow as well.
  2. Pooja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, I'm definetly going tonight and tomorrow night.

That will be 1 for me tonight, 1 tomorrow, and I'm taking 3 friends tonight, so that's 4 tickets tonight, and 2 friends tomorrow, so that's 3, and altogether that's about 7-8 tickets. Ticket prices here are $6, and 6x7 = 42 I think, so just from me ALONE is $42, plus I live in Kentucky, so ticket prices here are very low...most places is like $8-9 per ticket. So if I can bring in nearly $50 from a little town in KY...imagine everywhere else.

:)

Plus its fan day so I don't really care about box-office.
  3. namaalika Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh my goodness I'm still excited and I'm still going. I should go see it tonight too.

4. MasterPulp Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll be going once with my wife and son, and will go back twice on Sunday.
  5. Muellman Jedi Knight

star 1
    I went tonite in Gainesville, FL, and the 8:45 session was sold out, so we got tickets for 10:15. This show also sold out as well. EP2 is playing on 3 screens at this theater, so I was fairly impressed.
    [face_mischief]
  6. Clone155 Jedi Padawan

I will be seeing it Sat. with my wife and kid. This will be our sixth time seeing it. I will also try to see it on Sunday as well.
  7. homeless_jedi Jedi Youngling

star 4
    hey guys. wow. i just got back. the response has been huge!!! but someone locked my post at starwars.com ...weird.
    then that yoda guy started another one. thats cool.

anyways. you already know i will be there. and if this does work. you can all thank jedibri and me later. dont worry :)

8. George15 Jedi Master

star 4
    Why just this saturday?Why not have ESSWD(everyone see star wars day)every saturday?
  9. -_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I have had enough of seeing people take shots at AOTC simply because it isn't keeping pace with TPM, besides TPM having a 16 year hype to it and double the advertisment campaigns. However, I propose us Star Wars fans, flex our true power and might, and prove to everyone out there how truly influential we can be. There is this thread proposing we all go see AOTC today, June 8, and hopefully we will all keep to this oath, however there is more we can do. How you ask? I suggest every weekend for the rest of June, whether it be Friday night or Sunday afternoon, we all go see AOTC every weekend for the remainder of this month, starting today. If we all pull this off, which I know we can, AOTC will reach $400 million gross in North America by the end of June, solidifying AOTC up there in total gross with the rest of the films, where they all deserve to be. I know some of you may flame me for this proposal, which is completely fine because you have the right to your opinion, some of you may also accuse me of being a bad fan because you think I base my opinion of how great AOTC was on how much money it made at the box office and how many records it broke. This is not the case however, I am simply organizing this to show everyone involved with Star Wars, from Lucas himself to the extras in the Courscant scenes, how much we appreciate their work and what it means to us fans. Thank you

I plan on emailing all of the Star Wars websites, from starwars.com to jedinet.com to help publicize and rally this campaign. I hope you will do the same.
  10. YodaJeff Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I'll reply to you here as well.

Why don't we just make every single day, "Go see AOTC day"? The reason: It wouldn't help.

If you say that June 8th is "See AOTC Day", I would be more likely to see it on June 8th, than if you said "See AOTC every weekend". It's like talking with a friend. If he only calls once a month and wants to do something, you would enjoy it more and be more willing to do it, than if he were to call you every week. Sometimes, the less you ask out of people, the more you will get in return.

This is just what I think. I could be wrong though.
  11. homeless_jedi Jedi Youngling

star 4
    -_-_-_-_-_ got a name? and yes. I promise i will go see it every weekekend in june. MTFBWY!
  12. -_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus

star 6
    What I stated was merely a proposal YodaJeff, as I have said prominently throughout in my post. It was also said that you could be critical and tear the idea down and I would take no offense to it, why? Because it was your right to do so. Whether your opinion is in favor of or against, I could care less, however I simply trying to organize a cause to show appreciation and help something I thuroughly enjoy.

Have a pleasant day. ;)
  13. thebadge Force Ghost

star 4
    After working out its straight to the theater for me. I went with friends opening night, took my wife the second time, tomorrow will be a relaxing trip all by my lonesome.

thebadge
  14. Razorback Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I forgot I have to be in Manhattan today... sigh... so I will either try to see AOTC at some point today (probably not going to happen since I will be doing something else most of the day) or I will see it Sunday again.

Of course I will make up for it by hittin the theater next Saturday. :D

RB
  15. pommekitty Jedi Knight

star 1
    I read an interesting proposition o nthe previous page,(ie buying all the unsold tickets), it's a bit far stretched but if everyone buy 2 tickets for one person it will be a great help. i know that some people can't afford to do it but for those who can think about it.
    And to those people who surf around on other SW boards: pass this message around please. i would do it but I only know of this board on the net coz I'm just beginning to explore the SW web universe
  16. Razorback Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Horrible idea (and I believe the guy who said it was kidding).

Just imagine the news report on that one.

"Star Wars made number one this weekend because fans purchased extra tickets and then threw them away."

Oh yeah... we would become mega-geeks really fast.

RB
  17. homeless_jedi Jedi Youngling

star 4
    well. it's time. today we are all going to make star wars number one. once again. i'll be going in about 5 hours.

:D
  18. pommekitty Jedi Knight

star 1
    It's not an horrible idea. it proves that we care. You don't like it, you don't do it.
  19. SY-SNOOTLES Jedi Knight

star 3
    I absolutely agree! If you're upset that Ep 2's viewership has gone down by so much....then go watch it! Do you think that TPM made so much money bc the general public went to watch it so many times? NO! It made money bc ppl like me (17 times), my sis (15 times) and my bro (also 15 times) saw it so much. I have already seen AOTC 6 times and am going again as soon as I can! You should too.

BYE!

ps just to let you know how much I want to watch it.....I have NEVER wanted to get my drivers license (been too scared to drive), but forced myself to finally get it so that I could drive to the local theatre to watch it over and over and over again! I waited 8 years to get my license and the ONLY thing that motviated me to get it was so I could watch Ep a dozen times!
  20. Clone155 Jedi Padawan

I for seeing it everyweekend in June. I always love having an excuse to see it. We need to really have a big showing today and tomorrow. Sum of All fears was #1 and Ya Ya sisters #2 on Friday. ATOC was #3 with only a 25% drop from last Friday. I believe FANS can make a differnce.
  21. Darth_Honkin Jedi Master

star 1
    I'm leaving in just a few minutes to go see it. I wanted to see it twice today to really help things out. Unfortunately I won't be able to see it but once. I really hope this works. It would be neat to see AOTC hit number one again. When all of the entertainment shows mentioned it, it would cause a little more hype and more people to go again next week.
  22. -_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Going to see it at 3:40 PM EST. It seems as if this is really picking up steam now.
  23. Ki-Edi-Mundi Jedi Master

star 4
    Took my girlfriend to see it again last night. I expect more for a Friday 8 PM showing, there were more people at the Sunday 10 Am we went to a week or two ago.
  24. skibum Jedi Knight

star 2
    Can't make it today but saw it last night to pitch in.
  25. Dagobah_Dude Force Ghost

star 3
    I just got in from a 12:00 show. It wasn't packed, but it wasn't empty either. I saw a guy sitting by himself-like me(I don't mind going to the movies by myself for matinees)-and I was wondering if he was part of the fan movement. During the Shmi death scene, I saw him wipe his eyes(I'm not kiddin') so I bet that he is a real SW fanatic, even if he isn't a member of this board or has any idea about this movement.

Anyhow, I see that AOTC had a lower percentage drop than usual yesterday, which bodes well for this weekend. And I'll be seeing it again next saturday; a buddy and I are going to make the 90 minute trip to see it in DLP(and then we're gonna get a few brews and dinner afterwards).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.