main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The *OFFICIAL* let's all see AOTC on Saturday, June 8 (formerly the 'STOP complaining....' thread)

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by jedibri, Jun 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Autumn_Skywalker

Autumn_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    I'll be leaving in 30 mins to go see it again. ANY excuse to go. :)

It would be so great if we had badges. Someone (or several people) could make one and post it on a site and us download it and if you have some way to make it into a badge or hang it from your car mirror...anything. It would be fun, I think. I'd be willing to make one if we decide to have another day "go see the movie day". I loved the badges that were made for TPM. I still have mine.

2. yoda900

yoda900 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I went to see it at 12:30 ETD today :) I did my part, and me and a buddy are going to the last showing of 10:45pm today also.

But here is a question, did people go to other discussion boards to try and promote this idea, cuz there are only 140 posts here, that would only add about $800 to the total if each person who responded seen it once today.

Also, It hink we shoud also promote everyone going next weekend too, perhpas sunday the 16th, the one month aniversery of its opening :)

Lets keep those theaters filling up each weekend!!

And for next week, everyone try to go to every star wars site you can and promote the idea there.

3. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    I'm definitely seeing it on the 16th. Hard to believe it's been 1 month already.

4. Bogden

Bogden Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
    This is a great idea. Ill tell my Star Wars friends to go see it on the 16. Im with u guys. Lets get a new thread for the 16 on month aniversary. Lets do it. Maybe theforce .net can post it in their main site for epiode II.

5. Son of Kenobi

Son of Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 1998
    I saw it today as well, and the theater had quite a few people in it, so ...

*fingers crossed*

:)

6. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    When I saw the 3:40 showing today, there were more people in the theater since opening night(6th time), and I was happy to see that 2/3 of them were kids.

I have a good feeling about this. :D

7. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    I am seeing it tonight with 2 of my friends.

8. Clone155

Clone155 Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2002
    Went to the 3:40 show here in Phoenix, AZ. The DLP showing. It was almost sold out. About 20-30 seats left. I hope this is a good sign.

9. PLO_KOON_DUDE

PLO_KOON_DUDE Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2002
    I did my part...got 3 friends saw episode 2, then bought tickets and went to the next showing rite afer....both showings were sold out

10. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    I forgot! [face_plain] Oh well, I think I will go tomorrow instead. :)

11. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Yep, I went last night (Saturday noght)

Sold out here too...

12. d8camjordan3

d8camjordan3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    well i didnt see it...i worked 11-8

if you are discouraged by this then you have a problem

you all think that 100 or 200 fans will make a difference....we are acting like freakish environmentalists that save whales and forests lol

13. d8camjordan3

d8camjordan3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    why didnt TFN post a news item on this? they post matt damon reminiscing about star wars but not something to help the movie get back on top? TFN WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM....OH WELL ITS TOO LATE NOW...they dont care about a few measly fans

14. jangosdna

jangosdna Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2001
    I will see it tomorrow

by the way d8camj3....I like whales and do indeed hug a tree each morning.

Just kidding, I know what you are saying

AOTC will not make the magical and enchanting $400 million dollar mark. There, I said it.

I wish it would, but have to be a realist

15. -_-_-_-_-_-

Apr 28, 2002
    Every little bit helps, it's the dedication and loyalty that counts my friends. ;)

16. BucMan55

BucMan55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I'd be interested in reports from those who saw the film at a non-DLP theater during the afternoon....

I think the DLP will always be a big seller until they remove it, but want to know how the regular theaters do.....Especially in the afternoon....

17. -_-_-_-_-_-

Apr 28, 2002
    I viewed the film in a non-DLP theater at 3:40 and as I stated before, there were at least 20 people in the theater. It was most I'd seen in AOTC since the midnight show I attended on opening day.

18. Razorback

Razorback Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 2, 2001
    20 people? The most since the opening night?

Where do you live? Gilligans Island???

RB

19. yoda900

yoda900 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    the 2 shows I saw on Saturday were at 1230pm , and there appeared to be a lo tof popel, the theater was well over half full, and for an early show like that it is impressive considering the last couple saturdays I went to shows aournd that time and it was not any more full.

Now the the 10:45 pm show I went to last night had mabey only about 20-25 people, the fewest i have seen, but I think I can explain this one
    I live In the Detroit area, and it is called "hockeytown" for the fact that it is huge here, and the Red Wings were playing a Stanley cup final game which started at 8pm and genereally it is not over til 11pm (3 hour game) so I think everyone was watching the game, not to mention the game did not end til 1pm in triple overtime anyway.

I think that effected the audience in these parts though, seriously.

But I am willing to bet if I was in some other place, I would have seen a fuller theater

20. Clone155

Clone155 Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2002
    The unofficail #'s are that ATOC made $13.8 Mil. for #3 overall. 34% drop from last weekend. Not what we were looking for. For the fan day or weekend to have a chance at working, we need all the starwars sites to post stories or messages on their main pages.

This is the only way it will get attention.

21. pommekitty

pommekitty Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    Perhaps we should set another date, one which is not too soon so we have time to advertise it on all SW sites.
    The badge idea is pretty good too.

22. Razorback

Razorback Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 2, 2001
    Not what we were looking for? Who are "we?"

I think around $14 million for this weekend is good. The other numbers quoted here in the past few days was unrealistic.

Perhaps TFN and StarWars.com could be persuated to advertise next weekend as Fan Week... or something. That might push those numbers up a bit.

RB

23. JBFett

JBFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    so how big a dent DID we make yesterday!

24. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    It's pretty much impossible to tell how much was made becuase of this unless everyone would post how much they paid.

25. Riley Man

Riley Man Jedi Master star 5

Dec 19, 1999
    I actually went again yesterday for the 7PM showing. The theatre was probably half-full. Last Saturday it was probably 85% full.

But while I was walking out there were these two sisters -- I'm guessing 14 and 7 -- who were totally delighted with it. heh. The 7-year-old was swinging her arms around like she was holding a lightsabre, shouting "Yoda!" LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.