The official let's get Obi Wan a girlfriend thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Charlemagne19, Oct 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlemagne19 Chosen One

star 7
    After my rant in the Jedi Apprentice Sucks thread that Obi Wan Kenobi needs to sleep with Siri in the new series I'm upfront creating this thread.

Obi Wan and Qui Gon are now one of the most developed set of "EU" characters available because from Obi Wan at six months til he's 25 we have absolutely nothing on him and Jude Watson and predecessor made a wonderful relationship between these two.

Now we have the someodd ten years between now and Episode 2 to develop Obi Wan Kenobi Jedi Knight and Padawan Learning Anakin Skywalker and it occurs to me...

DANGIT OBI WAN NEEDS A GIRLFRIEND

Tahl and Qui Gon Jinn were soulmates/loves of life etc and while Jude did an excellent bunch of musings it annoys me to all get out that we never even knew if they kissed in their engagement and they certainly did consumate their relationship.

Luke was a farmboy and nicer than anyone but how many red-headed green eyed women did he snuggle up to before Mara not including the Fallanasai chick and Callista?

Now I'm not necessarily saying we need to have an Obi wan Kenobi mistress mentioned every other book but Qui Gon Jinn was fifties going on sixty during the apprentice books and haunted by personal demons but...

Where is the impatient, reckless, passionate young man Obi Wan was described as in his present form?

I basically thus think Obi Wan needs to get a romance arc a bit more. Do it in an adultbook or make an allusion if you have to but DO IT.

In Shadow Hunter we illustrated maybe a possibility in that young padawan that theyre was something going on...this is a start....

Now let's bring it all together, Anakin as a nine year old is too young for it so we can certain reserve that arc for Obi.

Whose with me!?
  2. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    So who's it to be? Darsha or whatever her name was? Siri? Fanboy wet-dream Mara's mother?
  3. Charlemagne19 Chosen One

star 7
    Dasha is dead though I might consider that they were pretty intimate if they wanted to do a flashback or two it seemed to be a teen crush or so on an older sucessful man.

Siri is my personal hot pick because she left the Jedi order...is a red head now for some reason which means she and Obi Wan will HAVE to get intimate at some point...

Though not necessarily be Mara Jade love of his life type.

As for Mara's mother then that probably is the most probable cause since their torrid affair did result in Mara's birth. The way I figure it is that the identical twin of the girl Obi Wan fell in love with on Melida/Daan
    seduces him and gives birth to Mara.

4. JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus

star 6
    ME!!!! I WILL BE OBI-WAN'S GIRLFRIEND!!!! As long this is the Phantom Menace version of Obi-Wan we are talking about. I LOVE YOU OBI-WAN!!!!!!
    :[face_sigh]:
  5. Jedi-Faith Jedi Master

star 2
    (possible spoilers to JQ)

Siri didn't leave the Order permanently. She left to go undercover, didn't she? I remember one of the lines in Obi's perspective was "He should have known better. Siri would never leave the Order." or something to that effect.
  6. ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Eh, why not? Everybody needs somebody...
  7. Ornitier Jedi Knight

star 1
    Was Siri Adi Gallia's padawan? I get confused... I haven't read the most recent JA book so I don't remember her being a red head... Due to this current obsession with red hair, I think that maybe a Nicole Kidman (appearance) type characters eventually might work... You would assume from the actor (Luke was annoying since Mark Hammil influenced that. Other actors may direct their characters a certain direction so...) that Obi-Wan woudl sleep around a bit or whatever.
  8. Charlemagne19 Chosen One

star 7
    Do the Jedi have a version of the Karma Sutra?

Maybe some Jedi practice ritualized sexual healing/meditation...it might be cool to have him be a practioner!

*Struggles to maintain straight face*
  9. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7
    Jedi aren't allowed to have romantic relationships.

Then again, this is the EU :p

wk
  10. Shara Jedi Master

star 4
    If only I was good enough to be published. Then Obi-Wan would have a girlfriend ;)

I've always liked the quote from Mark Hamill about Luke getting a girlfriend (paraphrased): "Great, they wait until after the movies to give Luke a girlfriend."

Well, he get a kiss...albeit from his sister *shrug*
  11. Siri_the_Angel Jedi Knight

star 2
    Siri didn't leave the Jedi order, she was undercover, and where was there anything about her being a redhead? They would be a cute couple, although Siri is always on the verge of wanting to strangle Obi-wan, or at least that's how she acts.
  12. Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Oh, god, the JA series is degenerating enough as it is without dragging in another "Mara Su!" I can see it now... Obi Wan will finally declare his undying love only to have her die in his arms, so he vows revenge, to Anakin's dismay, and...

(And if y'all can't see Jude setting up "Siri Su..." a few lightyears away...)

13. Charlemagne19 Chosen One

star 7
    *grabs Siri*

NO! Don't kill Siri Michelle Gellar!

Siri the Vampire Slayer!

Otherwise known as the chick who was illustrated like a young star!

I dunno I like Obi wan having some romances.

I'd rather him not end up like a certain someone who won't ever go beyond hsi first smooch now.

14. Dark_Lady_Valeris Jedi Knight

star 1
    Obi-Wan does not need a girlfriend!

Makes me sick just thinking about it...

Valeris
  15. Darth Thrawn Jedi Master

star 3
    This is all assuming Obi is hetrosexual of course? Like anything else i want to wait for some proof until i decide.....

:D
  16. JadedofMara Jedi Master

star 4
    If anyone wants to nominate me for the position, I would gladly accept. :D :p

Speaking of, I believe that whole Mara's mom thing is ABSOLUTE CRAP. The WHOLE POINT of Mara is that she is MEANT to have a shasy past, and we ARENT supposed to find out where she comes from...
  17. Charlemagne19 Chosen One

star 7
    Siri: Listen it was the Jedi Christmas party....

ObiWan: God I hate those...I once had a vision of Anakin's daughter sining at one.

*Siri smacks him one*

Siri: That was a hallucination, it's too horrible to be real.

Obi wan: So we got a little frisky in the Lightsaber Hall...

Siri: Nine months later, Mara was born
  18. ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling

star 4
  19. Draco_Starcloud Jedi Knight

star 2
    He's dead! Let him stay that way!
  20. Jedi-Faith Jedi Master

star 2
    You would assume from the actor (Luke was annoying since Mark Hammil influenced that. Other actors may direct their characters a certain direction so...) that Obi-Wan woudl sleep around a bit or whatever.

I could see how the personality of the actor would affect the overall behaviour of the character they played. But, in this case, I don't see it affecting Obi-Wan in this way because it would affect the storyline. And the only person who controls the storyline is George Lucas.

Hetero... LOL! I'm not even going to go there... ;) :p :D

And I agree that the Mara Jade thing wouldn't work; it would totally ruin the mystery to the character!

Anything can happen in fanfic, but based on what we've seen from Jude Watson, I think it's better if she stayed away from romance from now on...
  21. Charlemagne19 Chosen One

star 7
    and as you can see you are heartily being shot down by me

*kerpow kerpow*

Really I think Jude Watson is really portraying the fledging romance between Obi-Wan and Siri quite well and I thought that the scenes between Qui Gon Jinn and Tahl were EXTREMELY powerful.

It was a great romance and she definately needs to do alot more of it if she can write it like she did Qui Gon and Tahl. Admittadly it was "Boy meets girl, Boy loses girl, Boy gets girl back and dies of consumption" but that's alot of plots there.

Also I've noticed Obi Wan looking at Didi's daughter in a new way in Jedi Quest how about you?

22. jewlmc Jedi Master

star 4
    AOTC SPOILERS

Jedi(or Padawans) weren't supposed to have boyfriends or Girlfriends back in the OLD order.

23. Charlemagne19 Chosen One

star 7
    *allusions to the spoilers*
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    Yes but there are exceptions being made in every case...

And frankly I am wondering if the only reason that is because Anakin is a loose canon.

Kidi Adi Mundi after all had 24 wives. We know Nejaa Haclyon had a wife and it's likely many other jedi did.

Tahl and Obi Wan were willing to make a concentrated commitment, it's an EU fix waiting to happen
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    *allusions end*
  24. AthyraFire Jedi Knight

star 2
    "It was a great romance and she definately needs to do alot more of it if she can write it like she did Qui Gon and Tahl.
    Admittadly it was "Boy meets girl, Boy loses girl, Boy gets girl back and dies of consumption" but that's alot of plots
    there. "

i'm confused. are we talking about Jedi Apprentice or Moulin Rouge here??
  25. Jedi-Faith Jedi Master

star 2
    LOL! That did sound a lot like Moulin Rouge, didn't it? :D I loved that movie too, but let's keep that separate from JA, seeing as one is 1900 Paris and the other is "a long time ago in a galaxy far away"! :p ;) :D

I actually thought JW's portrayal of Qui-Gon was a little silly at times... I just don't see the man being so.. giddy. The "she said yes, she said yes" line had me totally cracking up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.