main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Official "List Your Complaints About TFA" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BretHart, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BretHart

BretHart Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 29, 2015
    It wasn't a perfect film. Tell us why !

2. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Luke's only dialogue was "Nooooooo-ooooo" from ESB!
    Phasma didn't fire a shot. She stood there and looked menacing
    No explanation as to what happened to Maz after her castle was destroyed

Steve the Stormtrooper who fights finn (Bond?) was blown away... Boooooo

3. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    -ANH rehash
    -Rey being a mary sue

4. Sithblade11

Sithblade11 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 12, 2013
    Knights of Ren, what was in the trailer was all you see. I was at least expecting 10/20 seconds of them in action prior to the trailer scene. It's a very good film though so nitpicking.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

5. BOBA-FETT-82

BOBA-FETT-82 Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 19, 2002
    1. Maz Kanata

2. The whole "Rathtars"/freightor scene. Felt more Star Trek than Star Wars.

3. Maz Kanata

4. Han :(

5. Maz Kanata

6. light_sabe_r

Feb 11, 2000
    Oh! I forgot about Han falling after being run through! The moment was perfect if he had'be slumped to the ground - falling was overkill!

7. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    The popcorn was cold and the floor was sticky

8. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008

falloverkill!

9. Lazaristic

Lazaristic Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2015
    1. The illogical superpowers of Rey - as if Disney has an agenda
    2. The wasted use of Phasma and Hux
    3. An underwhelming Snoke

10. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Terrible ending. Hated it hated it hated it. It didn't need much at all, but just to leave it that blunt and sudden cost it half a star [face_not_talking]

11. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    I just got back from a second viewing and enjoyed it MUCH better than the first one. I think because I was building all the spoilers up in my head for the last few months the snoke, luke stuff really messed with me at the midnight screening.

Going back and just enjoying it was great. The audience reaction at a 6pm showing on the first day was also WAY better than the fan midnight screening. Go figure.

Darth Caliban and WatTamborWoo like this.
  12. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    Where the hell was Constable Zuvio? :)

13. Trooper100471

Trooper100471 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2015
    It's nitcpicking and I hope some of these "complaints" might be addressed in VIII but here goes...

1. Maz Kanata. What happened to her on the way out of the castle?

2. I wish Phasma had been the Trooper fighting Finn. Rather wasted tbh but there was a lot to get into the 2 hour window. She has been confirmed for Ep VIII hasn't she?

3. Why was Snoke mo-cap? Unless he truly is 25 feet tall? If this was merely a large hologram, I don't see why mo-cap was necassary? Surely some good make-up and post production CGI would have worked better?

4. No recognition of Han Solo's death? Some symbolic gesture or words from Leia?

5. Knights of Ren. I'm sure this will unravel via Rey's journey and Lukes story

Jedi_Lulu, DD-1110, MagnaZero and 3 others like this.
  14. Trooper100471

Oct 20, 2015
    On a shelf at your local Toy store...

15. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    Just big flaws. I mean those that cant be ignored while shaping the final rating.

-Rey's Force. Kylo said "Force", Rey repeated "Force", Rey became deus ex machine. Just 10 times "No!"
    -Plot itself. It was done well, but that the first SW movie that repeated the plot of another SW movie. No matter how well it was done, repeating in the art is not a good thing.
    -Lack of explanation. Mystery is good when it doesnt hurt the feeling of the story. When you know nothing about Kylo's past, his actions look meh and stupid. When you know nothing about Leia's and Han's backstory (at least few minutes of it), you can hardly feel their reunion and their relationships with Kylo. When you know nothing about Luke, he looks like coward who gave up on student and First Order, which lead to the death of billions people and one his closest friend (friend?). When you know nothing about Rey's past, her abilities in Force and dueling look like deus ex machina. And so on.
    -Concept of Starkiller Base. Its about what the star itself means for the planets, as well as some logic barriers like the creation of the weapon literally 100 times more powerfull than DS, that was called an ultimate weapon mere 30-40 years ago.
    -The destruction of SKB. Just no.

Well, that were just my thoughts about the biggest issues TFA have. There are also enough little flaws, but they are the product of the big flaws mentioned above. Wont list them cause people here will call me hater (i liked the movie overall, and gave it 7/10).

16. GuardianSoulBlade

GuardianSoulBlade Jedi Knight star 3

May 26, 2015
    Leia didn't have much of a cry when Alderaan blew up, if you'll remember. But she did have a reaction when Han was frozen, so yeah,her non reaction later does sound weird.

jjgriffin likes this.
  17. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Two things both nitpicky as he'll.
    1 - when leia tells Han Kylo still has light in him instead of good I thought it came across weird.
    2 - no mourning of Han.

18. light_sabe_r

Feb 11, 2000
    Was he the one delivering the "bad news" to Kylo when he threw his first temper tantrum?

19. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    It's been said before, but in ANH, we had just as much backstory on vader, obiwan and the rest.

Obiwan could be looked at as a coward running away too.

TurboPGT and Worst_Jedi_Ever like this.
  20. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
  21. Trooper100471

Oct 20, 2015
    One other thing...

One of the things I hated about the PT was how small they made the Universe. Boba Fett, Chewbacca and I know it's heresy but even R2-D2 and C-3PO could all have been easily omitted from the PT IMO. This then leads me to Maz Kanata and the lightsaber. What were the chances of Han suddenly calling on an old friend he hasn't seen in years for advice/help and she is the one with Luke's lightsaber in her basement? The chances are slim or was this explained?

22. light_sabe_r

Feb 11, 2000
    There was mourning!!! Chewie went crazy!!! And afterwards you could see him grieving while they waited for R2

23. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Maybe it's because he's old news to the resistance but I expected a more sorrowful setting.

24. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    No complaints - it exceeded my expectations. People with complaints have got too much time on their hands.

25. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    But as i said, this lack of backstory hurts the story in the FA. In the NH the bits of background given were enought to make the story healthy.
    Information given in the NH about Obi-Wan was enough to suppose that he couldnt do anything (alone), being just a general served to senator Organa in the Evil Empire . In the FA we know that Luke was the guy who just beat the Empire, had enough power and popularity among the new republicians, and was really close to Han and Leia in the New Republic. We can suppose that Luke could do something. But he didnt, having all the stuff i mentioned in previous sentence. The situations and context are different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.