main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Official "List Your Complaints About TFA" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BretHart, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Ganner

The Ganner Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 20, 2015
    My problem is that they made a film that not only completely disrespects the Star Wars universe, but disrespects every previous film in the Star Wars saga, making them obsolete.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    And yet, you still post here.

3. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    "The Official "List Your Complaints About TFA"

I think he can talk about his complaints about TFA

4. Montross95

Montross95 Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2017
    My main issues about the entire film

1. J.J Abrams ( why ?)
    2. Lawrence kasdan (overrated, brought nothing new to the films, why praise him so much?)
    3.) The Rebellion is now called the Ressistance ( really creative!!)
    4. The Death Star III - starkiller base ( really, wow !!)

5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This is the "List your complaints thread", not the Bashers thread.
    Listing complaints and discussing them is perfectly fine. Drive-by bashing is not. This is specifically a discussion thread, and absolute statements regarding the film's quality doesn't invite to discussion.

Martoto77 and EHT like this.
  6. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Yes, because World War II rendered World War I, and all the brave people who fought in it, obsolete.

Amazing how such a stupid argument gets repeated so often.

7. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    The movie is so well cast that the amazing actors are able to overcome a severely hackneyed script. The character of Rey is ridiculous but Daisy Ridley is so magnetic that it almost doesn't matter how poorly thought out her "arc" is in the movie.

DealAlterer likes this.
  8. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Its either a bold or crazy thing to do - have your hero as someone who we know virtually nothing about (other than her being abandoned) and yet be so drawn to her.

9. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I don't think Ridley's performance was anything special. She was lively in the action scenes, but aside from that I didn't really buy into Rey on a level of grounded emotion like I did with Luke, Anakin, and Jyn. In fairness that could be because the script just didn't give the actor the opportunity to bring the character to life in this manner.

Subtext Mining likes this.
  10. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016

Rey's performance was definitely very lacking in the film. From wooden lines reads in one scene to exaggerated over dramatic open mouth staring into nothing trying her best but failing to convey any sort of real dramatic weight. She needs much more real training and experience before she can really create believable performances outside of one dimensional heroine action roles. In many ways she reminds me of Keria Knighlty. I don't see Daisy ever winning any acting awards but she'll probably have a steady career after SW in overblown action films playing the same roles over and over.

HOLY COW you killed it. You basically summoed up every problem I had with the film too. The only point I disagree with is 2.) Han Solo's death is crap. I thought it was different/unique way for him to die in that it played against your expectations. Other than that, someone should save this list and send it to Disney. How in the heck did these people get paid millions to come up with this crap?

11. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    It has been over 18 months since TFA was released in theatres, so we feel that there's been more than enough time for posters to discuss general complaints about the film. We're closing this thread with the hope that more specific discussions are continued in the appropriate threads here.

Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.