main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The official "Luke and Leia" Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by LaraNotsil, Feb 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaraNotsil

LaraNotsil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2000
    Well lets see, this is my favorite song, and i just wanted to see if anyone else loved it as much as i do.

2. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    You know, this used to be my LEAST favorite of the JW SW themes, but I've ground much more fond of it in the past few years. It's actually one of the more mature SW themes he's done. Most of his SW themes are fairly simple, like a nursery rhyme. But Luke and Leia is a bit more subtly complicated musically.

If it's not one of my favorites, it's certainly one I greatly appreciate.

3. Shmi52

Shmi52 Author of New Jedi Order: Balance Point star 3 VIP

Nov 20, 1999
    I bought the soundtrack before I saw RotJ, and I spent a week with that theme running through my head. I don't think it came across as well in the movie as on the album, but it's still my favorite.

4. Ternian

Ternian Jedi Youngling star 4

May 16, 2000
    Definitely my favourite. :)

5. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    It's a great theme. If Luke and Leia are to be born in Episode III, I hope that Williams uses the theme there.

6. Shmi52

Shmi52 Author of New Jedi Order: Balance Point star 3 VIP

Nov 20, 1999
    Excellent idea, Son of the Suns.

7. Cindé of Naboo

Cindé of Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2000
    It is so much fun to play on the piano -- plenty of accidentals. ;) I love it!

8. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    I really love the Luke and Leia song. It's my favoirte from the ROTJ soundtrack, and possibly of the whole saga.

9. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    This has been my favorite track as long as I can remember. It's so musically complex, with so many layers, and it's absolutely beautiful. When I played the piano briefly, I managed to find a copy of the music and seeing it in "written" form was incredible. If any of you read music at all, try to find it sometime. When you see it all written, you *truly* appreciate Mr. Williams' genius.

10. Ternian

Ternian Jedi Youngling star 4

May 16, 2000
    I hope it has some connection to Anakin and Amidala's Love/Wedding Theme.

That would be cool.

11. LaraNotsil

Dec 18, 2000
    and i thought i was alone, even Kathy likes it too. Great minds think alike!

Yep you guys described it perfectly.

It the many layers, and musical complexity that really get me.

The coolest thing was one night I lowered my blinds after sunset so it would be totally dark, closed my door, and layed on my bed listening to it with my eyes closed in the darkness.

It was one of the most intense sensations i've ever felt, my entire body floated with each rise and fall of the melody, it was amazing.

Truly a magical song.

12. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    It is a great piece of music. Not romantic like the Han and Leia theme, but still very emotional. You hear it during the filmwhen Luke realizes Leia is his sister on Dagobah, when they talk to each other on Endor, and when Leia felt that Luke wasn't on the Death Star when it exploded. You hear the entire thing during the end credits.

13. Darth_Mameluke

Darth_Mameluke Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2000
    Beautiful piece... emotional, fit for the two of them.

14. Trippitaka

Trippitaka Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2000
    I love this theme too.
    It's fitting as a more mature theme for Luke and Leia, but also has a little tragic feel to it hinting at what happened in their past, with reference to Anakin and Padme in the PT.

15. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    I think this theme should have been used more in ROTJ. I agree that it is a very mature theme.

I too have listened to it in a dark room and I think its full glory is heard there. It's good for relaxing. :)

16. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    VERY beautiful indeed. I love it.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. Ozzel Was Framed

Ozzel Was Framed Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2000
    I don't know if it's my favorite SW musical theme of all, but it's definitely my favorite from ROTJ. I remember somewhere in the liner notes of the SE soundtrack it said Williams was very careful to communicate sibling love, not 'in-love' love, and I believe he succeeded. It's a beautiful theme. Han and Leia's love theme is a close second, carried over from ESB soundtrack. After DS2 blows up in ROTJ, when Han and Leia talk, the way JW does their theme there still gives me goose bumps, even after 88 billion listenings.

18. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    It's funny, I had never noticed this song in the movie.
    Then one day I buy X-Wing Alliance and the intro is a great panoramic of a huge space station with "Luke and Leia" playing on the background, but not hidden like it was in the movie, it was BOOMING! I swear it brought tears to my eyes and I wondered: "What in space is that?! That's just beautiful, who composed this, it's better than a lot of SW music!"
    So I went on a hunt to find out what it was and I find out it's in ROTJ! I oubviously buy the CD and love it ever after...

I think it's a real pity this song wasn't used better in the movie, it would have rocked. The way it is you really hardly notice it.

And if we see baby Luke and Leia in Ep3, I'll be really pissed if we don't hear their theme. BOOMING THIS TIME!

19. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Sigh...yes this is a lovely, magical song [face_love]

If JW can somehow weave it into Ani/Ami's love theme...it would really bring everything full circle. [face_love] Very beautiful!

aa :)

20. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I agree. I downloaded it one night and just kept listening to it. Very touching. :)

21. LaraNotsil

Dec 18, 2000
    I was recently listening, and I must say that It never loses its beauty.

Last night I was listening to it with the lights out, and I cried it was so good...LITERALLY!

22. Aerica

Aerica Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    I agree...! The Luke and Leia theme is beeeeeautiful!! Makes me teary-eyed just thinking about it. I love how the music just soars and pulls on your heart strings. For me, it's a veeeeeeery close second to "Light of the Force" as my favorite SW theme.

And ya gotta admit...it IS quite a romantic song, if you take it out of context. If you didn't know it was the theme for Luke and Leia, it sounds just as romantic (if not more so) than Han and Leia's theme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.