main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Official Maul in TCW Thread (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Deputy Rick Grimes, Jan 21, 2013.

1. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I don't want that to happen. As a warrior, I like to think Maul has some sense of honor: his weapon and his body were cut in half, so he doesn't deserve the saber-staff anymore. Half man, half weapon.

Sudooku, Sitara and SithStarSlayer like this.
  2. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Nice in world explenation. But as a fan I want to see the saber-staff and the black robe again. It will happen I'm sure of it.

Sudooku likes this.
  3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    After what happened to Maul at the end of the last episode, are you guys really sure we'll even see Maul back in action with any lightsaber again? Maybe I missed a spoiler, but I didn't interpret that scene to indicate that things would be back to normal for him again...

4. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Me either. Best he can hope for is a quick death as Sid's new science fair project.

5. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    That's what I'm thinking. As much as I want to see someone kill Ahsoka :p, I just don't see this conversation happening:

Sidious: "Don't worry, I'm not going to kill you. I have other uses for you."
    Maul: "Craaaaaap."
    Sidious: "First, I want you to go kill a Jedi padawan."
    Maul: "Wait, what?!"
    Sidious: "Yeah, should be no problem for you. Here's your lightsaber. Hope I didn't hurt you too much."
    Maul: "When do I leave?"

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  6. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    eht13
    Right. He used the word "replaced" and didn't say anything about Maul being part of his PLANS.
    Throw in "other uses" with a couple of cackles and some lightning.... things are NOT looking good for Mandalore right now.

Question for Mia Mesharad.
    Is Maul more Mandalorian than Jango?[face_mischief]

:p

7. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Exactly. On that note, I liked when Sidious looked up from kneeling Maul to see Savage pacing behind him and said "you have become a rival". Big time fail at lying to him.

Sable_Hart and SithStarSlayer like this.
  8. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Yeah, that was a sweet sequence...

the only thing that could have made it any MORE entertaining is if Savage asked:
    "Why are you kneeling, brother Master?"
    :p

eht13 and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  9. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    He's as Mandalorian as Ulic Qel-Droma. ;)

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  10. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Sidious: "What did he just call you?" [face_laugh]

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I thought Savage's "What the hell?" expression when Maul got on his knee infront of Sids was entertaining enough.

12. Scimitar13

Scimitar13 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2013
    One of the most interesting things about Maul’s return to me is that I think it adds an interesting way of viewing the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis scene in Episode III. Keeping in mind that Anakin does not yet know who trained who, upon viewing this scene and keeping recent Clone Wars events in mind, from Anakin’s prospective upon hearing of the apprentice who learns everything from Plagueis before killing him, it seems logical to think that perhaps Darth Maul is the apprentice. It would explain to Anakin how Maul, who was believed dead by everyone, was somehow alive. It leads some credibility to the story of Sith being able to cheat death. It also explains why Anakin is ok with the fact that Palpatine does not know the secret of cheating death, because Anakin does not know that Palpatine was the apprentice. Perhaps to Anakin’s mind he is thinking that Plagueis trained Maul, who trained Palpatine, who trained Dooku. This would be wrong of course, but I think it would make sense to Anakin who does not know that Palpatine was talking about himself when he mentioned the apprentice.

13. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    They know Maul's master is Sidious.

14. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    cwustudent likes this.
  15. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I rewatched the end of EP II, Dooku clearly performed better against Yoda than Maul VS Sidious, also before the fight he spent effort to take down Anakin and Obi Wan. Dooku also has bigger advantage against Obi Wan in both EP II and EP III compare to Maul VS Obi Wan.

Is it safe to say Dooku>Maul?

16. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    In your dreams.

Sitara likes this.
  17. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    You should probably keep in mind that Maul is about fifty years younger than Dooku.

Lol, according to Sithlordpedia Maul has red skin because he was put in a solarium for 36 hours.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hmmm, its silly but I thought Maul's red skin has something to do with the darkside of the force.

Sitara likes this.
  19. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    Silly Seerow, how should that be even possible? Of course that's a lie. Even the solarium story is a lie. The truth is that Maul fell into a caldron filled with red color when he was a child. He just doesn't want to admit it.

20. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011

21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Not really.

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    What? I've never denied I'm a n00b. I looked to you guys to guide me to the truth.

23. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Why, if the Force can conjure lightning, or morph someones face, why can't it change someone's skin color?

24. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Affection to a person serves a Sith well, when it is the affection of their enemies to somebody. Or as long as his own affection doesn't collude with the plans of his master or his own. But anyway, there is nothing prescribed how a Sith lord has to live once he became a master. And I guess, when Maul had become a little older he would be emancipated enough from Sidious to have found ways to save Kilindi at Orsis-Academy from the overkill like the hunter did with snow-white. I hoped until the end of that passage in "The Wrath of Darth Maul" by Ryder Wyndham, that he would find a less-lethal solution for her. Then I had to lay the book away for a while. The Mustafar-Maul wasn't able to withstand or to deceive his Master to save the girl he loves, the Mandalore-Maul would probably be.

25. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The darkside appears to rot your gums and teeth to black and yellow coloring, and changes your eyes. It does appear to change your skin color to a grayish-white color, almost corpse like skin, often you'll see veins and whatever. I think this is to visually signify they're like vampires or evil. Maul is lucky he was born a zabrak, as his skin color did not change, it remained red with his black marking pattern which appear not to be tattoos but typical zabrak skin patterns, but his teeth were darkside rot and eyes changed. Closest one to his coloring was Brother Viscus, but he had more a orange color. Guess his red skin signaled a special birth and unique pattern among the zabrak on Dathomir. Other Zabrak like Sugi, Koth and Kolar have tan to medium brown color skin tone and more closer to darker skinned humans but they too have a different pattern of markings not like those on Dathomir. Maris Brood however looked to have normal light shade shin, more a peach but darkside corrupted turned her tone to the grayish-white color.

Maul's fight with Sidious couldve been handled better , Maul and Savage were de-force powered and Sidious was a force glutton during the short fight - but thats what the writers on the show wanted for Maul to beaten by Sidious - not that I agree with that particular portrayal of defeat but its their show. It is just now oddly funny, Maul can beat every Jedi since Jinn(including passing up the chance to kill Kenobi many times since TPM) but can't defeat his master. I think Feloni's reasoning is that Maul was (pre)programmed to lose cause Sidious' training is still inbedded in Maul's mind and consciousness, a Sith indoctrination and conditioning a Sith Master instills in his apprentice - which I suppose he's more like a dog to his human master sorta thing, that makes sense and yet it doesnt namely at this point in the game for Maul.