main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL The Official McClurg Court Line Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthJurist, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soulraven

Soulraven Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2002
    PinkMoon - you woulnd't be the first. Unless of course, you are a grad student from Northwestern and almost smashed your camera into oblivion by tipping the tripod over. In that case, you already know the pain of a lightsaber beating..... :)

Knimble - we are in line now. Have been since Saturday. We don't expect a huge rush until Tuesday or so, but that is for 9:30 AM. If you are going to the 7:00 PM show.....well, getting there several hours ahead of time couldn't hurt.

2. sabrecmc

sabrecmc Jedi Master star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    Does anyone in the line know if McClurg is selling for Tuesday the 21st yet? I won't be in Chicago for the opening since I'm flying to FL to see it with my little brother who is at Florida State University, but I really want to see the digital when I get back. I can't get the online places to either sell for McClurg or sell that far in advance. I don't mind coming down there this weekend(if everyone is still there it would be nice to say hi anyway), but I just wanted to see if they'd be available that far in advance. If anyone knows, please PM me!

Thanks so much!

3. TomTav

TomTav Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2002
    12:30PM | 3:30PM | 7:00PM | 10:15PM

Fandango.com
    Is Selling Tickets for the 21st already for the above times
    I just checked
    :)

4. KNIMBLEKNIGHT

KNIMBLEKNIGHT Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    To anyone who is currently in line:

I don't know if McClurg management knows this, but if not, someone should let them know how Fandango is listing the theatre. This has been mentioned several times on this board, but just to repeat, if you just click on the AOTC link on Fandango's homepage, it doesn't list McClurg. You have to do a special search for the DLP version. I think that's absurd, and I would guess it is hurting their sales big time. So if someone there could make sure management is aware of this and hopefully get Fandango to fix this, that would be great.

And by the way, was the charity screening at McClurg today? If so, I'd like to hear how it went. Thanks.

5. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    The Charity Screening was yesterday (Sunday) and everyone coming out of the theater seemed very enthusiastic about the show. In case you were wondering, Chicago Force was asked to move it's line temporarily so as to not block the sidewalk. Being nice sorts of folks, we agreed to move, and we all took off to view an early afternoon showing of Spiderman. We got back to the theater just before the screening started, so we didn?t see any celebrities, but reportedly Shannon was there.
    ~H~

6. KNIMBLEKNIGHT

Mar 8, 2002
    So what time is everybody getting to McClurg for the midnight show? By the way, I noticed that this show is now sold out - took long enough.

7. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    Schedule of events for the 15/16th ? McClurg.

7 am ? Members of Chicago Force, the 501st and the Rebel Legion will be featured on WGN as part of a SW fashion show.

Noon ? Lego team arrives to give away t-shirts for the first 75 people in line.

4 ? 6 pm ? media crews arrive and broadcast for 5 and 6 pm news.

6pm ? Lego team returns to give away more prizes and conduct games, ets.

6:30 pm ? Chicago Force costume contest. The prize: a ticket for two to the 7:30 pm ?sneak preview? of AOTC, to be show in Theater 1. The contest will be held in front of the theater, please check in with Heather if you would like to be part of the contest.

7:30 ? ?sneak preview? show begins.

9 ? 10 pm ? media crews arrive and broadcast for 10 pm news.

12:01 am ? Midnight premiere.

5 ? 7 am ? Channel 7 ABC morning show live broadcast from in front of McClurg Court Theater. They will be interviewing CF members and doing another SW costume show ** WE NEED ADDITIONAL COTUMERS FOR THIS EVENT **

9:30 am ? 2nd showing, Theater 1

Note also that Chicago Force will be staffing an informational table inside the theater on both Friday and Saturday night, so if you can?t join us Wednesday or Thursday, be sure to stop by and say HI!

If you have any questions on the above, please email me directly, my internet access over the next few days will be limited.

Thanks!

~H~

8. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    Yep, midnight is sold out. If you didn't get tickets, check in with the front of the line Tuesday or Wednesday to see if there are any extras available.

~H~

9. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    Where is McClurg @? I would love to stop by and see the line! :D

10. KNIMBLEKNIGHT

Mar 8, 2002
    Always wondered this - what do you guys do with your chairs/sleeping bags/etc. when you go into the theatre?

11. matt_maul

matt_maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2001

Oddly enough, it turns out that I'm made of some sort of alien flexable metal so we've been storing all our blankets/sleeping bags/tvs/PS2s/chairs and the like in my hollowed, mallable body. Sure it's kinda uncomfortable in there but it beats the spot they were storing them in me before.

matt.

12. ObiWanJane

ObiWanJane Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 1999
    You can always put them back in you car, can't you?!

LOL

13. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    How's the line lookin' at the moment, anyway? Chris and I won't be able to make it down there until 4 or 5 this afternoon... is it anything like it was three years ago?

More importantly, does the Whit Hen around the corner sell Amp, or am I going to have to have it dropped in by helicopter?

-Le Penguin
    "I got a fever... and the only prescription, is more cowbell, baby!"

14. DarthJurist

Dec 10, 2000
    the line is not bad at the moment (only up to N0. 20), but someone had to buy all those midnight tickets, so we anticiapte a HUG rush during th 4-7 time frame.

~H~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.