main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The Official Meet and Greet Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi Trace, Aug 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Hi! My name is Traci, and I'm a Star Wars a-holic.

J/K.... [face_laugh]

Since we are getting quite a few hits on our website, this is the place where current SMT members can 'introduce' themselves and prospective members can 'meet' the gang.

Everybody jump in and have fun!

General Star Wars stuff:

How long have you been a SW fan?

Describe your first SW movie experience: Which movie? When? Where? etc.

Which is your favorite SW movie?

Favorite character?

Other SW interests? (collecting, gaming, costuming, fan fiction, books/comics/EU, etc.)

About you:

What other interests/hobbies do you have outside of SW?

Favorite TV show(s)?

Favorite movie(s)?

Favorite book or author?

Favorite song or artist?

Favorite quote?

Favorite holiday?

Optional:

First name?

Age?

Do you live in Memphis or one of the suburbs?

Profession or college major?

Misc:

2. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Hi! My name is Traci, and I'm a Star Wars a-holic.

(All together as a group) "Hi, Traci!"

General Star Wars stuff:[b/]

How long have you been a SW fan?[b/] Since it first hit back in '77. I was around 11 then, 36 now.

Describe your first SW movie experience: Which movie? When? Where? etc. [b/]'Star Wars'[i/]- (the first one, or episode IV, or 'A new Hope', or Original Star Wars, or whatever you want to call it!) I'd seen the ads on TV for it and I had been going nuts for weeks to see it before I finally did at the Whitehaven Cinema.

Which is your favorite SW movie?[b/] Empire- the dialog, production, and ACTING was much better than the other two in the original trilogy. I'm still not a big fan of the recent two films, am looking forward to the next since these have gotten better each time.

Favorite character?[b/] Gotta go with Vader, with Bobba Fett and Darth Maul following.

[b/]Other SW interests? (collecting, gaming, costuming, fan fiction, books/comics/EU, etc.)[b/] I started collecting comics about the same time SW hit, so I've got almost all of those original SW comics. I also got started collecting SW figures the Christmas of '77 when I got the cantina playset, along with the Sears cantina creature 4 pak. A land speeder, two tie fighters, and a lot more figures followed. I haven't read any of the novels since high school, but will occasionally pick up some of the Dark Horse SW comics, or get an audio book as a gift. I've only really dressed up ike a SW character once- as a Jedi for the midnite premiere of Phantom Menace[i/]. I went with two buddies- one as Vader, the other as Maul.

About you:[b/]

What other interests/hobbies do you have outside of SW? I like doing art- sculpting, painting, drawing, etc. I also like to build model kits. I also do volunteer work for the Ronald McDonald House and am a member of the MidSouth Cartoonists association.

Favorite TV show(s)?[b/] Buffy[i/] before it got canceled- thank God for DVD's! I also like Stargate[i/] and Smallville[i/]

Favorite movie(s)?[b/] [Outlaw Josey Wales[i/] I'm also a big fan of anything by Kevin Smith- Chasing Amy[i/] pr with John Cusack- Gross Point Blank[i/].

Favorite book or author? It Came From Bob's Basement[i/]. It's not a novel, mostly pictures of Bob Burn's movie costume/prop colection, but it's got some great stories about growing up in Hollywood. I also dig any of the books designed by Chip Kidd. Hey, I like pretty pictures!

Favorite song or artist? Hard Luck Woman[i/] by KISS. I'm a big KISS fan. I also love playing You've Got Another Thing Coming[i/] by Judas Priest on the drum machine at Jillian's!

Favorite quote? "Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows?" is my favorite SW. I saw "Having knocked, oppourtunity moves on..." on a gretting cacrd once and I just identified with it! I love fortune cookies, too...

[b]Favorite holiday?[b/] Halloween! I'm working on a haunted house/attraction right now.

Optional:

First name? Lin

Age? 37 in November.

Do you live in Memphis or one of the suburbs? U of M area.

Profession or college major? Graphic artist for a screen printing company- with some college (NWJC and Memphis State).

Misc: Met the Memphis Fan Force folks- Obi-J, Sal, Tim and Traci at the MidSouthCon this year. Had fun with them watching the costume contest and have been going to SW get togethers and drive-in movie nights ever since!

[i]That's all, folks![i/]
    [/i][/b]

3. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Ok, so my text formatting skills seem a bit off today...

4. Ima_Toydarian

Ima_Toydarian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2003
    Neither were my joining skills since I ended up with two screen names!

D'oh!

Lin

5. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Hi...I'm Steve, and I, too...am a StarWarsaholic.

General Star Wars stuff:

26 years...wow.

I was four (almost five) when I saw ANH at the Princess Theater in Lexington, Tennessee. I went with my older brother, who could've cared less.

At this point, it's ESB, but E3 could be a challenger from what I've heard and read.

Favorite character?
    Oh gosh, hard question. It's gotta be Han Solo...but R2-D2 and Yoda are up there pretty close.

Other SW interests? (collecting, gaming, costuming, fan fiction, books/comics/EU, etc.)
    Ummmm...I guess collecting.

About you:

Huuuuuge sports fan. I love football, hockey, and baseball. I also like NASCAR, but keep that to myself alot. I'm also a music lover. Of course, working in radio is pretty cool, cuz it allows me to listen to all the music I want. I love comedies, whether it's sitcoms or movies. With that, we'll move on...

Favorite TV show(s)?
    Whatever's on VH1.
    Mad-TV (cuz SNL sucks...and has since '93)
    The Late Show w/ David Letterman
    The Sopranos
    and last, but certainly not least...my favorite...Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Favorite movie(s)?
    Star Wars (all of 'em)
    MST3K: The Movie
    Ben-Hur
    Airplane
    *EDIT* The Count Of Monte Cristo
    (I can't believe I left this one off the list.)

Favorite book or author?
    "That's A Winner" by the late Jack Buck.

Favorite song or artist?
    Favorite country song: "Past The Point Of Rescue" by Hal Ketchum
    Favorite rock song: "Fool In The Rain" by Led Zeppelin
    Favorite pop song: "Cars" by Gary Numan
    Favorite jazz song: "Birdland" by Weather Report

Favorite quote?
    "Impressive."
    -Darth Vader

Favorite holiday?
    Christmas...the one day I have off from work.

Optional:

First name?
    Steve

Age?
    31...but just barely.

Definitely one of the suburbs...about 70 miles north of Memphis in Dyersburg.

Broadcasting...specifically radio.

6. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    General Star Wars stuff:

Since 1977.

ANH - 1977. I was 6 yrs old and my dad & step-mother took me to see this movie that everyone was talking about. My cousin had told me that it was scary, so I kept my eyes closed through all the Imperial scenes for the first half of the movie, LOL.

I think TESB is the best, but ANH is my favorite. Sentimental reasons, I guess.

Favorite character?

I had a crush on Darth Vader as a young child <your laugh here> and I told my mom that I was going to get brown contact lenses when I grew up so that I could look like Princess Leia. [face_laugh]

But my all-time faves are Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade.

Other SW interests? (collecting, gaming, costuming, fan fiction, books/comics/EU, etc.).

I'm an EU-a-holic. I've been reading the novels on and off since 1991, but wasn't really consistent about it until 1998 or so.

I made a Jedi costume last year for MSC and will probably wear it every Halloween for the rest of my life, LOL. [edit] Currently working on a Barriss Offee costume for this year's MSC.

[update] Stamp that Barriss outfit finished! Turned out pretty cool, too, thanks to a team effort of the SMT. ;)

And I wrote a fan fic once that was a LOT of fun. Maybe if the muse strikes again, I'll try another. [edit] I wrote a viggie recently....the plot bunnies are back. [face_blush]

[update] The fanfic writing bug is back with a vengeance. [face_blush] (See the fanfic index thread.)

About you:

I love musical theatre. I studied classical voice for a few years and try to sing along, but only in the car lately. [face_blush]

Favorite TV show(s)?

The Wiggles, Rugrats, Wild Thornberrys.......Oh wait! Grown-Up TV? Well, the only show that I'll rush home to see is Sex and the City. And my newest favorite is Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, LOL.

Favorite movie(s)?

SW, of course
    It's a Wonderful Life
    What Dreams May Come
    Life is Beautiful

Favorite book or author?

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle

Favorite song or artist?

Varies according to my mood. The CD playing most in my car this week is "Fallen" by Evanescence.

Favorite quote?

"We are not yet what we should be, but we are growing towards it. This is not the end, but this is the road." -Martin Luther

Favorite holiday?

Christmas!

Optional:

First name?

Traci

Age?

Near Millington

Registered Nurse (currently working in a cardiovascular intensive care unit)

Misc:

In a nutshell - Married with Children. I spend a lot of time driving the minivan, LOL.

7. Star_Blazer_M31

Star_Blazer_M31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    Hallo, I'm Grace...and I have a very unhealthy Star Wars fixation. ^_^

Oooo...um...ever since I can remember. We'll just say since I was three. That's as far back as I can remember, anyway.

Describe your first SW movie experience
    Hmm...I'm not quite sure. The one that definately sticks out in my mind is Return of the Jedi. My brother would rent the movies whenever he could.

Prepare for the boos...The Phantom Menace

Favorite character?
    Darth Maul

Other SW interests
    Definately collecting, fan fiction, fan art, and costuming.

These may be too numerious to list here, but I'll put a few. I love astronomy (not astrology; there's a difference), drawing, reading, writing, surfing the web, watching fantasy (Lord of the Rings and Labyrinth) and Sci-Fi (Star Wars and DUNE), gaming, reading comics, and I love anything and everything CATS.

Favorite TV show(s)?
    Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Highlander, Andromeda

Favorite movie(s)?
    The Nightmare Before Christmas, DUNE, and Lord of the Rings

Favorite book or author?
    DUNE by Frank Herbert. GO PITER!!

Favorite song or artist?
    I have two. "Magic Dance" by David Bowie, and "Carry On" from the Sailor Moon soundtrack

Favorite quote?
    More that one here too.
    "It is by will alone, I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho the thoughts aquire speed. The lips aquire stains. The stains become a warning. It is by will alone, I set my mind in motion." -Piter de Vries, DUNE.

"The fate of billions will depend upon you! Hahahahahaha...sorry." -Rayden, Mortal Kombat

Favorite holiday
    None. As a Jehovah's Witness, I do not celebrate holidays.

First name
    D'oh! I'll just put Grace

I live in Midtown

Profession or college major
    I am an art and theatre major.

Misc:
    I hate stupid people. There. Now go away!
    ><

-Darth Grace*

8. Aravis_Antilles

Aravis_Antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2003
    Hi, I'm Joy, and I'm an SWEU-caholic (not catholic. Caholic.)

Since the seventh grade.

When I was in the seventh grade, my church had an all-niter in the gym on a big screen projector. They showed all three movies at the time, and I went home wearing my blanket like a cape and making Darth Vader noises.

So far, all of the first trilogy. The newest one was promising, but it doesn't have the ring of the first time about it. The creators are having to reach to find the spark that the first ones had.

Favorite character?
    Without a doubt, Tenel Ka.Or maybe Jacen and Jaina. I love the Extended Universe, and the newest characters retain the Star Wars Spark.

Other SW interests? (collecting, gaming, costuming, fan fiction, books/comics/EU, etc.)Extended Universe, absolutely. I also love RPGing in the universe and fan fiction.

About you:

Dune, Society for Creative Anachronism, Reading, Writing, Playing the Piano and the recorder, Acting, Directing, film work, Harry Potter, RPGing (Vamp the Masq and D&D, My wonderful fiance Jay.

Favorite TV show(s)?
    DARIA!!!

Favorite movie(s)?
    The Princess Bride,
    Hackers,
    Anti-trust,
    Lara Croft,
    The Knight's Tale,
    Anything by Mel Brooks,
    Anything by Monty Python,
    Dune,
    Star Wars,
    and Star Treks 1,3,4,5,and 10

Favorite book or author?
    Plural {hee hee.}
    Anne McCaffrey
    C.S. Lewis (Narnia series and Space series)
    Douglas Adams
    Robin McKinley
    The Neverending Story
    The Ear, The Eye, and The Arm
    Johnny Tremain
    Captains Courageous
    OF COURSE anything in the Star Wars EU EXCEPT the New Jedi Order. Those suck in my opinion.

Favorite song or artist?
    EVANESCENSE!!! WHOO!!!!
    Esp. Whisper

Favorite quote(s)?
    "If you would not be forgotten,
    As soon as you're dead and rotten,
    Either write something worth reading,
    Or do something worth writing."
    -Matrian
    "Courage is a virtue. Charisma is a responsibility."
    -Joy
    "To know a name is to remember them. To remember someone is to respect them. To respect someone is to honor them. To honor someone is to make a friend."
    -Joy

"As a wild @$$ in the desert, go I forth to my work."
    -Gurney Halleck, Dune

Favorite holiday?
    Christmas.

Optional:

First name?
    Joy

Age?
    Old enough to know better... oh well.

At the good ol' U of M.

Theater major. I want to direct eventually.

Misc:
    Hoping to run a Fan Force SW RPG.

9. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    General Star Wars stuff:

Ever since I saw the first commercial on TV back in '77. George had a hold on my young brain with his merchandising before I ever got to see the movie. (Maybe that's why I still collect SW figures!)

I saw it at the now long-gone Frayser Drive-in. My oldest sister's boyfriend, Todd Ray, (whom we all adored, and whom she didn't marry), took my sister and me to see it in his '74 Pinto. (Or maybe it was a Pacer....I don't know. I know that we were in danger of combustion should anyone rear-end the car....)

The Empire Strikes Back. George should let others direct. Definitely.

Favorite character?

Vader. No, Luke... No...Han. No.... Leia.... I guess it's a 4-way tie. (And I'm sure Tim the Enchanter would cast me off the bridge.)

Costuming, EU, Collecting, FanForce.

About you:

Music, theatre, opera, film editing, singing... Oh, and making my wife roll her eyes.

Favorite TV show(s)?

Six Feet Under, Sex and the City, Dead Like Me, Wings, Monster House, Trading Spaces, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and anything on TLC, Discovery, or NGC regarding Egyptology.

Favorite movie(s)?

You mean there are other movies aside from Star Wars? You don't say?

Amadeus
    Better Off Dead
    The Hudsucker Proxy
    Defending Your Life
    Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion
    Life Is Beautiful
    Steel Magnolias
    Forget Paris
    National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
    Groundhog Day
    Leap of Faith

and many, many more....

Favorite book or author?

"A Man Called Daddy" and "Tuesdays with Morrie"

Favorite song or artist?

"In the Ghetto" by Elvis. Yes, folks.....I'm coming out of that closet right now. I AM AN ELVIS FAN!

Really, it's a tie with "The Trumpets Shall Sound" and "I Know My Redeemer Liveth" from Handel's Messiah, which can be found in my car. It's not just for Christmas, you know.

Favorite quote?

I'm horrible with quotes, y'all. I'm straining to remember this wonderful quote by C.S. Lewis on how affection is responsible for the majority of our durable happiness, and yet here I am stuck with...

"Can I get you something to eat, Eddie? Can I drive you out to the middle of nowhere, leave you for dead?" from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Favorite holiday?

Christmas nut here! And I have the lights to prove it.

Optional:

First name?

Spartacus :p

Age?

Millingstone

Just one step above crack-whore, folks.....I'm a lumber and millwork salesman/billing manager.

10. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    Hi everyone! I think I posted here a long time ago but then stopped for some reason... a friend pointed me here again so... er here I am.

General Star Wars stuff:
    How long have you been a SW fan? Since I was 3.

Describe your first SW movie experience: My first movie in the theater was ESB, but I have no memory of it. I remember watching ESB on TV as a kid though. I liked Yoda. That's all I remember, lol.

Empire Strikes Back *g*

Favorite character?
    Han Solo

Other SW interests?
    I make a lot of costumes, and I used to do fanart. Haven't done fanart in a longtime though.

About you:
    LOTR, anime, video games... um... yeah :D

Favorite TV show(s)?
    Buffy, Space Ghost, MST3K

Favorite movie(s)?
    Marx Brothers movies, Monty Python and the Holy Grail...

Favorite book or author?
    Terry Pratchett

Favorite song or artist?
    Led Zeppelin, Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Emerald Rose

Favorite quote?
    "If I ever meet myself I'll hit myself so hard I won't know what's hit me"

Favorite holiday?
    Halloween :D

Optional:

First name?
    Kell
    Age?
    anybody's guess...
    Arlington
    Pharmacy Tech/Illustration major
    Misc:
    hey :D

11. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    General Star Wars stuff:

As long back as I can remeber so some time in the mid 80's

Describe your first SW movie experience:[ Which movie? When? Where? etc.
    Watching all three movies on HBO with my dad.

As a member of the Ewok Advocacy Group H.E.C.K. (Hey Ewoks Can Kill) I'd have to say, Return of the Jedi. And besides Speeder bikes are cool.

Favorite character?
    Yoda

I like the books, comics, and EU. I like Sw games like the RPG and the TCG.

About you:

I collect comics, I am a huge spiderman fan. I like Lord of the Rings and some other Fantasy stuff. I love the Dune books and some other sci-fi.

Favorite TV show(s)?
    I love Saturday Night Live, MST3k, Get Smart, Outer Limits.

Favorite movie(s)?
    Any Monte Python, Dune, Spider-Man, Spinal Tap

Favorite book or author?
    Favorite Book is Star ship Troopers, Favorite Author C. S. Lewis

Favorite song or artist?
    Favorite Artist is Sublime, Favorite Song is Simple Man by Lynrd Skynrd

Favorite quote?
    I am an Enchanter... There are some who call me, Tim?

Favorite holiday?
    Christmas! It's the only holiday that combines the unique aspects of all other holidays into one. You get presents lights, decorations, lot's of food, candy, desserts, costumes and plays. And its the holiday with the best movies.

Optional:

First name?
    Tim?

Age?

Frayser representing

Civil Engineering major

Misc:

Welcome Kell! nice website btw.

12. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    General Star Wars stuff:

25 years

Seeing ANH when I was seven with my aunt and uncle.

Return of the Jedi

Favorite character?
    Um..let me see, which character?? [face_laugh]

Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker - he rocks!

I do fanfiction and fanart - no sewing for me. 8-}

About you:

Reading, hanging out with friends, cooking, movies

Favorite TV show(s)?
    Sex in the City
    The Simpsons
    King of the Hill

Favorite movie(s)?

All 6 SW movies (of course...) :)
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Bridget Jones Diary
    Shawshank Redemption

Favorite book or author?
    SW - Troy Denning and Greg Bear
    non-SW - Nora Roberts

Favorite song or artist?

Evanesence -
    Bring Me to Life
    Tourniquet

Favorite quote?

Check the first two lines of the sig...

Favorite holiday?
    Halloween

Optional:

First name?
    Rhonda

Age?
    33 - yipes!

suburbs - G'town

Business Administration/Mgr IT solutions - major

Executive Asst. - profession

Misc.

Welcome Kell! Nice to have another SW chick around!

13. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    General Star Wars stuff: And I own quite a bit of it.

How long have you been a SW fan? Since the 70's

Describe your first SW movie experience: Which movie? It was Star Wars (A New Hope) at some Memphis theater in When? the 70's Where? In Memphis etc. Tennessee

Which is your favorite SW movie? New HOpe

Favorite character? Jar-Jar, because he really ticks people off!! LOL!! (I'm evil). Otherwise, Master Yoda

BTW, know what they call Yoda in the Swiss Alps? Yoda-Le-Hee-Hooooo! Get it, like a yodel and...nevermind.

Other SW interests? (collecting, gaming, costuming, fan fiction, books/comics/EU, etc.) I don't have a costume of SW, but I do have Darth Vader's head--er, helmet.

About you:

What other interests/hobbies do you have outside of SW? I'm a cartoonist and puppeteer, most infamous for my character Muley the Mule, www.picturetrail.com/muleythemule who is the Official SpokesMule of the Ronald McDonald House of Memphis, and I also am a HUGE fan of The Muppets, Peanuts, Ghostbusters and Blues Brothers and have a huge collection of those items.

Favorite TV show(s)? The Muppet Show

Favorite movie(s)? The Blues Brothers

Favorite book or author? The Tales of Uncle Remus by Joel Chandler Harris

Favorite song or artist? Soul Man, Muddy Waters

Favorite quote? On the plains of hesitation lies the sunbleached bones of those who, while on the verge of victory, stopped for a moment and died.

Favorite holiday? Halloween www.nightmarez.org

Optional:

First name? Kevin

Age? 31

Do you live in Memphis or one of the suburbs? UofM area

Profession or college major? Sales, flunky

Misc: I like lots and lots of mustard. I dunno...

14. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Welcome, Kell and Kevin! :D

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Wow...Two new members to the SMT. Welcome Kevin and Kell.

Actually, we really got three if we count Muley the Mule in the mix, which I think we should.

Kevin: Thanks for coming to our First Anniversary party. It was great seeing you again, and I hope that you'll join us at our next event.

Kell: And I hope you'll be joining us at the "Classic Trilogy Campout" on October 4th. From your costuming experience, I would hope that you could help us with costuming workshop meetings in the future. I was hoping to plan a few in the near future.
    BTW- Who was the friend who referred you to us? I remember you posting this time last year.

16. kellilla

kellilla Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    thanks!
    I don't believe she's posted yet, but she's Memphis area too so she'll be here eventually. *g*
    And I'm up for anything involving costumes, lol

17. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    A big welcome from me to Kenan and Kel! Wait a minute...I mean Kevin and Kel. Sorry about the confusion.

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    As usual, Steve found a way to read my mind. At least I didn't go there, but I almost did! :p

19. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Welcome Kevin. Dude Kenan and Kel was a good show, and now as I reminess i have a sudden urge for orange soda.

20. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    You know, the Waponi-Wu love Orange Soda.

Oh, sorry....I lapsed into a scene from Joe Versus the Volcano. I think these sinus meds are really affecting my thought processes.

21. cdillon

cdillon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2003
    Hi all, my name is Chad and I live in Jackson, TN.

General Star Wars Info
    For a long time. I am only 26 but remember having the toys as a kid.

I can't exactly remember. I think I saw ROTJ in the theater. I do know I saw it just don't remember where.

By far ROTJ is my favorite. I love to see Luke as on tough Jedi. I love the green saber too.

Favorite character?
    LUKE SKYWALKER BABY!!!

I am into the EU and collecting and hopefully I will be getting into some costumes too!

About me:
    I like motorcycles. They are cool! Also video games!

Favorite TV show(s)?
    MASH, I got all of the DVD's that are out, also The Screensavers and SportsCenter!

Favorite movie(s)?
    Other than SW it would be the Matrix and Braveheart.

Favorite quote?
    "Everyman dies, not every man truly lives."
    William Wallace--Braveheart
    "Do or Do not. There is not try."
    Yoda--TESB

Favorite holiday?
    Easter-The day my Savior rose.

Optional:

First name?
    Chad

Age?
    26, 27 on the 23rd of Oct.

Jackson, TN an hour East of Memphis

Youth Minister

Misc:
    sure!

22. GalandaofMinasTirith

GalandaofMinasTirith Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2003
    HEY!

Right on, man!!

Easter rocks, as does Braveheart!!!

(gasps in thoughts of a SW fanatic youth minister!)

Wahoo!!!!

Turns a flip.

23. cdillon

cdillon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2003
    A SW fanatic Youth Minister, you know that is kind of scary!

24. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Chad, finally some one else who realizes the greatness that is Return of the Jedi. You'd be surprised how many people don't rank that one up that high. I don't think a SW fanatic Youth Minister is that wierd. I myself am a Youth Sponsor at my church in Millington. You should hear the Star Wars offering analogy I wrote and read in one of the youth services.

25. Steja_Palex

Aug 18, 2001
    Tim, I'd really like to read that offering analogy you wrote. There's an awesome website called Ministry And Media that has some really good pop culture references to use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.