main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN The Official Meet and Greet Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi Trace, Aug 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdillon

cdillon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2003
    Yes Tim, Post it so I can read it too!

Chad

2. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    I'll see if I can find it and post it tonight.

-the other Tim

3. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    after a careful, arduos and oh so long search (ok so I only ran the 'find files or folders' window thingy but still) I regret to say I can't find it. I must have erased it or something.

I printed some out though so I may find it, but the gist of it was talking about how Han Solo was selfish and had an ungiving spirit at first which led him into trouble but eventually he turned around and started thinking of others and then he got out of trouble and I compared that to how God expects us to tithe and give to his kingdom. The moral, unless you want to end up frozen in carbonite sitting in Jabba's palace you better pay your tithes. :)

4. cdillon

Sep 25, 2003
    That's cool, as a matter of fact we have a member frozen in carbonite right now in our office because they refuse to tithe!!!

5. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Lol, different church same problems. Hey Chad if you don't mind me asking, what denomination are you? Just curious, I'm Assembly of God.

6. cdillon

Sep 25, 2003
    I am christian church/church of christ. We are like East Win Christian Church.

7. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    Ahh, I know some Church of Christ people around here. That's cool.

8. Ima_Toydarian

Ima_Toydarian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2003
    My mom's baptist, my dad's mormon, I had a jewish step-mother, and I went to a catholic school.

When people ask me what I am I usually just say 'confused!'

Lin

9. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    We were "Schmirnoffs" when we were kids.

I know, because dad did a ritual with it at sunrise and at sunset.

10. Ima_Toydarian

Ima_Toydarian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2003
    I'll drink to that- no, wait- I don't drink...

I know- I'll EAT to that!

Lin

11. Sargonnas

Sargonnas Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2003
    Ok, I'm one of the new guys so here goes.

I've only been a SW fan about 14 years. I didn't get into it untill I found the SWRPG from West End Games.

I got to see A New Hope when it premered. I was about 5 and only bearly rember going :). As for where, do you guys know where the Book Star is on poplar? It used to be a theater, that is where I saw it :).

My favorite SW movie is ESB.

As for my favorite cha.? Thats a toss up between Chewbacca and Darth Vader. Go figure.

Other SW interest of my are first and formost the RPG., and I have read many of the books.

About Me...

I'm married 11 years now. Have a son he's almost 10. I was in the Army about 6 years. I collect comis (I've got about 4k), RPGs, retro toys (trans formers mostly). I mostly just like to read, roleplay, and play computer games. (I'm such a looser :))

My favorite TV shows include Smallvile, Buffy, Angle, Gillmore Girls...Prety much if its on the WB or UPN I'll watch it.

SW all (of course), Spiderman, Excaliber, highlander only the first one, Indyanna Jones all three, and a slew of others I wont put here.

My favorite writers are peter david and jk wroling. Favorite books are all the Harry Poter books and any thing that peter david writes.

Hmm..Favorite song or artist...Well What I Am by Edie Brickell is my theme song.

Well can't think of a favorite quote.

My favorite time of the year is fall OCT NOV.

First name Lancil
    Age 30
    I live in Raleigh.

12. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Glad to have you with us!

Question: Do you go by Lancil or by Lance?

(And holler if you don't like being addressed by your real name on our boards. I prefer doing this because it's much more personal, especially since most of us have met in person.)

13. Sargonnas

Sargonnas Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2003
    My wife and mother call me Lancil. My friends tend to call me Lance. Im not picky :).

And no I dont care if you all call me Lance on the boards.

14. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Welcome Lance! I lived in Raleigh for a few years after I graduated from college and we're not too far from you now in Millington. Looking forward to meeting you. :)

15. cdillon

Sep 25, 2003
    Welcome Lance
    From a fellow noobie in the SMT.

Chad

16. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    I'm not too far from you either. Frayser in da hizouse.

-Tim

17. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Ah, Lance- we'll get along just fine...

I, too am a comic collector (lost count MANY years ago), big fan of Buffy and the first Highlander (there can be only ONE!), and Smallville. I'm also a big Batman fan (although I could've done without the last couple bat-flicks!), and I dig 'Stargate', 'Enterprise', and any of those home improvement shows- even though you couldn't tell it by the look of my house!

Hope to see you at our upcoming get-togethers!

Lin

Oh- I live not too far from the Bookstar on Poplar, and actually got to do a booksigning there last year for 'Ramblings With Redde: Why My Life Is Like A Bad 'B' Flick'- I did the illustrations. I saw ANH at the Whitehaven Cinema when I was about 10-11, ESB at the Park theater down the street from the Polar one, and ROTJ at the Mall Of Memphis.

18. Sargonnas

Sargonnas Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2003
    Yes, Lin I think we will get along fine :)

I fell in love with the batman mithos when the first movie came out. I've been collecting all his titles ever sence.

Thanks for all the wellcomes, and I look foward to meating you all.

Lance.

19. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    I'm a spider-man fan myself. Have something like 300-400 spiderman comics alone. Green Lantern has always been my fave DC because GReen is my fave color and he just looks so cool.

20. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I was a big Spidey and Batman fan as a kid- the Adam West show and animated Spiderman cartoons were on WAY back then. I've still got the Adam West looking figure from my 3rd birthday cake- along with a few rooms full of other guanno. If I ever figure out how to post some pick with a post I'll show you some of it. Lots, of Spidey, X-Men, and Hulk stuff, too. Most of that and the majority of my Star Wars stuff is packed away. Now Sal- he's got a Star Wars stash!

I dig GL, but red more of the Flash and Batman as a kid. I got to meet Joe Staton at the last fantasy con and got him to sign some Huntress and GL books for me- great guy.

Lin

21. AzraelHorn

AzraelHorn Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2003
    How long have you been a SW fan?
    Always

Describe your first SW movie experience: Which movie? When? Where? etc.
    ROTJ was the first movie I ever saw in a theater and I believe I was either 2 1/2-3 in St. Louis

Which is your favorite SW movie?
    ESB. By far the best of the bunch story wise.

Favorite character?
    Movies: Luke
    EU: Corran and Jacen

Other SW interests? (collecting, gaming, costuming, fan fiction, books/comics/EU, etc.)
    Gaming, Fan Fic, Comics, EU

About you:

What other interests/hobbies do you have outside of SW?
    Well, I'm working on writing my first novel, as well as some short stories for various Sci-fi mags. I love to read and listen to music. I co-own and run my own forum, and I follow all the news and rumors for movies, games, etc.

Favorite TV show(s)?
    Smallville, Highlander, ST: DS9

Favorite movie(s)?
    SW movies, Dune (Sci-Fi channel version), Boondock Saints, Gladiator, Ailens, Die Hard, X2, Spider-Man, Matrix Trilogy, and many many more.

Favorite book or author?
    SW: Traitor by Stover and I, Jedi by Stackpole
    Non-Sw: Dune, by Frank Herbert, The Icarus Hunt by Tim Zahn

Favorite song or artist?
    Skillet is my favorite band.

Favorite quote?
    Wow...so many yet I can't think of really good ones when I want to.
    "Evil is the dark and I am a light that destorys the darkness."- Me
    "To know the future is to be trapped by it." -Paul from Dune
    "Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us that do." -Someone from the Office.
    "I did absoloutly nothing and it was everything that I thought it could be." -Peter from Office Space
    "If Clark wanted to, he could use his superspeed and squish me into the cement. But I know how he thinks. Even more than the kryptonite, he's got one big weakness. Deep down, Clark's essentially a good person ... and deep down, I'm not."
    ? Batman, BATMAN #612

Favorite holiday?
    Eh, Christmas and Holloween I guess. They'll be fun again when I have kids.

Optional:

First name?
    Randy

Age?
    23 in May

Do you live in Memphis or one of the suburbs?
    Shelby County, near Germantown

Profession or college major?
    Youth Minister, Writer (Working on it), about to be an Urban Ministry Major when I go back to school.

Misc:
    Um...not sure what else people would want to know about me. I'm pretty open so feel free to ask or talk to me on one of the three IM things I'm on (AIM, Yahoo, and MSN). i guess from looking at the previous posts I could talk a bit about my church background for those interested. I started out Assemblies of God then I went to a Church of God University, but I don't really like denominations so I don't consider myself a part of either or (even though I may be a Youth Pastor for an AG church soon hopefully). When people ask me I just tell them I'm not denominational. Then I have to explain how being not denominational is different than being non-denom simply because, dispite the name, non-denom is actually considered a denomination. Ironic isn't it? :D

22. TK_1427

TK_1427 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2003
    Well I've been around for awhile but I never saw this so here's my contribution:

General Star Wars stuff:

How long have you been a SW fan? Since May 15th, 1977 when I first seen ANH.

Describe your first SW movie experience: Which movie? When? Where? etc. As stated above. It was awesome. I remember just sitting there eyes as big as basketballs, jaw on the floor and soaking up every ounce of the experience.

Which is your favorite SW movie? ANH because it was the first and what got me hooked.

Favorite character? Stormtrooper (of course!!!)

Other SW interests? (collecting, gaming, costuming, fan fiction, books/comics/EU, etc.) Obviously costuming as being a member of the 501st. Prop building/collecting.

About you:

What other interests/hobbies do you have outside of SW? Playing guitar.

Favorite TV show(s)? 24, All CSI's, Without A Trace, NCIS, JAG....

Favorite movie(s)? Other than SW, too many to list or try to figure out.

Favorite book or author? I really don't read. But I'd have to say Timothy Zahn since he made the 501st official EU characters.

Favorite song or artist? Too many to list. Basically all 80's Hair Metal.

Favorite quote? "It wasn't me, I wasn't in town that weekend!"

Favorite holiday? Halloween

Optional:

First name? Chuck

Age? 33

Do you live in Memphis or one of the suburbs? Raliegh area.

Profession or college major? I was in Law Enforcement but a career change was needed so now I attend ITT Tech majoring in Information System Security.

23. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Thanks for sharing!

Hope school's going well for you, Chuck.

Randy,- hope you can make it out to MSC or one of our SMT events.

As far as denominatons go, my mom is Baptist, my Dad is Mormon, I had a Jewish step-mother, and I went to a catholic school. So when folks ask me what I am I usually just say, "Confused!"

24. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
  25. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Computer Aided/assisted Drafting, right? Or does it mean you're a 'cad'?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.