main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official "Meet Maggy, or else!!!!" thread

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by Spike2002, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suzijedi

suzijedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    Er, yes...4!

2. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    thanks for the comic shop roundup, suzi :)

i haven't even seen most of them. i would like to add travelling man to the list, though, as they keep promising to get me that bukowski book and they don't deliver but generally i prefer them to forbidden planet which seems to be all about the money. just an opinion, though.

affleck's palace would be fun to visit with you guys, for the sheer number of opportunities to embarrass people :p as for exhibitions and things... there is always the art gallery with i have forgotten what they exhibit then (i missed some design stuff due to laziness) and then there is manchester museum itself, a kind of smaller version of the british museum, whitworth art gallery down oxford street, which i have never been to. they currently have an exhibition on indigo and denim on display, which reminds me how badly i crave a proper denim skirt. urbis is there, which i have only seen the shop of...

just off the top of my hat.

3. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    We could always go down to Salford quays if anyone fancys that, doesn't take that long to get there by the tram.

4. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    Sounds good Darth_F!
    Coz- what's at Salford Quays...shops?

Also, there was talk of going to Jilly's....are those of us with good music taste going there....? :p

5. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Well the Quays has The Lowry, The Lowry Outlet Mall, Imperial War Museum North and a few other things too :p

http://www.thequays.org.uk/

I'm still for going to Jilly's :D

6. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    clubbing! [face_dancing] what is good taste in music, though?

i know that i will very likely not be available for anything on the saturday morning but the afternoon and i will work out, i'm sure. and the evening and night :D

last time i went to salford quays me and my friend got stuck there due to manU match with whoever (still don't know the results) and waited for bus which never came (tis a long long walk) so why don't you go there and look at it without me? and don't miss out on the buddha bags in the mall? please?

7. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    What time is everyone planing on getting into Manchester on the Firday? I was just talking to Maggy and she told me she would be over on the same day. If the times are good maybe we could get a drink or somthing?

8. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    Well, I think us from the NE will get there sometime between 7-8pm......

9. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Well Maggy get back from Edinburgh about that time too, how does everyone feel about doing something that night?

10. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    wow some movement :p
    comic shops sounds great :)

then I make sure I'm there around 7-8 pm

11. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    I'm fine with doing something Fri night

12. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    yessum, friday night!

13. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
  14. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    Aye, that looks OK- the Planetarium show could be good.....a wander round an art gallery might be nice too.....

Tim- u booked your room yet?

15. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    haven't been to that museum, would love to go.

16. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    this looks cool :D

17. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    So Maggy is there anythng you'd like to do, since it is your day? :p

Well there is The Lowry at the quay as well as the Manchester Art Gallery too

18. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    and the whitworth, which i'll exclusively check out on saturday it seems.

19. VenHalcyon

VenHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2005
    I'm very sorry to have to do this - but i'm going to have bail out of coming to this - I have to do some work on my house and the only weekend i can get stuff delivered is this weekend of the 10th, :(

I may still be able to come through on Saturday evening and get a late train back home from Manchester, we'll see!

Sorry guys, :-(

20. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Well we don't all have to do the same thing in the day, if ppl want to do different things we could split up then meet again for lunch and again in the evening.

21. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Doesn't that kinda defeat the object of a big meet up?

22. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    not, i'm goning *this* saturday. not the next. so i can tell you if it's worth it.

23. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Having been in the history of art department at Manchester Uni for 5 years, which has close links to the Whitworth Art Gallery, and knowing this group - it isn't worth you all going there tbh. Martina will enjoy it I think, but as an activity for our group, nah. Something more physical is needed, more a museum would be better - you have the Science Museum and Granada Studios next to each other. Manchester Museum on Oxford Road in the uni area is also worth a visit.

I've booked a twin room Coz btw.

24. ForceGhostOfCozmic

Apr 25, 2005
    Sort of sucks that they closed down the Granada Studios Tours, I cool with what anyone wants to do that weekend. Nothing really that I'm desperate to do.

All good Tim [face_peace] I asked Sie about sharing and he was still cool with it.

25. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Not really, If some ppl wanted to do different things through the day we'd still have our big meetup on the evenings when we do what ever it is we want to do.

Better that than everyone do stuff they don't want to just so we can all stick together, but just an idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.