main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Millennium Falcon Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Star Wars: Millennium Falcon
    James Luceno
    Release Date: October 21, 2008
    Hardcover 336 pages

[image=http://www.chriskrycho.com/pictures/MFpic.jpg]

Climb aboard, buckle up, and prepare to jump to hyperspace for the ultimate flight on the ship that launched a thousand fates!

Two years have passed since the defeat of Darth Caedus, the former Jacen Solo. For a grieving Han and Leia, the shadow of their son's tragic downfall still looms large. But Jacen's own bright and loving daughter, Allana, offers a ray of hope for the future as she thrives in her grandparents' care. The eager, inquisitive and Force-strong girl makes a curious discovery aboard her grandfather's beloved spacecraft -- the much-overhauled but ever-dependable Millennium Falcon. The Solo family then finds itself at a new turning point, about to set out on an odyssey into uncertain territory, untold adventure, and unexpected rewards.

To Han, who knows every bolt, weld, and sensor of the Falcon as if they were parts of himself, the strange device Allana shows him is utterly alien. But its confounding presence -- and Allana's infectious desire to unravel its mystery -- are impossible to dismiss. The only answer lies in backtracking into the past on a fact-finding expedition to retrace the people, places, and events in the checkered history of the vessel that's done everything from making the Kessel Run "in less than twelve parsecs" to helping topple an evil Empire.

From the moment the Falcon broke loose from a Corellian assembly line like an untamed creature with a will of its own, it seemed destined to seek out trouble. It wasn't long before the feisty YT-1300 freighter went from shuttling cargo to smuggling contraband. But it's a fateful rendezvous on Coruscant, at the explosive height of the Republic/Separatist uprising, that launches a galaxywide cat-and-mouse game whose newest players are Han, Leia, Allana and C-3PO. And they're not alone: Crime lords, galactic pirates, rogue politicians and fortune hunters alike loom at every turn of the quest -- each with his or her own desperate stake in the Millennium Falcon's most momentous mission.

Through the years and across the stars, from the Rim Worlds to points beyond, the race will lead them all to a final standoff for a prize some will risk everything to find -- and pay any cost to possess.

Star Wars: Millennium Falcon is by James Luceno, the best-selling author of Dark Lord, Cloak of Deception, The Unifying Force and Labyrinth of Evil. It is due out in hardcover from Del Rey Books in October, 2008.

Previous discussion can be found [link=http://boards.theforce.net/literature/b10003/28381238/r29093175/][b]here[/b][/link].

2. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    Do we have an exact date in October, Master_Keralys?

3. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Does anyone know if we will get some Luke and Ben storyline in this? In the little blurb it just talked about Han, Leia and Allana but it can't just be about them. In the blurb from Invincible it said that Luke was going to find out about Jacen, but maybe that's for Fate of the Jedi right?

4. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Release date is October, 21st.

Hmm...This thread seems early.

5. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Which hopefully means that someone has got some spoilers already. :)

6. Corusca_One

Corusca_One Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2005
    I'm a little surprised I missed the fact this was set two years after LotF. Must mean its pretty much the lead in novel to FotJ? Leaves Blood Oath to carry the weight of the unknown for those two years however... Unless the Kemp novel featuring Jaden will also be set pre-MF.

I've got high hopes for this, but it could be in danger of getting sandwiched between two massive epic storylines?

7. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Rocks fall, everyone dies.

8. PadmeA_Panties

PadmeA_Panties Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    The Kemp novel is about Jaden?

9. DarthBroox

DarthBroox Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2003
    Revealed via his live journal:

http://paulskemp.livejournal.com/204377.html

10. Sir_Gideon

Sir_Gideon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 29, 2008
    Given that Palpatine has become one of Mr. Luceno's favorite and best-written characters, is it safe to conclude that he will make a presence or mention in this book as being involved with the incident "at the height of the Republic/Separatist" uprising?

11. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Canon appearance hoooooooo.

12. Master_Keralys

Oct 8, 2003
    We usually launch the threads one month before the official release dates. I put it up one day early because we're often not around on Sundays as much, and we got complaints about putting up the last couple of threads late. Didn't figure you'd all complain. I think it seems early because we've heard so little about it, likely thanks to the switch in publication dates between this and Mindor.

13. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I would've thought this book would fit in better just after NJO. And speaking of NJO, when did Han ditch the black paint job?

14. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Wow, an official thread for this already. But I guess it makes sense. Time flies.

I don't buy hardcover, so I'll rely on those who post in this thread to spoil it hard core for me when it comes out :D

And about Jaden Korr in Kemp's novel, I am not sure the book is about him. Kemp's blog notes the character will be featured as ONE of the lead characters. There is a difference.

It may turn out the book is about Jaden, but based on what we know so far, we can't make that assumption just yet.

15. Master_Keralys

Oct 8, 2003
    It's about Jaden. This thread isn't. (Meant gently, of course. ;) )

Also, I edited the "previous discussion" link in the first post in the thread, since, you know... it went to the wrong previous discussion thread. :p

16. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002

Yeah, I know [face_worried]

17. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    Thanks. I'll mark it on my calendar.

18. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    Good thought.

Through the years and across the stars, from the Rim Worlds to points beyond, the race will lead them all to a final standoff for a prize some will risk everything to find -- and pay any cost to possess.

Given Palpatine's obsession with The Chosen One, maybe it has something to do with Allana and the Skywalker bloodline.
    We have our guess-timations from The Legacy series about the descendants of Luke, but Allana's is still out there I guess.

19. PadmeA_Panties

PadmeA_Panties Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Color me confused; but what does Palpatine have to do with Allana?

20. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    I doubt there's really anything left at point X when they eventually get there. Or if there is something left, it will get destroyed. Like in Indy movies. Afterwards, some dialogue about how it's the voyage that matters, not what you receive as a reward in the end, as the adventure is a reward in itself. The typical stuff.

What comes to Allana, Legacy and her fate, I doubt we find much about that in MF - no mysterious visions about her future or that kind of stuff - and neither in the whole new contract. She's probably just a kid and her future undecided and Legacy without appearances by her (possible) descendants when the new contract ends.

21. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Don't know if some would consider this a spoiler but Sue said Here that Han, Leia and Allana make it back safely from their adventure. I hope that the answer behind the mysterious device isn't something too stupid and/or contrieved.

22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Ah crap, they gave away the ending!

I'm not going to read it now. I mean seriously, how could they do that? Most of us wouldn't have expected a conclusion like that in a million years!

23. UltimateMandalore

UltimateMandalore Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 2, 2006
    We already knew that Allana was going to survive. She is suppose to be a Hapan Queen Mother later on. Jacen had a vision of it in one book. And this is a spoilers allowed thread I don't think we need spoiler tags, right?

24. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I wonder if Tenel Ka's gonna be even mentioned in the book...

25. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    We don't need spoiler tags but people still use them anyways. If you think it's bad with 'em now wait until someone actually gets the book, we'll be needing to highlight entire pages of this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.