main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Millennium Falcon Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    Well I was in end work/finals/graduation mode when this book hit the shelves and I got to it a little late and finished it with questions - but no time to join in on the forums. Subsequently I couldn't find the thread, lol. But now I have found it and I can say that it was a good book, I enjoyed the reading and it was great when I took breaks to pick up and have a little entertainment in all the flurry of life.

I too was a little bemused by the ship's mind of its own, and like others have said, also because that seemed to impact Han's piloting skills to some degree, degrading them a bit. Who is doing the flying here? But all in all, I just decided to keep my previous notions about Han intact and allow the ship its special place off the canon radar a little.

I was confused as to why Allana was suddenly fearful and wary about Jacen because in LOTF she had been quite amiable about "Daddy" last I recalled. I could only imagine we were supposed to believe that Tenel Ka had sowed seeds of distrust in the time Allana was with her after she left Jacen. But it would have been nice if they had clarified that point because Allana had already figured out her dad would never hurt her back in LOTF and had worked through that trauma point. And Leia being the one to say Jacen would never hurt Allana was a little odd too, considering her LOTF portrayal in that regard. On the LOTF point, I also thought it a little odd that the final disposition of Jacen wasn't mentioned. Tossed into space? An Imperial funeral? Slapped in the ground with nobody (including his parents) present, or what?

I liked the prologue relative to Daala, Seff, and the Jedi that was woven into the tale, and I agree with those who felt that Luceno was able to do so without taking too much away from his main MF storyline.

Overall an enjoyable read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.