main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN The Official Minnesota FF Harry Potter Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bria, Dec 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Well, we make it to the newspaper. Well, our picture didn't at least. Anne's brother Michael is on the front page, and mentioned in the article. As the reporter only interviewed him, there really couldn't be much about us. But we were mentioned, I do believe... the bit about Penelope, Hermione, and Lavender... I'm sure that was us. You can see it for yourself here (you'll have to copy/paste as the url is too long): http://www.edenprairienews.com/main.asp?FromHome=1&TypeID=1&ArticleID=4243&SectionID=2&SubSectionID=2

I can try to get copies, any of you would like. They cost $1. :)

2. AlieGamer

AlieGamer Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2003
    Well, it's taken me since I got the book to finally get the forums to send me a password so I could log into the boards...

So, I'm the nicest Slytherin? I'm very flattered! :D
    The pictures came out awesome, BTW. You can't even tell I have braces! YES! Ooh... But my mother did make that sweater of mine just a LITTLE big. Goodness, I'm not THAT fat. Then again, after She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, I'm a supermodel, no?

So, like, I'm only at Harry's hearing before the Ministry... I just stare dolefully at my book going "Oh God.... Can I really deal with who dies? I cried for CEDRIC. Ohhhh...." But yeah, I'm gonna finish it. Once I get up the nerve, it'll be done in no time flat. After that, I may need a support group. I'll pay for the pizza and pop and ya'll can console me. C'mon, you know you want to...

Addit: Heh. Doesn't the Admiral Daala icon look just a touch like an older Ginny Weasley? Anyway! If you still need a receipt, Bria, you can have mine. I know how much it sucks when you can't return something like that.

3. MaraJW

MaraJW Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    It's good to see ya here! I was beginning to think we scared you away!

Your right, it does look like an older Ginny! I never noticed that before!

Hope to see you at an event soon! Have fun reading! I almost wish I would have taken longer to read my book because I didn't want it to ever end! When I was down to the last hundred pages it took so much effort to sit and read. I didn't want it to end!

Welcome! :)

*Beware of She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named!!!! :D*

4. AlieGamer

AlieGamer Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2003
    Yeah! I'm looking forward to the events.
    Any of ya going to CONvergence? My dad and I just decided we're going. I hope you will, I'm dying to see you guys again! I promise I'll be done with the book by then so we can all lament our loss. Oh PLEASE say you're going. :p I'm just so entirely excited now! ..Okay, so I'm on a sugar high too, but.. *grin*

5. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Alison! YEAH! We've been waiting for you to show up!

You bet we'll be at CONvergence! Check out the numerous threads on the subject. :) Saturday night find the flannel party and you'll definately find us. :D

6. AlieGamer

AlieGamer Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2003
    I just read the "Temple of Flannel" thing. I knew that flannel shirt I nicked from my cousin would come in handy sometime. This'll be great! Oh, I'll be the geek and wear my "Remember Cedric" button that I forgot for the release party too. :p

7. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Coolness!!

After reading Book 5 I now want a Tshirt that says, "Dumbledore's Army" :D

8. AlieGamer

AlieGamer Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2003
    Check your PMs Riibu! :D

9. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Riibu
    Yep,
    DA shirts would be a good idea. WOW how long until year 6??
    Reb

10. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Oh my! You made it! I thought we'd lost you. :) Feel free to Introduce yourself Good luck on finishing OOTP. It's a LOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGG book! And don't worry about spoilers, we have another thread for discussing the plot of OOTP. ;)

If you still need a receipt, Bria, you can have mine. I know how much it sucks when you can't return something like that.

My friend Lisa (the short one in Muggle clothes) bought her copy with a check, and let me have her receipt. As her check had cleared the bank, I was able to get cash back. Thanks though! :)

Heh. Doesn't the Admiral Daala icon look just a touch like an older Ginny Weasley? Anyway! If you still need a receipt, Bria, you can have mine. I know how much it sucks when you can't return something like that.

Well, I suppose... but I'm really not a fan of Admiral Daala's, and I have a hard time matching up a picture of a character I don't like with one I do. :D ;)

After reading Book 5 I now want a Tshirt that says, "Dumbledore's Army"

[face_laugh] That'd rock! :cool: I was just over in fanfic reading my favorite Anakin/Tahiri Lando/Tendra story and someone had an OOTP sig about Luna. It was great. :D

WOW how long until year 6??

Wouldn't we all like to know? :( I've read in interviews that JKR has started book 6, but that's as much as I know. I'm HOPING we'll see it by the end of 2004, but we could very well see Episode 3 before we see book 6... :_|

11. AlieGamer

AlieGamer Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2003
    Oh my gosh. I just read about Looney Lovegood. She's.... Very interesting.. Very much so. So yeah! Excited for CONvergence and stuff! When ya'll gonna be there? We should meet up! It'd be good times! And stuff.

12. Bria

May 15, 1999
    I got a link today through LJ for a place that has wands. It's a lot less than Alivans. :)

Too long to link to directly, but here's the url to cute and paste:
    http://www.thewandshop.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=TWS&Category_Code=AW

13. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    12 bucks huh?

Let me check Manards and see if I can't come up with something a bit cheaper for you.

14. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Cool! I don't think I really like the handles...I can't remember if they're all thick and screwdriver-like in the movies, but there's something that just seems wrong about them. There were a couple wands on there that didn't have the thick handle though...

ANYway, may I say that you gals with the HP costumes are awesome, and that I'm quite jealous? :)

15. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Bria, what does your sig line mean? "If I could have, I wouldn't have left it"??

16. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Awesome, Doright. Thanks. :)

Thanks for the compliments, Sara. I couldn't have done it without Rosemary. ;)

My sig is one of the lines (in Spanish) from U2's song Bad. The song just sort of suits me and some of what I've gone through/felt, and have had to deal with as of late.

17. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Ahhh, "If I could, I would let it go".

Good song.

18. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Ahhh, "If I could, I would let it go".

Exactly. ;)

Good song. :) GREAT band. :cool:

19. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    They're one of my favorite bands. I've never seen them live, have you? Last time they were in Mpls, I didn't know anyone going, so I didn't go. Stupid, I know. It must have been either fall '00 or spring '01.

20. Bria

May 15, 1999
    No, I haven't seen them in concert. I remember when they were here on Elevation. I wanted to be downtown for two things that evening, the concert and the Twins vs Yankees games. However, once their new album is out and they're on tour, I WILL NOT MISS IT. Oh, you may be interested in visiting the U2 fan discussion to talk U2. ;)

Now, back to HP... has anyone else been to this website?

I LOVE the Azkaban Redemption (Sirius + my fav non-SW movie :D) and Hermoulin Rouge! [face_love]

Not so impressed with Star Wands as they're using AOTC backgrounds and OT characters. They should've done Ani/Padmé/Obi, IMO.

21. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    I think this one's my favorite:

[image=http://www.giverius.com/2002/images/clockworkyellow.gif]

this one's good too:

[image=http://www.giverius.com/holloween/images/snickyhollow.gif]

Harry is so going down the Dark path. Refusing to "let go of his anger" and all that...he had more "uh oh" Dark-ish tendancies in Order of the Phoenix than Anakin in AotC!

What would be really cool (though it'll never happen) is if Harry becomes a dark wizard and finally faces and defeats Voldemort because of his hate and lust for power. He could easily be heading that way...this kid has so much anger it's frightening, plus a short temper, a healthy dose of paranoia, refusal to follow rules or directions, a habit of holding grudges, and the talent to wreak some serious havok. Think about it.

22. MaraJW

MaraJW Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    True. Then again, Harry reminds me of my brother, who is the same age as Harry in this book. It's most likely just what teenagers act like, only Harry really DOES have a lot of the world after him.

23. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Yes, I've been wondering if maybe that's the case...I don't remember ever going through such an *angry* stage though. Maybe it's a male thing. I'll try to remember to ask some males. :p :)

Anyway, I'm sure that's how it will be in the books--just a phase in the "growing" process of Harry. And yes, I know that sounds like I'm calling him a plant, but I don't care. :)

24. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Of course this is just a growing stage.

Harry went through two phases in this book. First was the, "Whiney Luke on Tatooine" phase. Next was the, "Cocky Luke I'm going to save all of my friends and the whole galaxy all by myself" phase. I think Book 6 will be a transition period for him, before he gets to the, "Mature Luke who finally got a haircut" phase in Book 7.

25. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    so when will he get to Luke who chokes Gamorians, Smacks Boba Fett, Slices up a sail barge, and Kicks Vader's @#$ Phase?

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.