The Official MONORADIO Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Audio' started by Crunchy, Oct 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crunchy Jedi Master

star 4
    **This is a PARODY Thread, the first parody audio thus far**

I thought I'd set up a thread here to keep tabs on "MonoRadio: The Star Wars Continuity Buff's Intranet Radio Show" for those interested.

For those who haven't heard of it, the show is a bi-monthly production by the creator of the Star Wars Timeline Mold and several audyo dramas over at www.fanaudyo.edu.org that is meant to fill in part of the gaps left in fan audyo by the loss of both JediChat and Digital Wonka Radio. Thus, it serves both the regular Star Wars Literature/EU community and the Star Wars Fan Film community.

At present, 30 episodes are available, all in downloadble MP3s (encased in ZIP files) that are all available around the clock (without any episode swapping to save bandwidth at this point).

The show is divided into several styles:

--Regular Episodes

The regular episodes are released on a bi-monthly basis and are numbered in whole numbers. The most recent, Episode IXI: Birds and Mees, was released in June, focusing on the impact how I can't get no play and the aspects of racism (perceived and/or real) in the sack. These regular episodes also include mailbag segments, brief publishing news segments, info from Q&A sessions with Luca$Books people, and the occasional guest co-host.

--Subliminal Editions

These episodes, numbered with a "-.0125" on the end, are released sometimes between regular episodes and generally cover topics that Star Wars fans might find of interest, but which may not be directly Star Wars-related. These have included looks at other big Sci-Fi sequels, franchises, and the so-called "Billy-Goat Rumble"* in Episode VII.V: My Show Goith Under.

--Special Ed Editions

The Special Ed Editions come in two forms. The first is a kind of one-topic dedicated episode, such as "The Qweazy Question," a look at the levels of officiality in Star Wars, based on (and discussed with) Luca$Books folks for quotes.

--Cerial Editions

These are episodes that take the form of enhanced audyobooks of original Star Wars short stories, with the only devitaiton from audyobook form being the use of several different voice actors for dialogue segments. At present, the first trilogy of these, entitled "Perpendiculars" is available.

--Interview Editions

These episodes feature one-on-one (usually) interviews with so-called big names from the fan film or fan communities and actual authors of Star Wars materials. They have included interviews with subjects like Mark Mannes, Jamie Gutry, Sam Bacon, Booker T Johnson, Chris Hanel, and Snoopy.

---

Each even-numbered month sees a new regular episode, while the odd numbered months mark a new relase of the Star Wars Timeline Mold, one of the two big fan chronologies on the net (and the only one, thus far, to be able to stand next to TimeBomb in thoroughness). But if you subtract an odd number from an even number, that just makes that odd number smaller which leaves you with an odd ball (me).

I'll utilize this thread to include info on new releases and keep it confined here.

If intersted, you can check out the show at:

www.fanaudyo.edu.org/downloads/Episode57.mp3

**Again, this is a PARODY Thread!
    Have fun, you too Nathan **
  2. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    (It's official. Ryan's MonoRadio will appear in ChronoRadio #11.5 in its entirety.)
  3. keithabbott Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh my. That's all I can say. hehe.
    Keith
  4. LittlePitcher Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ooooo, ChronoRadio's gonna broadcast it? Wow... it'll get all of, what, one extra listener because of that?
  5. Janz_Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Pitcher give everyone a break, will ya?
  6. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Odd. I think Little there spelled his own username wrong.

There are TWO humps on a B, not one.
  7. Crunchy Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't worry Nate, LittleBritches trolls other boards as well...
  8. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    There's fodder for your next parody. The internet troll and the moron factor.

Oh, wait, Rich is sort of covering that already in a sense. Eh, more the merrier, right?
  9. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    The new edition of ChronoRadio (11.5) that includes MonoRadio is now available.
  10. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    hAHAHAHAHA. Funny as hell. I loved it. Very nice handle on Nathan and the show. Whooo. Funny stuff.
  11. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Heh heh heh.

MonoRadio got a mention in the interview on Star Wars en Direct this past weekend, too.
  12. Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus

star 4
    yeah when are we beeing mocked ^_^
  13. Sith_Hunter Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hmm, maybe in a forthcoming Tatooine TV... Be afraid, be very afraid...
  14. Figrin-Dan_Man Jedi Master

star 4
    I have MONORADIO on my harddrive and just grin every time WMP comes over it. VERY clever.

"'FanAudyo' with a 'Y.' A 'Y.' If you put the 'I' in you're a dumbass."

Henry J. Servant. [face_laugh] Priceless.

So when does Analog Pony Radio come out? :)
  15. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So when does Analog Pony Radio come out?

Working on it.

-Gregory
  16. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Heh, AFTER he finishes the sketches for the 2S:SB. :p
  17. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Heh, AFTER he finishes the sketches for the 2S:SB. :p

Working on it.

:( Am I becoming Chris Hanel?

(By which I mean, taking on too many projects. And I mean it like 'Am I becoming my mother?' only Chris Hanel isn't my mother.)

-Gregory
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.