*The Official* Monthly Collecting Forum Newsletter: Issue 2, October 2005

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Issue 2, October 2005

Welcome to the second issue of the STAR WARS Collecting Community Forum Newsletter!

This newsletter is designed to help keep our collecting community ?in the know? of up and coming events, new toy releases, hot collectibles, and interviews with forum members!

Feedback is appreciated :) I will keep events listed in each newsletter until they?ve passed their end date, so that people who might?ve missed the previous newsletters won?t feel left out :) Many of the items here in this issue are brought to you by RebelScum.com ? many thanks to our partner site for all of the GREAT goodies :D

The newsletter will be bi-tri-weekly (unless there?s nothing new to report!)

If you have any information that you would like to contribute to the newsletter (particularly information regarding up and coming Comic Book/Action figure/Toy Shows, etc) please PM me: PadmeLeiaJaina and I will happily include the information in the next newsletter :)

Back Issues:

To View Issue 1, September 2005

Up and Coming Events!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lucasfilm Sponsored Events!

DRESSING THE GALAXY: The Costumes of STAR WARS Exhibit

[Image=http://starwars.fidm.edu/index/homepage_02.jpg]

Location: Los Angeles, California at the FIDM Museum and Galleries.
    Address: FIDM Museum & Galleries
    919 South Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90015
    Duration: September 19th ? December 10th 2005

" A collection of more than 100 costumes, accessories, and props from all six films of the Star Wars saga ? including Episode III Revenge of the Sith ? will be on display at the FIDM Museum & Galleries beginning September 19. After the exhibition opens, you will be able to browse the complete collection online by category and character."

FIDM Site

Click here to see Mara_Jade_Fan?s amazing Collection of photos from the Event!

STAR WARS: Where Science meets Imagination!

[image=http://www.mos.org/automedia/data/starwars/topnav/swlogo.jpg]

Dates: October 27, 2005 ? April 30th 2006

Click here for Ticket information!
    Developed by the Museum in collaboration with Lucasfilm Ltd., Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination puts a 21st century spin on the saga's futuristic devices by exploring similar technologies in development today. For anyone who's ever wondered, the exhibition addresses the question: Will we have anything like droids or landspeeders someday? Using Star Wars as a springboard--as a shared image of what the future might look like--the exhibition encourages visitors to participate in the imaginative engineering processes that yield technological advancements. As they design, test, and build prototypes, visitors immerse themselves not only in the Star Wars universe, but also in the current scientific knowledge that underpins technologies--and could lead to a more technologically sophisticated future.

With an array of Star Wars artwork, props, models, film clips, and documentary footage serving as a compelling backdrop, the exhibition centers around two key technological challenges in the films and in the real world: getting around, and interacting with ever more intelligent machines. In addition to exploring familiar Star Wars technologies such as Imperial walkers, Luke's landspeeder, and C-3PO, exhibition visitors examine existing prototypes such as hovercrafts, ma
  2. DarthKakarot Jedi Youngling

star 5
  3. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Thank you DK :D

FYI - here appears to be the first look at the commander Cody figure. Looks like he might not be a removable helmet figure.
  4. OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Awesome job PLJ! =D= Btw,I hadn't seen an image of the Obi-Wan with baby Luke yet. That rocks! :D
  5. Jedi_Riibu Jedi Master

star 4
    I hadn't seen the Obi-Wan & Luke picture yet, either - REALLY looking forward to that one!

Lots of great info - thanks!!
  6. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Excellent as always PLJ!
  7. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Good job! I've stickied it for you..
  8. Tim_In_CT Force Ghost

star 4
    That must take a huge amount of time for such quality work PLJ! Very well done indeed!
  9. Juke Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    Whew! great stuff. Interview was a really nice touch.

Can't wait for the Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination to come to Columbus, Ohio. I'll be checking it out for sure.
  10. IncomT65 Jedi Master

star 4
    Once again, great work, PLJ! This really's been an excellent idea to sum up all the collecting news in a couple of paragraphs. I am especially grateful for finding those pics of Cody and the RotS Clone. So sweet that they're animated versions!
  11. AT-AT_Commander Force Ghost

star 4
    Great job again, Last one i read like four times to get all the info. this one looks like the same. keep up the great work.
  12. The_Wookie_Girl Jedi Knight

star 1
    Great, great job on this issue, PLJ! It's wondeful having the info all in one place. :) You're very dedicated to do this newsletter for us collectors. :) And oh my gosh, there was my name. *giggles* Do you know, I looked back several pages to make sure that no one had posted on these holiday items yet, because of it being impressed on me how important it is here to not start new threads. And since it hadn't, I posted the info, because I knew lots of folks here would like to hear about it. *grins* It's fun to hang out with such helpful fans. :) Thanks again for the newsletter! :)
  13. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    Thank you all, thank you [face_blush] Throws @};-@};-@};-

The_Wookie_Girl I believe in giving credit where credit is due ;) Besides, it's our forum where I pull a lot of this info from, so I want to include our readers/forum enthusiasts in the newsletter as much as possible.

Heads up to everyone - I know NOTHING about Master Replicas, LEGOS, and Force FX lightsabers beyond what I might manage to stumble upon by wandering around RebelScum or their sites. So please PM me if there's any hot new news coming out about these products :)
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.