main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Official Most Agonizing Untied Loose Ends of TCW Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Dark Lord Tarkas, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    This thread was inspired by Seerow's recent post in the Pong Krell thread.

To me, it's no contest. By far, the biggest thing I wish they'd followed up on that I'm starting to reluctantly accept they never will is the end of the Citadel arc when Ahsoka has one half of the info and was told only to give it to the Council and Captain Tarkin has the other half and will only give it to Palpatine. That was SUCH a great set-up. It never being followed up hurts my feelings.

So, what of it, LACWACers? Do you have a nominee for the most agonizing untied loose end of TCW??? Or can you not lift your fingers to type with that heavy Zillo Beast-clone armor weighing you down???

2. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Zillo's death shouldn't have been end of the armor-project- quite a contrary dead beast is easier to be examined, so that is one of those loose ends.... then seppies like Poggle and Wat being captured (hopefully we see explanation to this) before ROTS.... there is more, but those are what I think of at the moment[face_thinking]

3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Mortis. There's stuff that should be left open to the viewer's interpretation, and then there's stuff that needs an explanation just to make sense.

4. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Mortis is an obvious candidate, but I fear an explanation would just dig the sitiuation into a deeper hole. [face_whistling]

I'd have to go with Mother Talzin. What was her motivation for helping Savage at the end of Witches? Why would she assist a Nightbrother, a common slave to her, who betrayed one of her Nightsisters? I'm ready for a Sidious-like agenda. [face_mischief]

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Wow. Look what I started. There are a couple of minor loose ends for me like the Zillobeast cloning. But for me the two most recent ones in season 4 are the biggest loose ends. The first of those is Padme trading Grievous for Anakin when he was captured in "Shadow Warrior". I wanted to see the aftermath when Padme had to explain what happened there. I would of loved to of seen Padme explain that to someone on the Jedi Coundil or something , or in the senate, or even just a couple of clones. Rex and Fives how do you feel that the war almost ended but perhaps because of that ditz random gutless trade so many of your brothers died on Umbara? That brings me to my 2nd big one and the biggest one for me right now, General Krell. I would of like to of seen the aftermath and the Jedi Council dealing with the news. I have no doubts the clone side of it will eventually be dealt with in a figure clone-centric arc or episode since that is one of the next logical steps in Rex and Fives' evolutions as characters. Those two are now arguably the best developed original characters in the series.

6. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Good ideas, guys. I would also like to see all of those revisited.

I for one would like to see more of Jabba the Hutt and his son, and to know what happens to the little bugger, since there was no mention of him in the OT.

7. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Just my opinion, but I'm not personally preoccupied with what happens to Rotta, since children do grow up and "leave the nest." That he doesn't make an appearance in ROTJ doesn't mean he's dead, and if he's future is so mundane, then there really isn't any point in showing that (and you can't show it, since he won't be old enough by the end of the war).

Mortis and Pong Krell I think should be addressed. I mean Rex should not have been re-deployed so fast. It's just the word of a bunch of clones (that are treated to second class citizens) who claim that Krell was up to know good and clearly killed him while he was unarmed (his hands were bound), so unless they covered that up, that should raise some eyebrows. The Jedi could have mistrusted the 501st, or the senate could trust them and be suspicious of the Jedi, etc. I mean, something has to happen to make the senate accept a "Jedi Rebellion" so readily and accept their execution, and something has to happen that will make the clones so readily accept Order 66. More could have been shown that would tie into that. Hopefully the Umbara arc is foreshadowing future episodes that will deal with the matter more directly.

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I agree that there are myriad missed opportunities regarding the resolution of the Krell arc, but I think all the dead clone bodies would probably be sufficient proof that the Jedi had it coming. I don't think it needs a big explanation, but it still would have been better for some of the dynamics you described to have come into play.

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    ^I agree with that. I just wanted to here a Jedi say... -- "Well... what now?" ...I'm sure the clone end of things will get tied up later.

10. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    I kinda figured that the way Krell's "clone on clone"BS also affected, and caused casualties for, the 212th as well was good enough corroboration of Rex and the boys' story for the higher-ups. Perhaps I assume too muuuuch.

11. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Agree 100%. Especially when Tarkin takes off to debrief Chancellor Palpatine. I can only imagine that debriefing:
    Palpatine: "And whom did you say has the other half of the Nexus route coordinates?"
    Tarkin: "A padawan, Ahsoka Tano."
    Palpatine: "I see..." *rubs hands together and grins evilly*

Another loose thread was when Anakin told Ahsoka she'd gone too far in her decision to help Padme gain access to a Separatist planet in "Heroes on Both Sides". But obviously it wasn't too far as Anakin seemed to have amnesia about the whole thing and nothing came of it.

12. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Well, and it's probably just wishful thinking on my part, but with the ever expanding episode arcs (going from 2 episodes to 3 to 4) I kind of wish they would just make season long stories that build upon each other, instead of having something profound happen for several episodes and then just forget about it.

For instance, the last couple seasons of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine centered around the Dominion War, and many episodes pretty much continued either directly from the previous episode, or at least the political situation was constant. There would still be several episodes here and there that detoured from the Dominion War, but there was still an overarching story where each episode built off of the previous for an entire season.

I'm not saying I want to see the Umbara arc stretched into an entire season where every episode takes place on Umbara, but it could be something like that's how the season starts with 4 episodes on Umbara, followed by a political episode where Fives and Rex are imprisoned back on Coruscant and their fate is being deliberated in the court with Anakin making appeals to Palpatine to spare their lives but Palpatine insists that its out of his hands, and that Fives and Rex's explanation about Krell looking to help the separatists is causing the senate to rethink their position on keeping the Jedi as generals, and instead are calling for military governors to have a more active role in monitoring the Jedi's activities in their sectors. Then the jailbreak episode could build off of that, where Fives and Rex find themselves caught in the middle of it and are torn between helping suppress it or escaping with their lives so that they don't risk execution for killing Krell. Then that could be followed by a military-action episode where Tarkin who has been appointed a governor due to Palpatine's favor for his role in the Citadel episode is assigned as Anakin's overseer and it could follow them initially butting heads since Tarkin is trying to curb Anakin's recklessness, etc. And just have an entire season that builds up like that.

Then a following season could deal with the Dooku-Sidious power struggle as its overarching story, but might follow the Hutt's crimes being exposed as a sub-story, so they jump sides to the CIS except Jabba, and Palpatine maybe has to take Anakin on as more of a pseudo-apprentice where he starts sending Anakin on missions against Dooku and the CIS covertly, etc. As opposed to Dooku wanting to turn on Sidious, but then having them completely forgetting that following the Nightsister's arc. Etc.

13. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Agreed, I've always complained about this. :(

14. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I have hope that, by the end of the series, this will be resolved. I may be wrong, but it sounded like the Battle of Coruscant foreshadowing.

15. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    The other one, for me, would be the follow-up on Dooku's plans for Death Watch. I really hated that we didn't get to see this in the Mandalorian Arc. But it's been 2 freaking years since then and it remains to be seen whether the 'return of Death Watch' episode(s) this season will even touch upon that. [face_worried]

16. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    True. In particular, I was hoping that since it led to the "heart of separatist space" that it would be used by the Republic to invade Raxus. Not only would it pave the way for the CIS council to take over for the parliament, but it would be interesting to have seen Ashoka's view on the war change as she invaded a place full of people she knows and likes. Especially if Lux had beena soldier there, and believed the Republic assassinated his mother.

But now that Lux is coming back in a completely different context, it seems unlikely.

17. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Hadn't Filoni admitted that they really didn't think through what the secret information that Tarkin and Ahsoka is? I thought in one of the Forcecast interviews he said that it was pretty much just a plot device and that there weren't really any plans to build upon it. I could be mistaken, and even if I'm right, it doesn't mean that they can't find some way to build upon it after the fact, but given that they were probably well on there way into writing Season 4 - if not done with writing season 4 - by the time that the Citadel aired, I wouldn't think that they'd have enough time to include an episode regarding that information into season 4, if it wasn't being considered at the time that the Citadel aired. So, if it does crop up, I'd expect it to be season 5 or 6 at the earliest.

18. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    1. Umbara
    2. "Heroes on Both Sides"
    3. Citadel Info

These would be nice sometime in the future.

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Wow, stuff like that probably should not be mentioned in interviews.

20. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    I just assumed they're gonna touch on the Citadel thing when they get to TCW's depiction of the Battle of Coruscant.

21. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I think the ForceCast guys called the Nexus route coordinates a "MacGuffin". I can't remember if Filoni confirmed it as a "MacGuffin". Regardless, how do you kill off Even Piell (hijacking established EU), gives those coordinates to the Chosen One's padawan, and create a conflict involving Tarkin, Palpatine, and the Jedi...AND IT ONLY AMOUNT TO NOTHING MORE THAN A MACGUFFIN?!

22. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I thought a McGuffin was a driving force, and not what you're calling it, an impasse?

23. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I'm not getting my hopes up, but the thought crossed my mind that the coordinate situation might get followed up on in the upcoming prison arc. I think this because the preview mentioned a plot to kidnap Palpatine, and to do that the CIS would need a way to get to the heart of the Republic.

24. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    It really doesn't matter what the outcome of that was, the whole point of that setup was to demonstrate the friction between the Jedi Order and the rest of the Galactic Republic. In the end, its a matter of character development, just a small detail leading to the ultimate deterioration of the Republic. The Citadel plot served its purpose. Some things don't need to be overexplained.

25. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Mortis. They go from this other-wordly epic experience, and the next episode is just another standard Jedi mission.