main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Sth Bend, IN The official Movie review thread

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by vaderisone, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garbagge59

garbagge59 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    "Wild Hogs" is actually pretty funny. i wasn't expecting anything, so i guess watching a movie with no expectations is good. the jokes, while somewhat predictable, were done well.

2. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    I saw Get Shorty yesterday. Pretty good flick. I like wiseguy movies. Now I'm getting Be Cool so I can watch them back to back.

3. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    I just watched Black Hawk Down again. Havne't seen it in a long time. If that is the way things are ran, no wonder we are still in Iraq.

4. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    I saw Be Cool. It makes much more sense now that I've seen Get Shorty.

5. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    Watched Predator last night, still a classic.

Speaking of Predator, [link=http://imdb.com/title/tt0758730/]AvP 2[/link]

Still a ways out but interesting that they are actually going to make another.

I seen a trailer for The Nines the other day. For you puzzle heads out there, head to [link=http://www.ugo.com/a/the-nines/?cur=main&content=default]The Nines Puzzle[/link] and the movie website is [link=http://www.lookforthenines.com/]Look For The Nines[/link] .

6. CarboniteHan

CarboniteHan Jedi Knight star 3

May 11, 2007
    Man, I wish I could post a review about HP.

Still no such luck for this frozen ol' scoundrel.

7. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Uhh.. I saw The Ice Princess this week. Scary stuff.

8. vaderisone

vaderisone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2002
    I finally got to see 300....on the guy scale I give it a 3 out of 4 stars. I have to say I agree with Tone on this one per our conversation at Chipoltes. Too many liberties were taken with the Persian forces, but I still find myself quoting grom the movie often. As for HP I still have not seen it either JMD or CH or whoever you are.

9. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    You have to realize 300 was an adaptation of a comic book, which was based on the real story. The stuff that is inaccurate was also inaccurate in the comic. The movie is amazingly spot-on with the comic. Check it:

http://www.solaceincinema.com/2006/10/04/300-comic-to-screen-comparison/

10. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

funny thing about 300...after watching I felt dissappointed, but yet, I sit around thinking I would like to see it again

11. ToneLoc

ToneLoc Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Sometimes you need to see a movie twice before you could really enjoy it. I had to watch Platoon twice to enjoy it.

12. garbagge59

Nov 23, 2004
    i don't "like" platoon. i appreciate its qualities, but it's not a movie that i'd watch again. also, why watch a movie again if you didn't like it the first time? i usually know within the first 20 minutes of a movie if it is a good investment of my time or if i should go do something else.

13. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    This inspires me.... time to make another thread...

14. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

Actually I agree more with Tone on this then Garbage.

Example SW ep. 1

I saw opening day twice in a row. After 20 minutes during the first showing I almost left and couldn't believe how bad it was. However, I stayed liked it more and more, and then saw it again.

I like it even more today, most people think this is the worst but I still think ep. II much worse. If they didn't have the battle at the end this would not even be a debate.

15. garbagge59

Nov 23, 2004
    but did you ENJOY the epI experience? i found no enjoyment in watching platoon. therefore, why would i expose myself to 2 more hours of non-enjoyment?

16. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002

good point, I was stuck on the ep I deal as I did advance purchase of tickets and I can be rather cheap.

Platoon is a tough one because it tugs at you on so many levels.

Combine that with every time I hear the soundtrack I feel like crying and I see your point totally

17. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    Oh man.. I don't know where to begin.

18. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    and in other movie news:)

I saw,

The Greatest Game Ever Played,

over the weekend.....who knew a film about golf in 1913
    coud be so good.

Great story of classism (both British and American)
    with a true story of an ametuer american golfer (only 20-yrs old)
    being told not good enought to play (in more ways than one)
    and

his 10-year old caddie!

so, best for film-buffs and golfers.

19. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    Just finished up Miami Vice. I was not all that impressed with the storyline. I was expecting more action from this type of movie. Stealing a quote from another review "All hype, not enough substance."

20. WOBDZ

WOBDZ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    The last movie I went to was Pirates 3... but I rented Transformers for the boys last week and it rocked!!! I had no desire to see it, then I found myself getting the boys tucked into bed as fast as I could so I could get back downstairs to finish it.

21. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002
    Saw the movie 'Next' over the weekend with Nicolas Cage. It is about a man who has the ability to see 2 minutes into the future. Except one girl who he can see for much further. Was very happy to see it.

22. MusicTrooper

Feb 22, 2005
    Hey, I saw a play____should I start a new thread or report it here?

23. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Since I don't have the budget for movies anymore, I think we need to start The official TV review thread, or perhaps the Official Conquer Club review thread.

24. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    I saw Indiana Jones. It was very entertaining for me. I'm not sure why some people disliked it. I went to the midnight showing and the crowd really helps with these kinds of movies *GASP* *OOOH* *HAHAHAHA*

25. MusicTrooper

Feb 22, 2005
    ref INDIANA JONES,

looked fantastic to me.

Think I will go again and by the Laser Disk, I mean the DVD, oops, I mean the HD-DVD,
    ok....the Blue Ray:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.