main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

****The Official**** Movie Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by buttsy00, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buttsy00

buttsy00 Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2002
    Hey I was wondering how long it will be before we will be able to buy tickets for the opening of ATOC (in Australia preferably)???

2. NerdyNathan

NerdyNathan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2001
    Well, I don't know specifically about Australia, but for TPM in my (relatively small) town, they started selling tickets at 2:00 a week before the premiere.

3. buttsy00

buttsy00 Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2002
    Oh ok thanks.

So it's not going to be like a few months before or anything?

4. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    I'm going to ask for a ticket on Monday if no work comes my way.

5. STARWARS-LOTR4ever

STARWARS-LOTR4ever Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2002
    does any 1 know what time AOTC premiere (the first showing) in flordia

6. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Pozzi: "I'm going to ask for a ticket on Monday if no work comes my way."

An AOTC ticket????? It's January!!!! Can you get them that early?

7. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    Well, if I go, I'll ask. But I've a badly sunburned and blistering neck that hurts like hades, so now I don't know if I'll go or not.
    I have to see on the day I guess. :)

8. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    Tomorrow - I ask.

Has anyone else?

9. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    Episode II opens on Wednesday May 15, 2002. The first show will in all probability be at Midnight. If history repeats itself, tickets will go on sale a week before hand on May 8th at noon when box offices open at movie theaters. Most STAR WARS fan lines for tickets will start the day before (Unless you live in Seattle ;) ).

10. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    I do not know if this is true but I heard a rumor of two people who are already waiting on line at a movie theater for aotc tickets. I do not know any of the details or anything past that, one of my friends mentioned this to me, so they could be pulling my leg, I found it entertaining tho.

11. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Yes there are two guys in Seattle already in line for AOTC. I don't remember their website for the moment, but if you go to the local FF board for Seattle you will probably find out more.

12. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    In my town, SW fans are few and far between. I should be able to stroll up to the ticket then minutes before the movie starts.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    the storm after the calm!

13. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    Even if I could just stroll up and get tickets, I don't think I would want to. Here in the Nashville, TN area we all had such a blast lining up for Episode I. I met some good STAR WARS fans and got swept up in all the hoopla! The media showed up and got us free pizza and brought component sofas, a VCR & TV, and supplied us with a power from their van. So we sat around watching the whole Trilogy and eating pizza while we waited. I'm hoping that it is that fun again this go around.

Oh, and I too thought you were older, like in your 20's at least. Usually the younger fans want to know everything and spoil the whole experience for themselves. You must just have wisdom beyond your years ;)

14. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    :(

Have to try next month and see.

15. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Even if I could just stroll up and get tickets, I don't think I would want to. Here...we all had such a blast lining up for Episode I. I met some good STAR WARS fans and got swept up in all the hoopla!

That's the problem, there was no hoopla! On opening night, my theater was only 1/3 full at best! There was no line in which I could meet people....

Oh, and I too thought you were older, like in your 20's at least. Usually the younger fans want to know everything and spoil the whole experience for themselves.

Younger people by a rule are stupid. I have often stated that while I'll like a person from my age group, I dislike people from my age group....

:cool: Mace Windy,
    the storm after the calm!

16. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    Once again, I try tomorrow.

Here's hoping. :)

17. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    I have some friends who work at one of the cinemas I go to, and according to them, tickets for Attack of the Clones won't go on sale until about May sometime. I'll probably try to get mine about a week before, which is what I did with The Phantom Menace, but this time I'll try to book nice seats!

18. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Episode II opens on Wednesday May 15, 2002. The first show will in all probability be at Midnight.

Umm I thought it opened May 16, 2002.

19. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    May 16 is correct.

20. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    I emailed Edwards Theaters corporate headquarters about it about a month ago. The guy that responded told me tickets would probably go on sale a month in advance.
    Who know if that is true though. The theater sold LOTR and Harry Potter tickets several weeks in advance.

21. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    Oh Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge.

`Can't get tickets until the film has been rated, and the running time sorted, sorry.'

22. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Stri, well, 12:01AM on Thursday the 16th is easier said by saying May 15th at midnight. But yes, the movie does come out on the 16th- at 12:01.

23. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    Nuts @ me again. :(

`Try mid-April.'

Like Hell! I'm trying again next month, in two weeks time.

24. ODUFrank

ODUFrank Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 9, 2000
    I remember over here, the lines at some theaters were small or nonexistent, but at the AMC 24, by the time tickets went on sale, the line wrapped around the building and extended to TJ Maxx. LOL. I showed up at 3:40 and after 40 minutes in line I had the opportunity to buy 12:01 tickets but I couldnt go. People started lining up the day before at this theater and a couple others. I remember seeing it on the news, and they talked to this one fan who was first in line at one Toys R Us, and like third in line at another theater for tickets and they showed his toy collection and he had every damn toy I could think of. So yea, if people start lining up the day before I'd like to, but I dunno. I need to check my exam schedule. Oh wait, I do have one at 3:45 on May 8. So if tickets go on sale on May 9 (meaning official rules for advance tickets for all theaters that choose to sell advance tickets like last time) then maybe I can get there later that evening.

25. Jedi knight Pozzi

Apr 2, 2000
    Still waiting. Will try at the end of the month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.