main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

****The Official**** Movie Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by buttsy00, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Hey, Let_the_Wookiee_Win, I'll be at Gulf Pointe 30!!!

As will others from Houston FF. Have you checked out Fan Force? We'd looooooooove to have ya...we're new. :D

2. Fobok

Fobok Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    I'm in the Niagara Region of Ontario and so far the closest site with advanced tickets is across the border in Amherst (sp?), NY. I really want to see this movie opening day, but not that bad.

Has anybody in Canada been able to get tickets yet? Movietickets.com shows no info yet on any theatres closer than Amherst, and I went to Silvercity St. Catherines, and they have no clue yet even if they're getting the movie, let alone if/when advanced tickets will be available.

3. DarthYosef

DarthYosef Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2001
    YAY! I have a ticket for the 12:00 showing in Fullerton, CA! 12 days, baby! :)

4. LajonDust

LajonDust Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    Hello,

This is kinda of late but I got my tickets yesterday (Fri. 3) for AMC Regency 20 (Florida). They said other than the midnight showing, the earliest showing was 11:45 so I got that. That's weird though because when TPM came out the first showing was at 9:00, we got there at like 7:00 and my friends and I got on the news and people from our school saw us and so did our teachers so we kinda got in a little trouble from them but it was freakin' Star Wars!! Memories.....haha

Thanks,
    Brandyn

5. KRISTEN

KRISTEN Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2001
    ok my local movie theaters are not selling Episode II tickets yet. So when they do start selling them how do I order them on-line. Do I just hit the May 16th date and the times will just show up? Or is there something special you have to do?

6. Darth-Jo-B1

Darth-Jo-B1 Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2002
    Tickets went on sale in Maple Grove, Mn at the Arbor Lakes theater yesterday, I holding them as I write :) So letting you guys know they have gone on sale in some places

7. shredhed16

shredhed16 Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2002
    Anybody know when tickets for United Artist or Regal Cinemas are going on sale?

8. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    I just wanted to post that I GOT MY TICKETS!!!!! I was soooo excited, I'm still sooooo excited!!!!

9. Jude

Jude Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2000
    12:01am Grauman's Chinese, Hollywood
    *faints*

10. Raincitygirl

Raincitygirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2002
    In the Vancouver, Canada area, has anybody heard about advance tickets? I checked both the Cineplex Odeon and Famous Players websites, and nada. I also called the local phone numbers of the cinemas and there was nothing about it on the recorded messages.

Also, does anybody know if you can pre-book tickets that arent' opening day? I will be going sometime on the first weekend, and I really don't want to be lining up forever and ever, especially given that I'll be taking my 7 year old nephew. I'm hoping to be able to pre-book tickets to a matinee and thus avoid the worst of the line-ups.

11. DarthScud

DarthScud Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    I just want to re-iterate what I posted here Thursday. Keep an eye on your local theater. Every theater that is selling ATOC tickets around here so far has put them on sale at some random time of day with no warning and generally earlier that they had announced they would.

I don't know if this is a lucasfilm suggestion or what but two of the theaters here that have done that are from nationwide movie chains. Check with you local theaters, if they say they are not going on sale till such and such a date, still check back.

12. Raincitygirl

Raincitygirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2002
    Huh. Because I called the box office of my local theatre (part of a major chain) today, and said I wanted to buy tickets for Sunday May 19th. They said I shouldn't come into pre-buy them until Friday the 17th.

13. Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 1999
    Got my tickets on Friday! There wasn't even much of a line...

14. opinion

opinion Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    ...raincity...i dont know where you live its probably not a big city for them to tell you that...but if i were you i would not listen...the phone gives you a disadvantage...id go down today and talk to a manager about ordering youre tickets...

15. thenink

thenink Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2002
    RAINCITYGIRL - I'm in Richmond and I've been constantly checking the Famousplayers.com site and Movietickets.com with no luck whatsoever! My brother went down to the Silvercity Riverport and talked to someone down there and they just kind of shrugged their shoulders and went 'Huh'? Very encouraging. Anyway, I'll let you know if I hear anything. Keep me updated if YOU hear anything! Nice to know someone else on this board is in the Vancouver area trying to get tickets too! :D

16. SavageJedi

SavageJedi Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    yeah buddy 4AM at the cinerama in seattle. wooo hooo. wakin up at the crack, i hope im not late for school on thursday

17. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    A movie showing at 4 AM? That's new.

My local theater FINALLY has some info: they're gonna start selling this Wednesday at 11 AM. I just wish I could confirm that they're doing a midnight show before I stand in line.

Rick McCallum loves you!

18. cuvuhguh

cuvuhguh Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    You guys are lucky. I still can't get any information out of my local theaters. Only one theater has actually confirmed that they will be showing Star Wars at all. The other two still don't know. And the theater that does know still doesn't have any showtimes, so they can't start selling tickets. If you only knew how this is driving me crazy!!

19. REBEL_SKUM

REBEL_SKUM Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2000
    fobok I got my tickets for an AMC in missisauga, I'm not sure if they'd be sold out yet, it's pretty new, but apparently it's not the greatest, but for me the relief of having my tickets for the 12:01 showing is good enough, I can go down the streat and watch it on the digital theater whenever I want anyway.

20. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Starwars.com now has a search for theaters. They also have a list of THX theaters and Digital theaters. These lists are still in an early form though (the digital theater I'm going to isn't on there yet.)

21. Shave_the_Ewoks

Shave_the_Ewoks Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2001
    I bought mine at the local Regal (Regal 18 in North Charleston, SC). They went on sale saturday. I got 12 01, 420 and 750.

22. bombchu

bombchu Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2002
    i just reserved mine on fandango.com. first showing of the day, 12:30 (afternoon). i bacame a SW fan around the time of ep1, so this is the first time i've anticipated a movie for this long. i can't wait!!!!

23. buttsy00

buttsy00 Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2002
    Mogook - Can you please give us the exact address for the search of theatres on Star Wars.com......

"Starwars.com now has a search for theaters. They also have a list of THX theaters and Digital theaters. These lists are still in an early form though (the digital theater I'm going to isn't on there yet.)"

Thanks

24. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Go to starwars.com. On the top right, under the movie logo, it says view trailers, and under that is Tickets & Showtimes. Click that and a window will pop up.

25. alent1234

alent1234 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    Don't know if this has been brought up, but I had this thought about the people who have been waiting in line for SW tickets for the last few months. With online ticket sales there is a good possibility that they won't get tickets for opening day. Do people think it's fair or what?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.