main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

****The Official**** Movie Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by buttsy00, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malthus

Malthus Jedi Master star 4

Mar 31, 1999
    I have no idea where this Odeon Leceister Square is, but that looks to be where several of you are going. Maybe it was a time of day thing...

Anyhow, I'm in the Dallas, TX, USA area and if anyone knows any info on Cinemark or AMC (Plano area), I'd appreciate it! I may go by myself and ask the manager, but that will likely get little in the way of answers.

:(

2. tim_vowles

tim_vowles Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2002
    i got 3 tickets (Australia)

Waited in line for 2 minutes and got them for $10.50 each

heres a link to the scan of my ticket

3. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Malthus, dude, you are from Plano?! You are so freakin' lucky. :D You best take advantage of the only digital theater in the entire state of Texas (despite the fact that DLP is Texas Instruments...grrrrr)!

Cinemark at Legacy
    7201 Central Expressway Ste #100
    Plano, Texas 75025
    USA
    Tel: 972-527-4385 (Office)

They just say..."Meh, screw you, Houston, you're only the fourth largest city in the nation. In our minds, Dallas is bigger and more important..."

4. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Never mind me, just a spoiler watchdog...

5. buttsy00

buttsy00 Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2002
    I have bought two tickets for Sat 18th, 10am at Fox Studios in Sydney. They are the La Premiere tickets which for those of you who don't know you sit in comfortable lounge chairs and get all the popcorn and soft drink you can eat. That's the way Episode II should be watched!!!

I can't wait it's gonna be awesome!

Would have loved to get tickets for opening night but I start work really early in the morning.... I'll just have to wait 2 days after everyone else :-(

6. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Finally!

On 4 hours light sleep, I drive for two hours to get my ticket. Get ticket. Watch Panic Room for 2 hours. Drive back (very tired) 2 1/2 hours.

Yay me! :)

7. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Okay, seriously. This is absurd. It is now only three and a half weeks before the movie is released, and they don't even have the courtesy to release any information of any kind? There is no, NO, reason for this crap! It really is starting to piss me off. Fine, don't let the darn tickets go onsale for another two weeks...don't let them go onsale until May 16 for all I care...just tell us something!!! What, are they trying to make up for the lack of a one-day worldwide release for TPM by treating the US like we don't matter? We own them! It's our money that pays for their existence!

WHERE IS THE LOGIC?!

8. NerdyNathan

NerdyNathan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2001
    I did a little searching through the old TF.N archives, and I found that there was no official information on advanced tickets for TPM until April 23rd of 1999. Maybe just a few days more. :)

9. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Awww...trying to kill the validity in my post, Nerdy?

;)

10. darthmahon

darthmahon Jedi Master star 2

Sep 8, 2000
    Hmm, I'd like to say that I feel sorry for you guys in the US...but we had 2 wait two whole months after you until we got TPM in the UK =/

Still, they should let you know what's going on...not long now!

11. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Nerdy, thanks for that research. Maybe we'll get an announcement on Tuesday or soon after.

12. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    "I have no idea where this Odeon Leceister Square is, but that looks to be where several of you are going. Maybe it was a time of day thing... "

No, it's a London, England thing :)

I was surprised that tickets were made available in the UK before America, too. I've never bought a ticket for a film over a month in advance before!
    But I'm not complaining :)

13. Padawan-kirky

Padawan-kirky Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    April 18 or 16th either way i and me mates hav already got ours!!!;)

14. el_director

el_director Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 9, 2001
    So, for those who have tickets, when will you be going? My friends and I are shooting for the second showing here in KC. I figure it will be less crowded than midnight.

15. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    But more crowded = more fun!

16. el_director

el_director Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 9, 2001
    Called my theater and they don't have the tickets in. Said to check next week. AMC pulled a similar stunt when we went to see LOTR. In the long run, I guess a day or two won't make a difference.

17. LajonDust

LajonDust Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    Hello,

I live in Tampa, Florida and I called my local AMC theater and they said they will start selling tickets a week to maybe a week and a half before May 16 and my local Muvico said they will start selling whenever they get the green light from LucasFilms and the person even said to check Star Wars fan sites such as this one....I just thought it was kinda weird the person at Muvico told me to come to this site...haha.

Thanks,
    Brandyn

18. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Aye...Too much waiting = no good. I want to know something!

Thanks for the tip, Lajon. I will try contacting my AMC again soon.

19. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I hope we get an announcement soon so we can plan something.

20. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Exactly my thoughts. It's not always easy for people to make plans ahead of time. Having to stand in line for movie tickets is something some people need to plan for.

For me, I go to school in Austin, but I'll be seeing AOTC in Houston on the 15th/16th. So, I have to figure out how to get tickets whenever they go onsale. I can't figure out how to do that until they tell me when they are going on sale.

[face_plain]

21. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I did for a search for tickets on starwars.com, and found this article dealing with Episode I advance tickets.
    Episode I Ticket Update
    April 23, 1999

Over the last several weeks, Twentieth Century Fox, Lucasfilm, and The National Association of Theatre Owners (NATO) have consulted in order to determine an advance ticket sale practice for Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace that will provide the least inconvenience for families, fans and general movie goers and hopefully avoid a potential ticket scalping problem. Fox and Lucasfilm announced today the following practice to be followed on Star Wars: Episode I advance ticket sales.
    Tickets will be made available for advance sales on Wednesday, May 12th at 3:00pm eastern daylight time at those theatres and ticket outlets in the United States and Canada that offer advance ticketing. Theatre owners have agreed to make every reasonable effort to first accommodate those fans already standing in line. In a continuing effort to discourage scalping a maximum of 12 tickets may be purchased per customer.

This article was posted on April 23, 1999 and the movie came out May 19th. AOTC is coming out 3 days earlier, and we still haven't heard anything.

22. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Maybe they want to avoid people lining up as long as they can??

Seriously, if I had a logical answer as to why they are not telling us anything, I would be content. It just doesn't makes sense to me.

23. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I hope to have some news about it this week. Atleast a simple "We're in negotiations."

24. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Surely we will. I mean, c'mon. We haven't heard anything about it at all...for a long time, there hasn't been any discussion really about it.

25. DarthYosef

DarthYosef Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2001
    I just called my local AMC in Fullerton, CA. The answer was, "I don't really know. We're doing Spiderman now. I'd call back near the end of the week, we'll know a little more then."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.