main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

****The Official**** Movie Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by buttsy00, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 1999
    I talked to my favorite local theater last night and they confirmed that they would be selling tickets starting May 3rd at 11am. I am *so* there!

2. L4E3L

L4E3L Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2001
    I have to post this, even though I'm much more of a lurker.

I work for a US Senator and today he got two passes to see AOTC next Wed. at the Uptown!!(Those near DC know how great this theater is).

Anywho, I begged him for the tickets and he relented and now I get to take my wife to see the movie next week!!!!

I can't even concentrate, won't be doing much work today.

3. alison_breeze

alison_breeze Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002
    Lady Phoenix - where are you located, if you don't mind my asking? Last I heard, the local theaters in the South Bay Area (Calif) still didn't have confirmation on getting the movie, let alone a date for tickets. <shrug> Maybe it's just not going to be an organized affair like last time...? :/

Alison

4. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Yeah...never before have I had the desire to live outside of my beautiful America...until now!

Jaina, any more theater word? I talked to a couple yesterday, but got nuthin'. :(

5. threepio23

threepio23 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2000
    I would just like to add that I live in England and have had my AOTC tickets safely tucked away for a couple of weeks now. I got them on May 16th at probably the most famous cinema in England without even queueing. I hope you other people all get your tickets for May 16th!!!

6. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    This really sucks!! I'm about fed up with waiting to hear from the official site about theatres and advanced sales in the U.S. and I guess I'm gonna have to call the theatres and find out. I really didn't want to harass the theatres in my town about this because I'm sure they already have been called enough but I don't know what else to do!

The official site really dropped the ball on this and I wanna give them an earful. Why does the site not have a notice like it did for TPM? Where is the notice? ARGHHHHH! :(

7. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    Queenie, I called Tinsletown AGAIN yesterday and talked to a manager and she said that they only sell advanced tickets 4 days in advance (which is a lie because I bought my TPM tickets a week in advance). I swear, they have no idea what's going on do they?

8. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    The Abingdon Cinemall in Kingsport, TN (USA) has started taking credit-card reservations for tickets going on sale this Friday.

It seems that May 3rd is the official day.

9. dddmaul

dddmaul Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2001
    Per a manager at the AMC Pleasure Island in Orlando, tickets will go on sale Friday and that there will be no phone or internet sales the first day of sales either. It seems that those that line up hopefully don't have to worry about not getting a ticket.(Assuming that there are less than 5 theaters worth of tickets bought before you, or however many tickets are available for the midnight showings; there were 5 theaters for Episode 1)

10. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jun 1, 2001
    "No online or phone sales" doesn't seem to be a wide policy this time, though. SOme theaters may enforce that, and some may not.

Like I stated above, one theater is already selling tickets via phone for credit-card reservation. Another in Nashville said that they will be availabe on Fandango on Friday.

11. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Okay, well I said I would call my local theatres and here's the scoop straight from them. The official site would not give you the info but I will:

Theatre Status in Knoxville, TN

Carmike 10: Will recieve movie, Midnight Showing, Day of Sales only.

Carmike Wynnsong 16: Will not recieve movie.

Regal Cinemas West Towne: Doesn't know yet (Manager said they don't book out that far.. they don't book out 14 days in advance?!?) will likely do advance sales IF they get it just like they did for TPM one week in advance.

Regal Cinemas 10 Knoxville Center: Will not likely recieve film seeing as Carmike 10 is basically directly across the street. Didn't call them.

Will update this if I can.

12. NerdyNathan

NerdyNathan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2001
    I just called my local Kerasotes theater (hopefully for the last time) and they said tickets are going on sale here this Friday, May 3rd at about 2:00 PM.

13. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I called my local Hoyts and Muvico, this what I got:

Hoyts: We'll know if we're pre-selling tickets on Monday.

Muvico: Selling tickets a week before.

14. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jun 1, 2001
    LOL!

I live in Knoxville too, Jar Jar!

I have only called Regal West Town so far. I didn't bother with Carmike. I figured they'd show it, but they don't offer advance ticket sales. :(

15. KRISTEN

KRISTEN Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2001
    What does all this mean!!!! Will they be sold on the 3rd or what???? I don't think they will be because Lucas film would have said something by now. Right?

16. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    It would be too much of a mess at the theater box offices. SpiderGack is coming out on the 3rd. I don't think the tix will go on sale until at least the following Monday.

17. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Very Dangerous Doug sends this:

Just got off the phone with the manager of AMC 24 theatres in ********* at (3:02pm EST) and they confirmed that upper management has sent them an email TODAY to all theaters ( carrying the film ) that they can start selling tickets for episode 2 as early as 10AM Friday Morning at the AMC 24 location. They will announce tommorow what show times will be available starting May 16th.
    I followed up with a quick call to Lucasfilm Public Relations at (3:12pm EST) and they confirmed that Thursday 5-2-02 that FOX will announce which theatres around the country will be granted the copies of the movie.

It seems that every theater has a different story on this, so you might want to check your local theater before camping out. But this is the story we're hearing most frequently.

Georgie loves us, afterall!! :D

18. KRISTEN

Dec 11, 2001
    "Great Kid! Don't get cocky!"
    This might not be true so lets not get our hopes up to high. Remeber We thought the Music Video was to be on MTV one week before it really was!

19. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, according to the report, tomorrow FOX will release which theaters are getting the movie. So, if true, starwars.com should have an announcement tomorrow.

20. ODUFrank

ODUFrank Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 9, 2000
    I called the AMC 24 in Hampton, VA just now and they said that tix go on sale Friday at 10 am. Wow...not much notice. Last time the theaters and on-sale dates were in the front page of the newspaper a week before. I asked when we are allowed to start lining up for tickets and all she would say is that they are also gonna be on the phone and internet, but I dont trust those. Shoot, I still need to get my Spider-man tickets...guess I can do that then. My showing is at 7:45. She didn't know about 12:01 though, which sucks.

21. KRISTEN

Dec 11, 2001
    I called my local show and they said most likly next friday! I am going crazy!

22. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    "LOL!

I live in Knoxville too, Jar Jar!"

Small world eh? :)

Yeah I figured a few Knox Vegans were here and that's why I put it up.

"I have only called Regal West Town so far. I didn't bother with Carmike. I figured they'd show it, but they don't offer advance ticket sales."

Regal is fine but they screwed me over last time at TPM so I don't trust them. See, I came the night before advance tix went on sale and they said "come in tommorrow and we'll start the line. 15 mins after I left they started issuing numbers to guarantee line spots so I hate them forever now. :(

That, plus the fact that the official site will know if they get the film before they do makes me nervous. I don't think they'll be prepared.. Yet again! I'm just going to Carmike 10 because they have better sound (THX ahem!), same day sales and they handed out a buttload of free merchandise last time. I'm so there!

23. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    The Evanston Century 12 (Evanston, IL - go Northwestern Wildcats!) has no idea what's going on w/ Star Wars as of 9 PM today. :(

EDIT: I nearly forgot to say it!

Rick McCallum loves you!

24. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    You're slackin', Adam, slackin' I tell you! Rick's love keeps us alive. Don't let us down!

;)

25. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Here's hoping Lucas has forseen the error of his ways and is really truly giving you guys the chance to get advance tickets this Friday.

They've been on sale a couple of weeks here in Australia, and when I did a group booking of 18 people for the opening day there were no seats booked for that session! I think the SW madness is just not as big here...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.