main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

****The Official**** Movie Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by buttsy00, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 1999
    Sorry it took me so long to respond, Alison, but I live in Michigan. And, no, my local theater is not doing bracelets! :)

I'll be in line for my tickets this time tomorrow!

2. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I posted this over in Houston, but here goes.

My MovieWatcher email newsletter arrived at 6:05 this morning. This is what it had to say:

Tickets for Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones go on sale Friday, May 3

Advance online ticketing for Attack of the Clones is available at select theatres only. Starting May 3, be sure to check out www.moviewatcher.com for the complete theatre list. May the force of online ticketing be with you!

I hope my home theater is on the list.

3. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I hope we get some announcment today from starwars.com about FOX's theater listings. If anything, they should address the concerns of the fans. You know they know about these posts, and they've probably gotten thousands of emails and phone calls. At the very least they could tell us it's up to our local theater. That way we don't have to expect some nationwide day.

4. Darth_Padme

Darth_Padme Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2001
    Anyone know anyting about Regal/Edwards theaters? I talked to them Tues and they said that they couldn't sell until Spiderman presells ended, which would be today. Does anyone know if they will offer tickets tomorrow as well? I haven't heard anything from their online ticket site, Fandango yet. Anyone??

5. KRISTEN

KRISTEN Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2001
    Tomorrow is the 3rd and still no Word from Lucas!!!!! I am going to go nuts!!!!!

6. Blue_Viper

Blue_Viper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2001
    I just checked the Wehrenberg theaters website in St. Louis (www.wehrenberg.com) and they announced that they are selling advanced tickets for Episode II on May 3rd, only at the theater box offices. Looks like I'll be down to the nearby theater at 11am tomorrow. :)

Excellent.....

7. KRISTEN

Dec 11, 2001
    Is it all theaters selling the tickets tommorrow or just some? I called another local theater today and they said they heard they might be selling them tommorrow but no offical word yet!

8. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    Well, I got my ticket :D.

9. MasterYaddle

MasterYaddle Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    Finally.

I have confirmed that a theater in Maryland (the Senator) is putting tickets on sale this Saturday at 10am and they will be doing a midnight show.

Now I'm getting excited! :)

10. LajonDust

LajonDust Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    Hello,

Anyone else totally confused on how to order tickets from Movietickets.com? I don't know how much I trust this site to get tickets on sale at tomorrow and the theater not already be sold out.

Thanks,
    Brandyn

11. KRISTEN

Dec 11, 2001
    IF the tickets go on sale tommorrow I'm going to wait in the line. I don't trust on-line sales at this point.

12. FOX1973

FOX1973 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2001
    I've just held in my hands a preview ticket for the press at Odeon Leicester Square on Wed May 8th at 9:30 am (shot of Anakin and Padme on the ticket), only to be told by my friends who were supposed to sort me out that they've only got 1 spare ticket, which they already offered some guy. As in not me.
    FRIENDS SUCK.

13. KRISTEN

Dec 11, 2001
    Loews theaters don't think they are going to sell the tickets tommorrow because they have no offical word!

14. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    The tickets are being given selling rights (is that what to call it?) by the amount of gross ticket sales over the years (that's the best way I can explain it). So if your theater isn't as good as one in a big city, they won't start selling tickets yet, even if it is the same line of theaters.

Does that make sense?

15. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Well, I am assuming that, since it is now 6:50 pm Central time, we will not be receiving that official announcement today, as reported.

This infuriates me. All they have to do is come out and tell us that it's up to the individual theaters. And leave it at that. Whatever, I don't care. Just do something. It is May 2, two weeks before the release and...nothing!

Our theaters would be able to tell us something if Lucasfilm would just say something.

I know AMC theaters will have online sales, beginning tomorrow, which will be through Movietickets.com. But, no one knows any details: when, how, what, where, etc.

[face_plain]

16. benyodavader

benyodavader Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2002
    Well tickets won't be a problem 4 me were i live in FL me and a friend of mine r the biggest star wars fans so i can just walk up 10 mins b4 the show starts o ya does any1 kno what trailers we might see?

17. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I just got off the phone with MovieTickets.com Customer Service.

The very nice lady told me they will go on sale on the site sometime tomorrow, but they are not sure of the exact time.

Just keep checking the site to see when they add it.

:D

18. DarthScud

DarthScud Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    Check your local theaters carefully and your local JC boards. One theater here in town is already selling tickets, I just picked up my 1:15 afternoon tickets. (Yes this is in the US)

19. KRISTEN

Dec 11, 2001
    ok what the hec is going! I don't even think the 2 theaters near me are going to sell the tickets tomorrow!

20. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I just talked to my AMC.

Tickets will be on sale at 9:30 at the box office tomorrow!

Yahoo! 12:01 showing, here I come!

:D

21. thrawn37

thrawn37 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2000
    Yay! One of my friends bought tickets today! 1:00am & 7:45pm opening day! Woohoo!

22. sethyg

sethyg Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 1999
    If anyone wanted this...

http://www.moviewatcher.com/Promo/MWPromo.jsp?WhichPromo=StarWars.html

23. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    They still all say: "Sorry showtimes are not available for this theater on Thursday, May 16, 2002".

Where do you live, thrawn?

24. sethyg

sethyg Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 1999
    A friend of mine, who works with me at my ad agency, said they go on sale at midnight. He didn't say which timezone though, so just keep hitting reload. Sorry.

The place I work at is the Agency of Record for AMC and since they're based here in KC, then maybe they'll go on sale at midnight, Central time. Just an idea.

25. thenink

thenink Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2002
    Hey Gang!

Just checked out Movietickets.com (Canada version) and they got an ad saying EP2 tickets on sale Friday!!! (Although no time was posted)

YEE-HAAWWW!!! I'm totally hyped!!!!

:D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.