main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

****The Official**** Movie Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by buttsy00, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    I'm in the same boat that you are thenick! My Cinemark has NO CLUE what's going on. Just keep trying, they will be on sale sometime next week surely. I know how you feel, it is starting to drive me NUTS!

2. muymaul

muymaul Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 24, 1999
    I know it is frustrating. Here in Tucson, they still don't have their official showtimes so they are not selling any tickets yet. I just keep reminding myself that even if the advance tickets aren't on sale today, as long as I am there when they are on sale I will be able to see the movie on the same day as everyone else. In any case, I can't say I will see it before anyone else because of the time zones!

3. Rhane-1138

Rhane-1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Hey Kristen and Darth_Puck, I'm in Boston too, and it seems no one can get tickets. I don't know about Loews (other than that they aren't selling) but I called up Showcase Cinemas in Randolph (cause they have a digital screen) and they told me they don't know anything either. They said the "home office" hasn't contacted them or given them any info at all. What the heck does that mean? Are Loews and Showcase both having the same problem? Are they going to get the film at all? I'm gonna be really upset if they don't get the movie, and I know I'm not alone either.

4. Darth_Puck

Darth_Puck Jedi Master

Jul 23, 2001
    Rhane, Kristen,

Movietickets.com just came alive with the Boston theater I was looking for and I was able to make the purchase. It only listed showtimes for one theater, even though I'm sure it will be on at least 3 screens. Good luck!

5. Tedakin_Skywalker

Tedakin_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2002
    I just got my tickets for May 16th at an Atlanta AMC... Hehehehehhar har har WOOOHOOOOO hahahahahah.... okay I'm done.

6. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    I just got my tickets for the AMC 24 in Columbus. I went back about three minutes later to order two more tickets for some other people and the midnight showings were already unavailable! Man, I was really lucky--but I have my ticket, and that's all that matters! :D

7. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    My local Hoyts is telling me to call on Monday, that's when they'll know when they're selling tickets.

8. Bucky

Bucky Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2002
    Just picked up my tickets at the AMC 24 at Huebner Oaks in San Antonio, Texas!! :D

Almost time....

Bucky...out

9. see4pio

see4pio Jedi Master

Oct 22, 2001
    i know what you mean muymaul, i live in tucson too, nobody knew anything at any of the century theaters when i would ask before, so i just showed up this morning hoping they'd just be on sale, no such luck, waited in line for almost 2 hours (i beat all the spiderman fans) to have them tell me that they weren't on sale, and that they will be sometime next week. I ask if next week means monday, the girl looks at me and says, "i think so." how frustrating. i'm actually kind of dissapointed that things aren't like tpm where lucasfilm and fox organized and announced when tickets would go on sale. at least then we had some answers. I'm still ticketless, i read on another forum that fandango tickets are going onsale at 2pm today, but that's not official. in the meantime i'll just sit here listening to the aotc score. muymaul, if you hear anything new in tucsno could you send me an email, rmack@u.arizona.edu if you send me your email address i'll do the same for you.

10. Darth_Jaxon

Darth_Jaxon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2001
    I got my tickets for the 12:01 showing at the local Kerasotes theater in the Twin Cities. I'm so happy.

11. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Hey, nink and anyone else with midnight showing problems:

You might want to check and make sure that the midnight showings are not listed under May 15.

That's what happened at my theater. There was mass confusion. They were saying that there were no midnight showings, but they later found them under 5/15, not 5/16. This is how it is listed on my MovieTickets.com, too.

12. Count_Dookula

Count_Dookula Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2001
    I just bought my tickets for Episode II at the AMC 25 in Times Square NYC.
    I don't think they are selling tix online but the box office is. The theater is digitally projected too.

13. KRISTEN

KRISTEN Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2001
    I keep on checking MovieFone.com but There is no listings for Showcase or Loews! I am so mad!!!!!!!!

14. alison_breeze

alison_breeze Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002
    See4pio wrote:

"I'm still ticketless, i read on another forum that fandango tickets are going onsale at 2pm today, but that's not official. "

Do you happen to know the source of the information for Fandango starting to sell today? There's nothing on their website that I've been able to see. I'm also wondering, assuming they do start selling this afternoon, will it be for all theaters that they are associated with, or just some of them? Like you, I'm planning on a Century theater, but out in San Jose, Ca.

Oh, also, when you said 2pm, what time zone was that for?

"i'm actually kind of dissapointed that things aren't like tpm where lucasfilm and fox organized and announced when tickets would go on sale. at least then we had some answers."

I've got to agree with that, absolutely. I much prefered the organization. At least we knew when tickets were going on sale, and things weren't up to the movie theaters themselves... which this time has led to such confusion and lack of consistancy.

Alison

15. opinion

opinion Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    ...my friend just told me that she ordered us two tickets at the amc on 42nd...she said the computers were having problems so the ordering over the phone wouldnt work but she called so much that the rep just decided to do it manually for her...

...i want to ask you who just posted about the same theater...what time are your tickets for?...my friend said that the lady told her 1145 the 16th was the very first showing...no wednesday night showing...did you get a night showing?...i have to go to the morning cause i want to see the very first showing i dont care how early it is...i am very happy...i cant wait to get those tickets in my hands...

16. Joey-WanKenobi

Joey-WanKenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jan 7, 2002
    Just got my tickets!! WOOOOOOOOO FRIGGIN HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

17. Count_Dookula

Count_Dookula Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2001
    Opinion:

There was a Wednesday night show but I think it was listed under the 15th. My tix are for the 16th at 9:30PM. Some showtimes are digital others are not.

18. AZDaizy

AZDaizy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2002
    I got my tickets from Rolling Hills AMC 20 for 12:01...but it says for May 15th! What does that mean? The 15th in the morning or the 15th at night? It can't mean the 15th morning, can it?

19. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    It means the night of the 15th. My tickets are like that too.

20. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    It would seem that the vast majority of advance tix sales are at AMC theaters.
    That's where I got mine, in Wesminster, CO.
    And yes, mine also say 12:01am, May 15th.

21. opinion

opinion Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    ...thanks count...

...UPDATE...

...my friend just called me...some guy who works there that she met a few days ago while checking out ticket sales for me gave her two tickets to the wednesday night 12:01 showing...

...and now i am convinced that i live in the matrix...because yesterday my boss changed my schedule and i have that thursday off...which is very uncanny...and now i have wednesday night tickets...and thursday morning tickets...both digital...i am happy...all i need now is to order the obi wan sabre from masterreplicas...if my conscience will allow...

22. Queen-Amydala

Queen-Amydala Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2001
    I've read that some of you are having trouble getting tickets right now in the Boston area. I just bought mine at the AMC Cinema in Burlington. The showtimes on the 16th are 12:30, 3:30, 7, and 10:15.

23. Let_the_Wookiee_Win

Let_the_Wookiee_Win Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2002
    AMC Gulf Pointe 30: Houston, Tx 12:01 showing!!!!!!

I wonder what the crowd will be like. I hope they'll be huge SW fans; saber fighting, dressing up and everything. I've never seen that first hand before.

24. Darth_Sifl

Darth_Sifl Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2001
    ***WHEW!*** After 4.5 hours trying to get through on movietickets.com, I finally had success! The midnight showing sold out hours ago, unfortunately, but I got 10:45 PM Thursday night at the Cinerama (Seattle). I hope the rumors about digital projection there are true. Now I can relax! And at least I didn't have to wait in line for 4 months. ;)

25. ArchangelX1

ArchangelX1 Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    I'm going there at 10:45, also!!!

I grabbed them around 12:00 before the servers got to busy....I figure the later in the night that we go...the easier parking might be. Umm..are you gonna go pick them up too?

Have you ever been to the Cinerama? I just moved here from Cali, so I've never been there..and I really haven't been around Seattle hardly at all.

Is it hard to get parking there? Is it hard to find you think? It looks kinda easy to find on the map..just take a left on Seneca and head right to it...

I looked at their website..and didn't see any information on digital projection being used...but the sound and visuals are supposedly much better than your average cinema!!

Clue me in, the name is Michael Kitchens. Maybe I'll see you there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.