main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Mysteries of the Sith hints and tips thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by ATATzsinj, Jun 25, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATATzsinj

ATATzsinj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    Okay, the "TPM Bashers" Thread has become something of legend. I think that a Supporters thread needs to be started. Before I start, however, I think that I need to know who my allies are. Please respond and give a theory as to a counter-attack.

2. Qui-Gon Generic

Qui-Gon Generic Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 25, 1999
    Look at this...this thread is blowing up from within http://216.32.191.104/forum/

[This message has been edited by Qui-Gon Generic (edited 07-15-1999).]

3. Boba Feet

Boba Feet Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 1999
    I will join. Although I have no idea what could be done. Some of the people here have their opinions set in stone.
    But as stated by Generic, I won't bash anybody. Unless they bash me first, or really piss me off. Hehe..

4. jwkenobi

jwkenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 1999
    Han would say, "Oh they can just go blow!", Luke would say, "Use the Force for defense, never for attack!" Leia would say, "This is some fan forum. When you let these people in, didn't you have a plan for getting them out!" Ben would say "A more wretched hive of scum and villiany you'll not find in any other thread." Tarkin would say, "Exterminate them, IMMEDIATELY!" Vader would say, "The power to use the world wide web is insignificant next to the Force." Obi-Wan would say, "who are these pathetic life forms?". Qui-Gon would say, "DON'T do that again." Amidala would say, "I was not elected to watch a fun movie die while it is discussed in a committee." And Jar-Jar would say, "Peeeuusa, get dem outta here." There are a few allies for you! Also General, count me in!

5. Qui-Gon Generic

Jun 25, 1999
    Now this is Pod Racing!!!

[This message has been edited by Qui-Gon Generic (edited 07-15-1999).]

6. Spynal

Spynal Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 16, 1998
    Count me in too!
    -"What's wrong?"
    Ask me again how great TPM is when you understand!

The bashers are lowlifes. Go to the thread about TPM not fitting into this decade. My post will show you what has happened.

7. Qui-Gon Generic

Jun 25, 1999
    I want to say this now, to prevent all the unnecessary flaming.......not ALL bashers are lowlifes *deflects negative criticism with his lite saber, zing!*

As I said, They have every right to an opinion, as long as the "dark side of the force" does not engage in 'mindless flame throwing'.....

That being said....

You will bring them....before me.....I have forseen it! "Yes, my Master"....

8. SithLord67

SithLord67 Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 1999
    Anyone who thinks that TPM sucks needs to go see it again. I enjoyed much better the second time around (even though it was still awesome the first). You pick up on all the little things, especially the foreshadowing of what is to come. I also think that if you haven't seen the original trilogy, TPM would make absolutely no sense whatsoever. If you still hate TPM after seeing it again plus the original trilogy, well, then you've obviously started down the dark path. TPM is not a movie to be watched passively. Yes, there is action and adventure, but the plot is deep and thick.

9. Arsenal 2.0

Arsenal 2.0 Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 1999
    Master Generic, I just wanted to remind you that there is a difference between TPM-dislikers and TPM-bashers. Dislikers use logic. Bashers use the Dark Side.

So, no sympathy for the bashers! No love for the haters!

Alright people! We have to fight fire with fire!

So LET'S GET STUPID!!!

10. Darth Warrick

Darth Warrick Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 1999
    Now, now Spyn-ie, Bashers are lowlifes?

Someone needs to take a deep breath.

I, for one, am a God-fearing, voting, hardworking American who happens to be dedicated to my beautiful wife and three kids.

I'm just a SW fan that thought TPM was bad. So what?

I'm not plotting to take down Western civilization. I'm not plannin Roman orgies and sacrifices in a coliseum near you. (Yep I slug through your hyperbole on the thread you mention)

BTW from a historical standpoint your comparison of current Western Civilization to the fall of the Roman empire is wayyyyyy off. I'd list off the numerous causes for the collapse of the empire (decline in a citizen army, problems with succesion of the emperor, concentration of land into the hands of a few, etc.) but that's for another forum at another time.

Other than that more power to you TPM-lovers. I think this thread is a great idea.

11. Captain Kyle Katarn

Captain Kyle Katarn Jedi Youngling

May 23, 1999
    Ill make this short, all I got to say is I got your back!

12. Dedalus

Dedalus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 1999
    Funny jwkenobi, and probably accurate.

Anyway, I will continue to fight TPM injustice in the media as well as extrapolate on Showbizdata's evil conspiracies against the movie going public.

The Box Office truth is out there, and by the Force, I aim to find it ...

And why are TPM bashers still here?

No, I don't mean just in this Forum. I mean on this planet. Leave. We don't want you here. Go to Mars or something.

13. Jedi Master Kain

Jedi Master Kain Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 1999
    Count me in, as well. I don't know how many have followed my previous posts, but if you have, you will see I've been trying my best to fend off these Bashers of TPM. Like Qui-Gon Generic, I believe everyone is in a right to their opinion, If they have a legitimate reason about things they liked/disliked, however. Not this brainless band-wagon of Jar Jar haters, and self-proclaimed "screen-writers" that think they can do a better job than GL. I'm not saying all people who didn't like Jar Jar is stupid, but this endless rant of "Jar Jar must die" is getting old, as well as the "GL-WE-didn't-like-this-you-should-do-this" crowd. The funny thing is; I doubt he is even aware of a lot of the things being said on the web, and if he is, he's probably laughing his @$$ off at the childishness that graces the net concerning SW; HIS vision and story. And he'll get back to writing his script, unaffected.

14. CrowTRobot

CrowTRobot Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 1999
    I've given up on defending EP1 to people whose complaints with the film are based solely on the fact that they just don't get it. Reading anti EP1 posts only annoys me so I stopped.

15. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    I support your cause, though no matter how many other ppl support it there will always be people who disagree, and say TPM sucks. I think TPM's got a lot of problems but I still enjoy it, and refuse to bash it-- or the people who are already bashing it. This place, and the world, has enough flames as it is.
    It ticks me off seeing TPM flame posts. But they're opinions and they're just as entitled as anyone to be shared, and the easiest way for me to deal with them is ignore 'em. But as to the uneducated flamers who say it sucks just out of spite or whatever, I will always counterattack them, even though they will still probably keep their so-called 'opinion.'
    Count me in.

16. Jedi3167

Jedi3167 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 1999
    TPM is the best of the Star Wars movies. When it finally appears on video/dvd and people have a chance to watch it endlessly this fact will be widely acknowledged.

As for starting a thread to combat that other thread, I think its a waste of time. This forum is full of anti-Star wars propaganda agents, bent on trying to distort people's opinions about this movie. I don't think any of them really care what they say or what effect it has.

The only way to combat them is to post new messages with positive thread titles and to ignore their threads.

You can attract them easily by simply producing a thread title that doubts the validity of what they are saying specifically. They tend to be arrogant and vain individuals

Once you have stimulated discussion your thread and its title will remain at the top because they will always want to prove that you are wrong. This is the only way to stop the rot and bring back balance to the force in this forum.

17. JediJack

JediJack Jedi Youngling

May 5, 1999
    I'm with you, Duece22. We can't let Derringer and those other TPM bashers have all the fun. They're acting like THEY are the good guys instead of us, just because we liked TPM. This really p***es me off!

So what do you have in mind? I have my lightsaber in hand and I'm ready to kick some basher butt!!!! Let's show those clowns we mean business too!

18. Darth Jag

Darth Jag Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 1999
    I have recently confronted the bashers on their home turf, one of the few on this forum brave enough to do so. I welcome the opportunity to form an alliance between those of us who appreciate The Phantom Menace. Let me say, however, that we would be better served to defend our views by focusing on the film's good points rather than calling people who don't like the film idiots and telling them how much they suck. Many so-called fans on here have done far more to hurt our cause than to help it by trashing those who don't like TPM, even those with valid, intelligent arguments. Do I agree with Darth Derringer and his Evil Henchmen? Of course not! But rather than wishing to run and hide from them like some mangy cur, or wishing to try to ban them because they think differently, I prefer to meet them head on. Let's discuss and debate here, not flame. We know that WE are the true Masters of The Force here, so let's prove it! May the Force Be With Us!

19. Deuce22

Deuce22 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 1999
    First off, I am glad to see so much support. Thank you all.

The point of this thread was not to start bashing the bashers (I think Boskk77 showed that that is pointless), it was to show that there are some people who like TPM, and that they are ready and willing to debate the merits with those who would frequent the basher threads.

DARTH JAG: I actually read your defense after I had started this thread. I don't think that anyone could have done a better job, I salute you!!

Once I have an idea of who the allies are (WWII reference is intentional), I will mount an offensive that I hope will be the equal of the Bashers' Thread (A CLASSIC!!) But until then, keep it up!!!

20. JediWatcher

JediWatcher Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 1999
    I loved the movie. I've seen it 13 times and counting. I can sit around and talk about it all day.

I just think it could have been so much better. Lucas made so many basic errors which could have been fixed so very easily.

THEREFORE, because I think that TPM was a deeply flawed movie, I am a TPM basher--and I have the thread to prove it:

Forum1/HTML/010600.htmljedicouncil.net/forum/Forum1/HTML/010600.html

Come chat with us.

I'll leave you now.

[This message has been edited by JediWatcher (edited 06-26-99).]

21. Obi-Wannabe

Obi-Wannabe Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 1999
    Yes! Support time.

jwkenobi...*giggle* Very insightful. I particularly agree with the thought that Qui-Gon would say, "DON'T do that again."

I just saw it for the sixth time last night (I know, I'm behind), and though myself, my best friend, and her boyfriend have seen it multiple times, we dragged along five under-13 relatives and their friends, four of which were TPM virgins. All of them loved it. We came out with the three young girls (my friend's sister and her two friends) eagerly and excitedly discussing the saber battles, how cool the Jedi are, and "did you see...!" My friend (Darth Smeg) and I have taught them well. Teach your own Padawans well! Take them to the movie! Not all of them think Jar Jar is funny! But they will like it! And there will be much rejoicing! (yay)

22. Roger Roger

Roger Roger Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 1999
    Bring it on, you CRYBABIES. First, I'll take all the supporters who think that TPM is best movie EVER made. Then, I'll take the rest of you schmucks. (I'm the guy during the Big Battle who jumps out from the trench screaming like a maniac and gets cut down by massive fire). There's a reason why Film Critics get paid for what they do and you LOSERS play with yourselves on the Internet. Hoo-waa!!!

If I don't respond, it means I went to sleep.

23. Deuce22

Deuce22 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 1999
    ROGER ROGER: So what is the point? Film Critics, Art Critics, and Play Critics all are the equivalent of the Emperor's Tailors. Sadly, some mindless TPM supporters (Boskk77) think the same way, if you don't understand what they are saying, you just don't get it.

JEDI WATCHER: I don't think that the mistakes made by Lucas are that huge. Yes, some of the scenes that were cut would have helped viewers to understand the movie's progression more, but Lucas is making these movies for himself, he said as much in the Bill Moyers' interview. Right or Wrong, I think that his statement ends the argument, other than for some who only like to criticize.

P.S. (In Best Rick McCallum Voice) I have seen the TPM supporter's script and it is great!! I can't Wait!!!

24. Roger Roger

Roger Roger Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 1999
    Deuce22:

So what is the point? Film Critics, Art Critics, and Play Critics all are the equivalent of the Emperor's Tailors.

Do you know who Robert Hughes is? He is the art critic for Time magazine and he knows more about art than 99 percent of the self-proclaimed artists in this world. Just because someone is a critic doesn't mean he or she is a pretender. Criticism is a legitimate field of expertise that bridges the gap between the public and the artist. You can say we don't need this bridge, but then we are left with assessments such as TPM is the greatest film ever made or George Lucas should win the Academy Award for best screenplay.

25. Jedi3167

Jedi3167 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 1999
    Deuce22

This is futile. Roger Roger will just say whatever he feels like because he knows he can get away with it.

I seriously doubt that there are any Star Wars fans left on this site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.