The Official New England Patriots 2004 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Massachusetts' started by DarthLucanas, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Well now that we have a forum I would be asleep at the wheel if we didn't have a thread for our home team ....your Superbowl Champion New England Patriots!!!!

Well right now our boys are 7 and 1 on the season and beat the St.Louis Rams in great fashion last Sunday.

How about the Vinatieri with that touchdown pass.
    You know he has a QB rating of 122.9 :p
    Not bad for a Kicker.

The Patriots are of course are atop the AFC East right now and are facing the Buffalo Bills Sunday in Foxborough with a start time of 8:30 p.m.

The Buffalo Bills with an impressive win last week smacked around the Jets and are looking like a much better team each week.
    Now that they have a running game, Drew Bledsoe isn't getting sacked all the time. And he looks more confident throwing the ball.

But the Patriots Defense has been getting back to where we like it and the Bills will not find the Patriots sleeping this week.

The month of November is one of the best times of the season next to the playoffs and should be exciting.

GO PATRIOTS!!!!
  2. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    I need to start watching football more. I keep forgetting on Sundays.
  3. Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Knight

star 3
    Lets go pats!
    Who else is sick of hearing about the Eagles and Steeler while the Patriots STILL aren't getting due credit?
    They are the best team until proven otherwise, it would be oh so sweet to dominate Pitt in the AFC championship game again, and then trample the eagles for Lombardi Trophy numero 3. Should be a great second half of the season, and hopefully 3 more games after that, knock on wood.
    Bledsoe here we come...
  4. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Well unfortunately Ty Law and Tyrone Poole our starting defensive backs will be out for awile and you can bet the Bills will try to take advantage of the loss of those two players but Randall Gay is doing a good job picking up the slack.

And watch out for Lawyer Milloy he is really going to be charged for this game..bet on it.
    I believe I saw that the Bills have the #2 best defense in the AFC as of right now.

Hopefully the Patriots can take the momentum and confidence out of the Bills early in the game.
  5. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    Bledsoe to Troy Brown

That brings back memories. :p
  6. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Patriots win!!!

Not all that exciting a game.
    I expected a better game out of Buffalo especially the way they have been playing.

But it just goes to show you that our coach has got a mind trick working on the Bills phsyche.
  7. hchristensenfan Jedi Master

star 4
    YEAH PATS!!!!! YEAH PATS!!!!!
  8. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    I loved seeing Troy Brown, getting his first career interception.

And seeing Teddy Bruschi get an interception was awesome also.

Anybody else see Johnny Damon at the game?

9. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Anybody else see Johnny Damon at the game?

Yeah, that was cool. I don't know what was better, seeing him act like one of the Pats when he wa introduced or the reaction of the fans when Schilling got off the cart and hobbled out onto the field. I only wish more Sox players had shown up.
  10. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    I only wish more Sox players had shown up.

It would have been more fitting since many more of the Pats showed up for opening day at Fenway.
  11. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    What a great game last night I can't believe what a great season we are still having let's hope we can win it all again this year.

Patriots defeat the Chiefs 27-19

It was great to see Deion Branch back he was awesome last night. He had 6 catches for 105 yards and had a touchdown also!!

And how about that Rodney Harrison interception before the end of the half!!! What a play!!!

We are 9-1 now on the season!!!

Here is the rest of the regular season schedule

Sun 11/28/2004 04:15 PM vs Ravens CBS
    Sun 12/05/2004 01:00 PM @ Browns CBS
    Sun 12/12/2004 01:00 PM vs Bengals CBS
    Mon 12/20/2004 09:00 PM @ Dolphins ABC
    Sun 12/26/2004 04:15 PM @ Jets CBS
    Sun 01/02/2005 01:00 PM vs 49ers
  12. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    I just got back from the game.It was great to see the Pats play on the road like that but I doubt I'll go to KC again.

Talk about a bunch of Rubes. I actually had a few people out there make comments to me and my friends that Patriot fans aren't as good as KC fans because we don't all dress in the same colors.

I just laughed and agreed that the ability to dress like each other proved what brilliant fans they are.
  13. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    I actually had a few people out there make comments to me and my friends that Patriot fans aren't as good as KC fans because we don't all dress in the same colors.

o_O Because you weren't wearing the same colors :rolleyes:?!?

I had a teacher that would always say, "it's been my experience that as you travel further south the average IQ drops about 5-10 points per state". I've also found that in some of my travels down south and it seems you've just added to that theory there.
  14. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    It's kind of true.

I've had people ask me why I don't want to travel to other Countries.I just tell them when I want to visit strange lands and people I just go to the South.
  15. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Patriots did it again. Big win 24 to 3 over Baltimore Ravens.

A tough game in the first half.
    But they really came back in the second half.

Nice win and I love a good muddy and rainy game.
  16. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    Let's just hope that Matt Light isn't hurt too badly.The O line has been hit hard this season.Todd Ashworth and Adrian Klemm are all ready lost for the season as well as Dan Kleco.

Still, the Pats have a pretty good chance at running the table the rest of the way as only the Jets are the only team left to play with a winning record.
  17. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    Let's just hope that Matt Light isn't hurt too badly.

It didn't look too bad, since he was able to hobble off of the field, even if he needed to lean on the trainers to do it. It would be tough without him but like you said, the O-Line has faired well despite injuries.

It was really something else to watch Corey Dillon stiff-arm his way through the Ravens defense on Sunday. The guy is just unbelievable!!!
  18. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Hopefully the Browns will not score the kind of points they did last week.

I am sure the Patriots defense will be top notch this week again.

Marques Sullivan was just added to the team on Friday.
    He will hopefully make a great contribution to the offensive line and help out where needed.
    He can play left tackle, right tackle, and guard.

Injury report is this as of Friday:

Ty Law......Out
    Tyrone Poole.....Doubtful
    Roman Phifer.....Questionable
    Asante Samuel....Questionable
    Mike Vrabel .....Questionable
    Randall Gay.....Probable
    Tom Brady .........Probable
    Jim Miller.......Probable

And I and everyone will be watching Corey Dillon again this week. His performances have been awesome.
    Already has a 1000 yard season.

19. hchristensenfan Jedi Master

star 4
  20. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Patriots smoked the Browns so badly.. [face_devil]

How about the Patriots defense again.
    Troy Brown with another interception.
    And Harrison had one and almost a second that was challenged and the call reversed.

Bethel Johnson scoring on the opening kickoff return!!
    How about that strip by Richard Seymour on William Green and then Randall Gay picks up the fumble to run it in for the touchdown.

Corey Dillon with another 100 yard day.
    Even Faulk had 87 yards in the game.

It was a swweet game all around. I was watching all this while setting up my mom's Christmas tree.

Did anyone else watch that Eagles and Packers game?
    Tough day to be a Packer yesterday. [face_sick]
  21. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    One of the best (and funniest) parts of yesterday's game was when Gay picked up the fumble and Big Willie grabbed him by the back. Randall was all set to head off one direction, Willie "convinced" him to run another and he ends up getting the TD. :D
  22. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    Just goes to show the crafty vet was looking out for the kid. ;)
  23. Jedi_Hood Force Ghost

star 6
    Either that, or he wanted it for himself. ;)

"No, it's mine! You can't have it!"
  24. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I haven't watched the game yet but I will be watching it on tape.

I did see some of the highlights and saw that Troy Brown had an interception again!!

Sad news though at the end of this season Charlie Weiss will be leaving the Patriots and going to Notre Dame to become it's head coach for next season.
    :(

Well the Patriots clinched the division yesterday with their win and the Jets looosing to the Steelers who also clinched their division along with Indianapolis.

The playoffs should be quite interesting in the AFC this year. I can't wait!!

Go Patriots!!!

25. hchristensenfan Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.